FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Massive Attack.

guissmo
Anyone know of this band?
I find their music unique and cool.

Can anyone give a brief history of how/when they got famous? Smile
Darius
Not my kind of music, but you could look-up their offisial site or see the info on wikipedia.org, wich also has quite some info Smile
hunterm
Massive Attack are amazing. They were around in the early/mid nineties and pretty much started the whole Trip Hop music scene.I absolutely loved them. They're from my hometown, Bristol (UK).

I think their best album is their first one, Blue Lines, but I love all of them.

If you like massive attack you might also like Portishead also form Bristol (well nearby), and Tricky, who was in Massive Attack.

I might stick a few tracks on my mp3 player, it's been a while since I listened to it.
The Mitchell
massive attack win although 100th window is not one of my faves. mezzanine is a classic though
tingkagol
i like mezzanine, but i hated that "man next door" track. i want to rip my hair off after listening to that guy's voice. probably the most terrible track i've heard.
The Mitchell
That guy is tricky. hes well good a great drum and bass dj too. i quite like that track tbh
photon
I do have their whole discography, even though i dont find them very good. Differnt kinda music, so not many may like it
Eiken
Yeah, I like Massive Attack, I was introduced to them because I really like Peter Gabriel, and, they did a remix of his song "Games Without Frontiers", which is really good. Then when I got into House MD, I really liked the theme song and looked it up, after I found out that Massive Attack did it, I really started getting into them.
djura
i was amused with Massive Attack, since "Daydreaming" from Album "Blue Lines"

They first single was on BBC demo list in time when Bush (older Twisted Evil ) attack Iraq in `90.

Polite BBC and other English media find it unapropriete to have "Massive Attack" in the Media and force them to get realise and promote them as "Massive" .

Maybe that`s the reason why they called second album "Protection" and label theire name as "Massive Attack".

Portishead are realy good, i might say even better than Tricky.
I recommand teire first album [Dummy] for all.

Second named Portishead is really heavy waight for 90 % of trip-hop-pop listener.
froginabox
Mezzanine is my fav. album by them. Makes for AWESOME driving music too!
glabase
yeah they're a good band but not usually the kind of choonz i listen to.

i like the collected album - tis very easy-listenin' Cool
tingkagol
The Mitchell wrote:
That guy is tricky. hes well good a great drum and bass dj too. i quite like that track tbh

the guy's name is "tricky"? i still hate it.

beeeeeeeee my neeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyburrr... (1000X)
Esperanto
Excellent group! Trip hop is a pretty cool genre, I suggest Portishead to anyone who enjoys Massive Attack.
cloudship
not heard, sounds like a hard rock band, which may cause heart attack for the elders. haha
nimo
you can look them up in wikipedia if you want to read their bio. if you dont have anything real to say, stop wasting our time and STFW.

if you just want people to tell you that they like this band then here it is: i like them, as well as millions of people around the world. after all, they were very famous like 10 years ago.
saeleyjnr
hunterm wrote:
Massive Attack are amazing. They were around in the early/mid nineties and pretty much started the whole Trip Hop music scene.I absolutely loved them. They're from my hometown, Bristol (UK).

I think their best album is their first one, Blue Lines, but I love all of them.

If you like massive attack you might also like Portishead also form Bristol (well nearby), and Tricky, who was in Massive Attack.

I might stick a few tracks on my mp3 player, it's been a while since I listened to it.

Woo, 2 bristolians in the House!

yeah, i'm not much of a massive attack fan. They have 3 or 4 really cracking songs, but after that its mostly drivel.
Sphaerenkern
I got the album "Blue Lines" a long time ago and didn't like it much. I kinda discovered it again and like it - although I don't prefer it to Rock, I like to listen to it from time to time, it's very relaxing, I guess.
Anyway, Trip Hop isn't very popular anymore, is it? Not that I'd change my habit because of that, but it seems to me that quite few people know about it.
officernarc
saeleyjnr wrote:
yeah, i'm not much of a massive attack fan. They have 3 or 4 really cracking songs, but after that its mostly drivel.

i totally agree. but those 3 or 4 really good songs are REALLY good. i mean, most bands would give their left arm (insert def leppard joke here) to write a song as amazing as "angel". i know i would.
David_Pardy
Being very close minded when it comes to music, I was VERY surprised to find I enjoyed several tracks off Mezzanine.

That being said, I got Blue Lines for $5 and I hated it.

Angel, Dissolved Girl, Mezzanine and Group Four are my favourites. But yeah, I can't stand that guy's voice either!
slashnburn99
Hi im from the Uk.

massive attack etc changed their name because of the gulf war back in 1991

look for a band called

bomb the bass

same band, same line up, just pre name change 1991
Radar
First heard someone talking about this band the other day, when their song 'Angel' was used in an episode of a tv series I was watching at the time. I'm contemplating going and looking for the song, probably helped by the fact that this thread has just reminded me of it Smile

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in, in the midst of all the passionate fans.
agustin
I heard some songs of them not knowing who was it from and I really liked it at the moment. Now I got some records and itr pretty good.