FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Is it wrong to care for people!?





unknownc1c
like the subject says, is it wrong to care for people!? Has society brain washed us all into not caring about others, or if we do care for others, it's only a select few.

I personally care for almost everyone, even most the people that dislike me, but do any of them ever care back!? no. I know sooo many people who only care about a handful of people and they care about them more than they do for people they've known for years. Is it wrong to care about people? Are we just suppost to care for our best friends and that's it?

Either my school has a bunch of stuck up snobs, or I have poor tastes in friends. It might be a little of both <_< Sometimes it just seems like i'm the only person that cares for people
c'tair
It all depends. People dont naturally care for other people. Other people can take your food, territory and your female. Yeah, instincts. Today I witnessed how some elderly people almost started fighting in the local supermarket because there was a sale, and they could save some bucks, or actually, a buck to be precise. Its usually the sole mentallity of people. Eat or be eaten. If you care for other people then you usually feel something to them, respect, friendship, maybe even fear. Dunno, Ill think about it and maybe come up with a more sophisticated answer tomorrow.
unknownc1c
i think your answer was pretty darn good to start with. Very thought out in my opinion, but isn't those traits more common amoung guys? b/c it seems like girls care less for people than guys do Confused
xkobram
unknownc1c wrote:
it seems like girls care less for people than guys do Confused


Hmm great opinion, I have never thought about it. But this also depends on some factors. Some girls care only for people who come and ask for help. I dont know girls who care for more. I dont know guys who care. But they care, we only dont see it.

I try to care a lot. But who knows if i realy care.
TrueFact
I care for evey one i meet but my response differs... and I think this happens to everyone...

If you see a poor man on the side of the road... you care for him and you want to help him and give him some cash... BUT ... you don't have enough to feed yourself and family... that's ... WHY ... you go away and people ... LOOK ... at you like if you are a ... CARELESS ... person

Let's see if you have that money to give it to the guy people will consider you ... a GENEROUS CARING ... person that you helped the poor guy.

Another case... you have the money and you see the guy ... BUT ... you were ... simply BUSY ... wether you were talking to some one or even thinking about anything that crossed your mind and pass right next to the guy... you saw him ... but you didn't CARE ... because you weren't focusing on what's arround you.

and another thing... Caring has levels too... you care for a friend more than you do for a stranger... you care for a family member more than a friend...
AmzLangers
unknownc1c wrote:


I personally care for almost everyone, even most the people that dislike me, but do any of them ever care back!? no. I know sooo many people who only care about a handful of people and they care about them more than they do for people they've known for years. Is it wrong to care about people? Are we just suppost to care for our best friends and that's it?



Your not alone on this one. I am particuly the same in the same way. I am not the best person, not the best in popularity, not the best when it comes to being into the fashion, and definetly not the best looking.
I am over mature for my age, and don't do what normal teenagers do.
I have depression and loads of family and frien issues on my shoulder...

STILL i have enough time to see some one upset, I will try talking with them, If one of my friends runs into tears i will be there to stop them, and stop there tears.
Helping others might not be a secected few, but we all should just try and help every one we can
tyrant
Welcome to the world folks. Personally i think, in our generation everyone is more interested in what's good for them and only for them. You'd hardly see people helping old folks or doing community service these days in my country.

I used to be a selfish person, but my best friend and my girlfriend opened my eyes and in the last few i really and sincerely do my best to help people, never mind if they don't appreciate it or take it for granted. I did what i could and i never have regrets. Very Happy

Be proud of who you are. Remember life isn't all about your teenage life of fun and enjoyment. Dad always told me, if you think your poor, there are millions out there poorer then you. If you think your ugly, there are people out whose faces are scarred beyond recognition. ^^ and it goes on. Comparison in life never got many people far. Unknown, its good that people like you are around. Never stop doing what you do.
niffer
No, it is definately never wrong to care for people, even if you aren't very close to them. WELL, maybe it's because I'm Canadian, lawls, but you cannot say it is bad to have a heart. It's people like you that although they start wondering about the world, care about people almost unconditionally nonetheless that will help change everyone's elses outlooks on life, eventually. Remember, half of a person's personality is based on how they are born, but the other half is based on how they are raised. So it would make sense that many people from where you live have the same attitude. Every little thing adds to the atmosphere, for better or for worse.

xXMuch luff,
Aredon
c'tair wrote:
It all depends. People dont naturally care for other people.

I strongly disagree. Human beings significantly different from nature in the aspact of caring for each other.

Example: A person near you is hit by a car.
Do you:
A. Stand in shock
B. Rush to help them
C. Casualy walk by

If you answered A or B there is an aspect of caring involved.

In the unlikely event you chose C, It is very possible some person wronged you in some way during your lifetime or very close to that time to cause you to take your own misery before that of others. Or you're avoiding entanglement from the police;).

Your point is at the same time true in that in a growing number of situations, selfishness and a sence of pride often take presidence over the feelings of others. However, I would say human beings in general care for each other. Sometimes it takes a back seat to egotism, and THAT is the issue.
nikki
I won't say that people don't care...
I'd say that people just don't show it.

If someone is hit by a car, caring has nothing to do with calling emergency services or whoever you call in your country.

People demonstrate concern for others not because they genuinely care, but because they are there at the time.

Showing compassion for someone in a time when they are down does not necessarily mean you care now does it?
Aredon
nikki wrote:
If someone is hit by a car, caring has nothing to do with calling emergency services or whoever you call in your country.
Unless you didn't care that they were hit, and then you wouldn't call them. So in effect by calling them or rushing to aid you demonstrate that you care...

nikki wrote:
People demonstrate concern for others not because they genuinely care, but because they are there at the time.

Time and place can hardly generate caring on their own, its a human trait to care and has very little to do with being there at the time. If your there at the time and something happens, and you care... then... you cared... plain and simple.

nikki wrote:
Showing compassion for someone in a time when they are down does not necessarily mean you care now does it?


Compassion - a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.

Caring (in our particular instance) - To be concerned or interested, to feel concern about.

Sound dangerously close to me. So in that sence I must disagree with you: If you have compassion for someone when they are down you in effect care that they are "down", or you would have shown no compassion in the first place no?



My example was a more extreme form of the topic at hand. What is more or less being addressed is doing things that make people feel bad or hurt and not caring. Such as driving close to a sidewalk and splashing water on some poor person walking past, and thinking it is funny. In this case the person most likely cares inside, or would care if they considered what they had just done to a human being. Typicaly the person will not think about the other person's reaction, knowing it will take the "fun" out of what they did.

However, the aspect of care is still there. As I said earlier though, it takes a backseat to ego. So the issue truely becomes not whether or not people care, it's more along the lines of people not stoping to think about what they are doing adversly effecting the other person. In this case it is true, there is no "care" involved, becuase they don't stop to think about it. They would, however, most likely care IF they stoped to think. Wink
frih
care varies from situation to situation because sometime large care becomes jail for a person. we should do everything in control manner.

regards
abhi Cool
imera
Caring for people, would that mean everyone? Well, I have some rules for my life that I follow. I care for everyone that is good and don't harm others. Why should I care much for someone that is hurting others? That dosn't care about what they do, and how others might feel. But if they need help I would help them, just that I won't think it's right anyway. I mostly like people that I know isn't stupid, stuck up, bad and so on, but I would help all. Even for what I choose to do, I think that most people is just stupid, making others feel bad because they can feel good that way. People dosn't stop and look at the day and realizing that life is good and that they are ruening it.
molif
tt means, u better start thinking about urself.. STOP caring if that person don appreaciate ur KINDNESS.. i mean, what's the point..? care for other ppl who deserves it..
windrei
you are just similar to me... i care all my people around. Sometimes even making the girls misunderstand.... um... i dont see there is a need for those whom you care to care back to you. It's not a good idea i think. If you really care of someone, you do not need him/her to care back you, right ? do you get what i mean ? you care about him/her meaning that you love them. Love should include everything, even their bad things. i know sometimes you feel quite annoyed when you balance the care you gave them and those they give you. But, is it needed ? try to open your heart and love everyone around you.
Usborne_Books
No. I do not think it is wrong. But just be prepared. If you let people in, you are bound to get hurt. Hopefully that oes not happen but it seems to no matter what.

I too care for everyone that I meet. Even those that do not like me, like an ex boyfriend and his wife and kids. I cared about them still to this day. I worry about them and I prey for them but I know that they do not like me.

Just because bad things happen, I can not seem to stop caring.

I think it is a good thing but even then, I have been hurt a lot and yet I still care.
guissmo
unknownc1c wrote:
Are we just suppost to care for our best friends and that's it?


Of course I care for other people! Not as much as those who are dear to me.

I just don't care for people who excessively annoy me. But the number of those people who excessively annoy me can be counted by fingers.
Da Rossa
unknownc1c wrote:
like the subject says, is it wrong to care for people!? Has society brain washed us all into not caring about others, or if we do care for others, it's only a select few.

I personally care for almost everyone, even most the people that dislike me, but do any of them ever care back!? no. I know sooo many people who only care about a handful of people and they care about them more than they do for people they've known for years. Is it wrong to care about people? Are we just suppost to care for our best friends and that's it?

Either my school has a bunch of stuck up snobs, or I have poor tastes in friends. It might be a little of both <_< Sometimes it just seems like i'm the only person that cares for people


It is NOT wrong caring about people. This is simple. Avoid the ones that make you feel sick or uncomfortable. Caring about others is noble. If you care about them they will care about you in a short period. If you don't care about a woman and she begins hitting on you, if you keep indifferent she will walk away. No comments about your children. No comments about your family. Care about your friends, it is worth.
agustin
MEN... Im happy to know that in this world we still having good persons like you! Of course is good to care about the other people! Nowadays the society is some kind of jungle... where each person trys to survive as an animal... they do not care about the other... they only care their family and thats it... You have to realise that we are all brothers!!! Thats is what the leaders of our world do not understand yet! And thats the ****** problem! What are we fighting for? I think thats the question.
Da Rossa
agustin wrote:
MEN... Im happy to know that in this world we still having good persons like you! Of course is good to care about the other people! Nowadays the society is some kind of jungle... where each person trys to survive as an animal... they do not care about the other... they only care their family and thats it... You have to realise that we are all brothers!!! Thats is what the leaders of our world do not understand yet! And thats the ****** problem! What are we fighting for? I think thats the question.


Very good point.
The problem is that some would say that "thinking that we're all brothers" is either being naive or it's a marijuana-junkie speech. I disagree, fortunately.
starfish2007
I care about everyone to an extent i meen i may not like everyone i dohavepeople i genraly do notlike. but if somone i do notlike was in need of help i stell help them
Karupoiss
unknownc1c wrote:
like the subject says, is it wrong to care for people!? Has society brain washed us all into not caring about others, or if we do care for others, it's only a select few.

I personally care for almost everyone, even most the people that dislike me, but do any of them ever care back!? no. I know sooo many people who only care about a handful of people and they care about them more than they do for people they've known for years. Is it wrong to care about people? Are we just suppost to care for our best friends and that's it?

Either my school has a bunch of stuck up snobs, or I have poor tastes in friends. It might be a little of both <_< Sometimes it just seems like i'm the only person that cares for people


I totally agree with you. I have the excact same feeling. I think that people should all get along. I, for excample, help almost always people with small things. Like if someones pencil falls down then I'll pick it up and give it to him/her. Or if somebody needs a book, then I get it for him/her without he/she eaven telling me to do that. I mean in school, and I don't gossip people much. I hear how people gossip eachother and it just makes me sick. I'm generally a nice person and still people don't want to communicate with me or make friends. I'm not an ugly monster or anything that and I'm not a geek also. I don't know what's wrong with me.
Bluedoll
That’s a really good question and one that I think everyone has to fight with. I think it depends on a lot of things and its not a black and white issue. Maybe its a question of how much.

Obviously, you can care more for people who care back and those that you have things in common with. To care about people in general even your enemy’s is not such a bad thing I think because it says something about the kind of person you are and better than doing the complete opposite.

Like everything in this world though it maybe all about balance and finding that balance. For me, I like and trust people until they do something to damage that and then I wouldn’t trust then anymore.

We all have to have a fair measure of empathy, compassion and care. We may need to take risks sometimes but be wise enough not to give out freely to all else get hurt by that action.
macky
sometimes it is wrong... sometimes it is not... it all defends on the person on how they are going to

accept or how can they are going to know if it is for their own sake or what...
Da Rossa
unknownc1c wrote:
like the subject says, is it wrong to care for people!? Has society brain washed us all into not caring about others, or if we do care for others, it's only a select few.

I personally care for almost everyone, even most the people that dislike me, but do any of them ever care back!? no. I know sooo many people who only care about a handful of people and they care about them more than they do for people they've known for years. Is it wrong to care about people? Are we just suppost to care for our best friends and that's it?

Either my school has a bunch of stuck up snobs, or I have poor tastes in friends. It might be a little of both <_< Sometimes it just seems like i'm the only person that cares for people


Of course it is NOT wrong caring for people! See why: talking care, why do you care if people doesn't care about you? You still have the obligation of caring for them. "Do good, no matter to whom".

Caring has its price, but turns out that you DO feel better. And you get used to it. If you ever think someone around you doesn't deserve your attention, then it's most likely because he or she has some degree of stupidity, dumbness or ignorance. You should not hate anyone, specially if the negative quality is based on ignorance regarding some fact.

Try training this for your life:

  • Remember good things others did to you;
  • Remember bad things you did to others;
  • Forget good things you did to others;
  • Forget bad things others did to you.
mukesh
imera wrote:
Caring for people, would that mean everyone? Well, I have some rules for my life that I follow. I care for everyone that is good and don't harm others. Why should I care much for someone that is hurting others? That dosn't care about what they do, and how others might feel. But if they need help I would help them, just that I won't think it's right anyway. I mostly like people that I know isn't stupid, stuck up, bad and so on, but I would help all. Even for what I choose to do, I think that most people is just stupid, making others feel bad because they can feel good that way. People dosn't stop and look at the day and realizing that life is good and that they are ruening it.


Imera i am agree to your statement. we have some rules and regulation and also depend on condition and situation if some body want to drink more and more and you always saying its bad for you but that person have no change then this situation we should to want?? help or kick this types of person????
depend on you but i must slap.
dapopeyoh
it is right to care for people. It is better to care than not to care. But I don't think it means caring for everyone. There are some people that don't need to be cared for. Everyone has enemies some enemies can be cared for, others cannot.
chatrack
Hi,

We call us a social being rather than isolated-unique creature.
We should care for other people, why people loose this habit because it is
the wrong way they are taught in their child hood.
Related topics
The Unofficial Jokes Thread
Ok a little help for a semi-beginner
Okay, I'm done trying to use CSS for layout.
What do you think about WAR of the WORLD?
Optimization is spelled wrong
12 classics comprehending :
How To : Improve Your PHP Programming
Grandma Drops Baby Off at Wrong Address
Are care and compassion dead?
Topics in the Wrong Category
Are boys always wrong?
Health Care Summit vids: Obama's struggle for bipartisanship
SOLVED: By-Pass Sony Vaio Care Rescue?
Apple Care
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.