FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Database Problem

htmlmaster
When I go to my forums I get this error message occasionally.
Quote:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Note that my forum gets virtually NO traffic.
Bondings
Could you please give us the url? And does it still show that error?
Reiji
Well, due to my experience in SMF Forums, i can tell you that it is because the server (FRIhost) was a little busy and the minimun usage for the forums wasn´t available...that happens only by a few minutes, when the server gets free again, it all returns to normal.

Thats completely normal on this kind of servers, sometimes when you have many things with a database, every one of them shows an error message at a time (PHP-Nuke and SMF, for example).

Don´t worry, whenever you get that message, just try again later. Thats not for the database (i repeat) its for the server being busy at that moment.
htmlmaster
Ok, yeah, it works, I just wish there was something I could do, if a one time visitor/future member got that error, well that's one less member I would have.
Reiji
Yeah, thats right...but anyway, that error is not too coon (i´ve just saw it like three times...) besides, it depends on the host.