FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

who have emulators.

theem
We all now about Snes9x and XSNES and if you don't,

I have a little question, is there a PS2 (or other platform) emulator and if so can someone link it to me?

And if there isn't one, what a good idea that would be.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Question
QrafTee
theem wrote:
We all now about Snes9x and XSNES and if you don't,

I have a little question, is there a PS2 (or other platform) emulator and if so can someone link it to me?

And if there isn't one, what a good idea that would be.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Question

To answer your question, yes there are PS2 emulators out there. The problem is they suck and aren't compatible with retail games. Can I link you to one? No, because unlike normal emulators which can be said to be "legal," PSX and PS2 emulators require BIOS which are protected by the law and thus would be "illegal" for me to tell you anything about. If you want to know about it that badly, I suggest you use Google.
Senshida
I have an emulator that emulates All Nintendo systems, some Sega Systems, Turbographics, and some others. Its called Wii.
guugu
dont need emulator coz i have real NES 8-bit and its fully functional ;P
flameboy1974
I have a PS2 emulator that work better than most i've tried. It doesn't work for every game but alot work. Problem is you need to extract the bios from your PS2 for then emulator to function. Another problem is that some game play fine then half way through they freeze or control config changes, slowdowns...ect, ect... It was a big pain. Was it worth it? Not really, I would rather just use the PS2. Easier and i know it will work everytime.
Teddy1
Yes i agree with flameboy1974, they are alot of hassle, i just have the good old gameboy advance emulator Very Happy, so many hours of entertainment right at my fingertips Very Happy.
rajhank
open up the site

-Link Removed-

I thk this site will help u

gh0stface wrote:
Please do not post links to Emulators and Roms. It is against the rules and TOS. Failure to comply will result in harsh penalties.
m_furquan36
The emulators arent really worth it,so many messups one would rather just get the real thing imo Smile .
phyconinja
guugu wrote:
dont need emulator coz i have real NES 8-bit and its fully functional ;P

man.. I want that... but they cos more the an Xbox now days!
Crying or Very sad
Yjaxygames
rajhank wrote:
open up the site

-Link Removed-

Hey, I visited that site too for my emulators and roms XD
squeakypants
PS2 emulation is possible and decent speeds, but you need a really nice computer with a fast processor to do it.

I have no problem with emulation. Obviously downloading games is morally wrong, as game developers can't profit off that. However, emulation keeps games alive that wouldn't be otherwise. If I want to play Salamander or Don Pachi, I'm not going to buy an old console or a machine. Not only is that too expensive, but it doesn't actually help the developers make money, as everything I'd be buying is from a third party, and the developer already made all the money they can. Even with games being sold, I think it's fine, as long as you own the game in question. It allows you to play the game in higher resolutions than otherwise (Ikaruga in HD is amazing), and sometimes even online play.
Patriot Players
Console emulation is always inferior to playing the game on the real thing. In fact, I havent even bothered with it since n64. The gameplay value just isnt there trying to port controller schemes over to keyboard.
Ghengis
To those who say the PS2 emulator is "illegal": in a word, no. Like every other emulator released since the first PSX emulation turned up in the wild, they are released *separately* from the copyrighted Sony BIOS file. Code to emulate the PS2's processors is not illegal, but copying the console's BIOS (data that represents essentially the operating system) is. If, however, you *own* a PS2 (like I do), you are permitted under US Copyright law (other countries may of course vary) to extract a copy yourself to use for backup or "educational" (e.g. tinkering) purposes. So you can legally run a PS2 (or PSX, or whatever) emulator if you own the console, or for that matter if you buy a bricked one with the BIOS intact.

That said, uh, I don't actually know much about *good* PS2 emulators. I've seen some early, early prototypes that run demos, but never anything that would begin to approach retail quality. Anybody know names for that?
cong06
N64 Emulation is also possible, and feezable. The only reason I don't do it much is I like Zelda, and I don't have a good controller.

Shooting arrows using the arrow keys on your keyboard, which give no flexibility to aiming, doesn't work.
Ghengis
Any emulator users out there, I *strongly* reccommend getting something like a Super Joybox/Super Dualbox, which lets you use a Playstation (2) gamepad as a DirectX Game Controller, via a USB connection. It even supports rumble! It makes SNES, N64, or PSX emulation so much more enjoyable! I've had mine for years, and I wouldn't part with it.
Josso
Yes - I'm pretty much on thin ice here to be talking about PS2 emulators due to the legality of them. There's still legal issues over such as software like Project 64 - N64 emulation. It's really good fun though if you don't mind breaking very minor laws, use Google and search for them... a lot of the old ones for Amiga and such are quite hard to setup - you are expected to have background computer knowledge already for things such as display, audio and such.
schooldays
I use a lot of emulators, mostly Project 64, zsnesw, and fceu.
Seiji
I use an emulator on my PSP. Now we can play PS1 games on which is pretty sweet since those DBZ games were hard to find and now I can just download them.
prole
cong06 wrote:
N64 Emulation is also possible, and feezable. The only reason I don't do it much is I like Zelda, and I don't have a good controller.

Shooting arrows using the arrow keys on your keyboard, which give no flexibility to aiming, doesn't work.

For me it works well with my keyboard. Currently I'm play Ocarina of Time using Project64, and getting the last medallion soon. Shooting arrows is no big problem not as bad as using longshot. For some far distance target, shooting with longshot without a good control is really a pain...
ItsWesley
I've only seen good working emulators that worked for consoles up till the dreamcast, I don't think there is a great PS2 one, though it is great playing all of those old consoles on my PC, and with a 360 controller I can control them fine!
Fright Knight
I have 3 emulators. For SNES, GBA, and for Nester. I like the GBA among all of them.

PS2 emulators really sucks. Maybe we should wait a couple more years for the developers to improve its performance. Right now, try a GBA emulator.
Commando_Sondre
I have one emulator. For Windows. Yeah, you guessed right, I'm using Linux. The emulator I use is Wine, Cedega costs money so I don't use it. Anyhow, Wine works perfect for me.
why6487
I have ONE and ONE convertor I'm making on. Yep, it runs Windows EXE files so that they are like Mac Applications and can convert them. Yep, I am going to use Leopard. Or a kick from 10.2.8 to 10.5.
hofodomo01
Though for PS2, I've heard because how the CPUs of the playstation is set up, you would need multicore processors. For instance, a intel pentium duo @ 2 ghz would outperform a single pentium core (whatever type) clocked at 3 ghz when using the PS2 emulator.
gibbo
iv tried a ps2 emulator but it wasnt compatible with my laptop i really want to find one which is compatible with one of my computer systems weather for laptop or pc iv got a pc with a 2.4ghz processor and 512ram and g force 6 256mb graphics card will that support any ps2 emulators?
linhquang
You can search on torrent to down the emu.
I downloaded, but i don't have any game to check but i think it soso.
if someone need, mail to me : linhquang@gmail.com
Agent ME
I have a sega genesis emulator and SNES emulator on my modded xbox - really fun and works well on the xbox controller. Anyone with a modded xbox should try out the xbox-versions of emulators.
gradelem
i agree with all of you guy
dolly983
im dont like emulators
Pikokola
Ghengis wrote:
To those who say the PS2 emulator is "illegal": in a word, no. Like every other emulator released since the first PSX emulation turned up in the wild, they are released *separately* from the copyrighted Sony BIOS file. Code to emulate the PS2's processors is not illegal, but copying the console's BIOS (data that represents essentially the operating system) is. If, however, you *own* a PS2 (like I do), you are permitted under US Copyright law (other countries may of course vary) to extract a copy yourself to use for backup or "educational" (e.g. tinkering) purposes. So you can legally run a PS2 (or PSX, or whatever) emulator if you own the console, or for that matter if you buy a bricked one with the BIOS intact.

yeah.. to put it simple :
- PS2 Emulator ARE LEGAL, because it's doesn't come with BIOS [Emulator and PS2 System are different thing, and the can't be count as same thing because they had "almost" totally different codes]
- You can't play PS2 emulator without the BIOS
- Copying BIOS from another people are illegal (Of course download them are illegal too ^^)
- BUT, It's legal to have BIOS from your OWN PS2 [Or maybe get BIOS from another people as long as you had the same version of PS2 with those BIOS]

To put it more simple : It's legal to have, own, makes, play, or whatever with PS2 Emulator using BIOS from your OWN PS2, But, it's still can't be avoided that PS2 emulator.. curently.. Su*k

for info about BIOS... google ^^
rayx
I have snes, ps emulator.
CMA
rajhank wrote:
open up the site

-Link Removed-

gh0stface wrote:
Please do not post links to Emulators and Roms. It is against the rules and TOS. Failure to comply will result in harsh penalties.

lol, enjoy your B&...?

Anyway, I admit that I use emulators for older systems, but it's not really alright to ask for websites or post 'em because... well, you got the point now... Just use Google.

I have emulators for SNES and Sega Genesis. Used to have one for GBA, but got rid of it already. Emulators for bigger consoles such as the PS2 tend to be buggy/slow/broken somehow. As for DS, I was told no emulator so far runs at 100%.

Just my 2 cents on the subject...
Whong
I have some but don't really use them anymore. Wink I don't use my computer to play games at all almost.

I've got NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy Advance and I think I have a Sega emulator aswell. Very Happy
ExBuM
On my computer I only have a GBA emulator. On my PSP I have PS1 GBA N64 NES and Genesis emulators.