FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Lay0out troubles.... Help for a biginer please

AmzLangers
I am havving a little bit of troubble. I am trying to start a Virtual sim, Have pages and rego, set up um.... I need to know how to get page clicky coordinates if that makes sence, and I need to know how to set my page up the way i need it to be Like for instance you have www.furry-paws.com amd you also have www.houndism.com They all use a photo/image and then code it from it's coordinents... I don't know what proigram to use. O.o I have only just started with coding and what not. I just dont know how to make the clicky thing.... If you know what i am talking about please tell me what program to use. XP thanks.

I don't use frontpage for the links. because the links downt work for me the picture is there but the links arn't or am i doing some things wrong.
Can i have some help or a step by step insert instuctions for my site?
Donutey
Here's an instance where using proper punctuation and grammar might help us understand what you want.

I'm guessing you want to setup an image map, you can go to the http://www.w3schools.com/html/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_areamap page for some basics.
-]X[iNTaYkE]X[-
are you using photoshop to make the design of the site? or is it all frontpage, i'm not familiar with frontpage, but if you use photoshop, its very simple to setup your links.
nvsnkalyan
You might be talkin bout ImageMaps
To have imagemaps you can either use them <map> tags in html
If you dont know html you can go for some generators like Adobe ImageReady CS(2)
Using this software you can create imagemaps, i.e having links on images

There are also more such softwares avaliable... YOu can always search on google.....to get free ones
AmzLangers
Ok sorry about that I am a bit dull when it comes to spelling specially if i am in a rush and don't think.

I do not have Css photoshop, I am using frontpage with images from fireworks. I don't know how to get a code data. If this is going to make more sence.

Um, But if you could explain it to me how to get coordinates from a program or show me a really good step to step totorial. thats great.
I will be much abliged.
AmzLangers
Donutey That URL you gave me didn't really help me. I just need cordinates, I know how to set it out, Just need to find the coordinates. XD

Thanks though, I will refrence it and keep it for my sister to look at
Dragate
Since you are using frontpage and other WYSIWYG editors...

I"m guessing you know little about plain coding.

Try this:

http://www.w3schools.com

For HTML, DHTML, CSS, PHP, ASP, mySQL, and any other hyper texting processor language.

For a lot of websites, you'll need personally edited//made images:
Get a software like the GIMP~
It's tottaly free:
http://www.gimp.org/

Good luck and have fun.

You have a long way ahead of you Razz
Dragonfly-online
If you need a way to find out the coordinates of the certain parts of the image you are using, al you need to do is take it into a simple graphics editor such as MsPaint and on the Status Bar it should show the coordinates of your pointer. ust point it to wherever you want and then record the coordinates