FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Starcraft vs. Age of Empires II

Which Do you Prefer, Age of Empires 2 or Starcraft?
Age of Empires II
54%
 54%  [ 17 ]
Starcraft
45%
 45%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 31

nickhaw
Me and my freind tend to argue about which game is better starcraft or Age of Empire II. for me these are the two games that brought me in to the rts genre, and im sure they did for many other people. I grew up on age of empires and i love it! still to this day i actively play AOE 2. but my freind prefers Starcraft. i just wanted to gage what you guys think.
chanchunyu
I support AOE2 Laughing
Although Starcraft looks cool, I just played once and then continue my journey on AOE2 Cool
But this journey stopped when I always drop from the game....
otherwise I would have played till now Laughing
dule
i'd say starcraft, i play it almost every day on bnet...
Kelcey
I really liked starcraft... and I'm not a big fan of rts games.
grumman
i vote for starcraft and its addon brood war. i have started my journey from this game. great titles
Boles Roor
I've always liked AOE. So my vote goes to AOE II.
Monkeydog
I like them both and I beileve i own them both but i have to go with AoE II...
orc_lord
my vote went to age of empires 2 because it's rulz..
Xploder
I hate Starcraft, AOE2 is amazing... but why doesn't anyone remember Total Annihilation as the revolutionary RTS game Crying or Very sad? It was the first to use 3D Models and it came out before Starcraft, and owned it!! Starcraft is nothing compared to that.
dule
Xploder wrote:
I hate Starcraft, AOE2 is amazing... but why doesn't anyone remember Total Annihilation as the revolutionary RTS game Crying or Very sad? It was the first to use 3D Models and it came out before Starcraft, and owned it!! Starcraft is nothing compared to that.

Shocked

u heard about korean gaming? wcg?

starcraft is one of the most played mp games in the world.
nickhaw
ive never played total anialation but theres a new onecoming out by the same guy called supreme commander it looks awesome. like really really awesome . really good scale representation
Boles Roor
Xploder wrote:

Not remembering? I love playing that game, still do. Well, did. It won't run on Linux Sad
Haku
StarCraft for me.
I've played both, but the coolest online is starcraft and that's why my vote goes on starcraft.
nickhaw
thanks for all the feedback so far, its great to find what other people think. and YAY aoe 2 is winning! Very Happy

thanks again
Scott
I love starcraft, it's a very versitile game, and there are many mods and custom maps for it. I could also never get AOE multiplayer games to work.
crip1087
I'd vote for Age of Empires, I think its the best RTS made to this day! I cant wait til Age of Empires 3 comes out later this year, its going to be amazing.

I still remember the first day I played AOE1 when i got my first computer back in 2000. I then got the demo to AOE2 in a PCGamer issue and then i was hooked then i bought the game then the expansion! I think AOE2 is one of the greatest games ever but was underrated. I think it was very very balanced.
nickhaw
ive been playing aoe since it came out back in '97. my older brother got it and i started playin. Smile
snowboardalliance
I've only played AOE2 but I think it's really good.
TimsJugling
Age of empires II games are somtimes hard to start in multiplayer. but it could just be the disk that I have, I got it from a friend and its all scratched! who ever scratches disks should be... never mind.
but still, I have both AOEII and SC but I have only played SC once becuase I never really got into it, it was to much like Command and Conqure Red Alert 2. ( just in an alien type setting ) I have Command and Conquere Generals and its the best game!!!!!!! or atleast one of them! it rocks! Im not one for Online gaming though. I like role playing games and cant wait for Fable to come out on PC!!! its coming out on PC you know! its awsome!
THE11thROCK™
Starcraft? Forget it. Shell out some bucks for any command and conquer game and you're definitely in for some action!
Grimboy
I think:
Total Anihalation > Starcraft > Age of Empires II.
Xploder
Grimboy wrote:
Total Anihalation > Starcraft > Age of Empires II

you got it right partly:

Total Anihalation > Age of Empires II > Command & Conquer > Settlers II-IV (if anyone knows this nice game made by Blue Byte, its really good except it takes 6 hours to start up a strong economy).........>.........>.......... Starcraft
hofer
I've played AOE2 for two years, SC is nice but you can't compare it AOE2.
I'm just willing to player AOE3.
bambay
I tried starcraft before but ... i dont like it. i like AOE more.
dexterius
You're trying to funny ?? Can can you compare game like StarCraft with AOE .. ? StarCraft is not just a game, it's tradition, art .... AOE is nothing comparing to StarCraft. Maybe you dont like graphics or some other stuff in there, but it is a perfect strategy game!
dz9c
AOE 2 is the Man. Smile
alexcheng
In the end it just depends which game you got into first.

I was a total Starcraft fan for like 2-3 yearsand I was playing at a pretty high level of competition (this was prior to the whole korean community had even developed).

With AoE2, i played the single player versions but never really got into the multiplayer, mainly because at the time I was spending like 99% of my time playing starcraft Razz

I've always been a huge Blizzard supporter and have played all their games up to WoW (I even bought them all Razz). Actually, I haven't played tat one FPS they had Ghost, based on starcraft... or did that game ever even come out? Anyways, I digress.

I'm sure that if I had been an AoE fan at the beginning, I wouldn't have liked starcraft as much as I did and would be saying the exact same thing about AoE2 right now.
linkman2004
Dude, there's nothing like playing a 3 player game with your brothers in AOE II. Smile Me and my bros used to play it all the time. Single player ain't bad neither though. So, AOE II for me.
Dark_Jedi06
I like them both...

Though I'd prefer AOE II. Wink
Ghost900
Starcraft is better I think because it is out of the world type because there are many AoE II type games. Rolling Eyes
quanmai
I been playing AOE from the first version was release. And now im stilll play it sometimes.
I dunno how to play it online, when i connect it auto kick me out Sad
dunno why.
so badd
mark25
well, my vote goes to Starcraft! but when you will ask me. Starcraft or Age of Empire III, well I'll go to Age of Empires III. Very Happy
wapkralj
The better is AoE II.It is best damn game ever made.It is only good thing from Microsoft Very Happy .I played since 2001 and playing it now too.It doesn't important that graphic is bad.The game simply is incredible it is just good.I cannot still explain why is it best game ever.Maybe it is easy to use,you became addicted Very Happy ,and you can set it your level....
KLURC
newer has starcraft myself. but have saw when played.i personaly dont like sci-fi. AOE"rulez. iaven its so old, its better than manyof new games, for eg. it doesnt need humongus requierments. andits real.i play it in multyplayer with my friends.