FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unable to send email [Server 2 - DirectAdmin]

zivkong
I don't know what's the problem but it seems can't send out email from both webmail.
wumingsden
zivkong wrote:
I don't know what's the problem but it seems can't send out email from both webmail.

About 5 mintues ago I sent an email from www.mail2web.com using an email account on server2, Do you still have the same problem? If not, then it's probably that the email function (pop/smtp?) was down for a few seconds.
zivkong
still the same now .... nothing i can do, hahaha
gnomme
zivkong wrote:
still the same now .... nothing i can do, hahaha

the same for me....
this is the message: "It was not possible to send this e-mail"
gnomme
sorry...but still having problems and still not having any ansers...
wumingsden
Where do you get this error?

Do you get it via

Also, please test out www.mail2web.com and see whether you can send an email to your own account. If you can, then we can rule out that there is something wrong with the server that is affecting you.
gnomme
it only occurs when I m sending. With receiving is all fine
wumingsden
gnomme wrote:
it only occurs when I m sending. With receiving is all fine

wumingsden wrote:

Do you get it via

gnomme
yes and the problem still occurs now! Bondings do not answer me...
what is hapening?? everybody on vacations?
mathiaus
Are you receiving the error through trying all of the above mentioned forms of sending mail? You need to be more specific otherwise helping is rather difficult.
gnomme
YES!!!!!
wumingsden
gnomme wrote:
YES!!!!!

If you send me your DA password via PM I will check out a few things to see whether it's something your end. I will also use the methods stated to see whether they bring about the error.
Arnie
Please also notice the following topic:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-43906.html
wumingsden
Arnie wrote:
Please also notice the following topic:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-43906.html

This is very weird. I myself am hosted on server 2 and use my email boxes daily, which including sending mail to .msn.com/.hotmail.com addresses. The original thread starter however seems to have problems with sending out all mail. Question
Arnie
I created a test account on test@arnie.frih.net. PM me for the login information, whoever wants to test it.
wumingsden
Tested and works.
Arnie
A note to the above: wumingsden PMed me that it works using www.mail2web.com and that he hasn't tried Frihost's webmail. When I try mail2web, it also works for me, but not when using Frihost's own Squirrelmail. Since my main mail account has a considerable amount of archived mail in its Squirrelmail folders (from the time it still worked), I would really like to be able to use it again. Mail2web can only access the boxes prefixed with INBOX, not the ones I made myself in Squirrelmail.

Also I don't quite understand how mail2web.com works, technically. It isn't affiliated to Frihost but one way or the other is able to connect to its webmail directories when supplied with the right login info.

For those of you who don't have archived mail and don't have any objections to using a third-party website, I suppose mail2web.com is your solution. But I request the admins to please see if you can get Frihost's own webmail working again. Thanks in advance Wink

Oh, and my test account is still open for testing, just PM me about it.
Arnie
Is there any news on this problem?
nappa
me too have the same problem. until today still can't send any mail.

Hope someone fix this soon.

I can't contact my clients using frih.net email account. So when I receive emails from clients I have to use my personal email (hotmail) to sent email.
Arnie
I have just succesfully sent a test message from my frih-account using Squirrelmail. The problem seems to be solved! I suggest you all give it a try and report back if it's working. Hopefully, this will forever solve the problem.

I wonder what Bondings has done but not announced, or is he just being plain lucky? Mr. Green
mathiaus
Arnie wrote:
I have just succesfully sent a test message from my frih-account using Squirrelmail. The problem seems to be solved! I suggest you all give it a try and report back if it's working. Hopefully, this will forever solve the problem.

I wonder what Bondings has done but not announced, or is he just being plain lucky? Mr. Green

Not announced but has spoken about about -> http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-70147.html

-close-