FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DID YOU KNOW????

Will this work with other Soft Drinks?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

glenn83e
did you know....

that if you left a can of pepsi in a cupbord for about 4 years it will evaporate though the can? I saw this the other day and the can was not altered at all. I tried this myself, I found a case of pepsi that my mom had in her house since I moved out... quite funny I guess she forgot about it. I opened up the can and went poured it into the sink... only a little trickle of pepsi came out. Now I don't know if just pepsi does this but it would be pretty cool to find out.

......Now You Know
wumingsden
Pretty cool facts here about what cola cola/pepsi, etc, can do.
glenn83e
cool thanks Smile
toughtrio
Well, there are many official and unofficial facts about coca cola and pepsi. People start coming up with all such stuff after something gets really famous. Its their hateness that makes them do it, or is it simple human ideology to investigate about something gaining unusual popularity.

Imagine, who would have a Coca Cola in their cupboards for 4 whole years, instead ofcourse if you needed to prove that 'Pepsi has cans that leak, which shows its power after 4 years' Wink

No hard feelings against anyone, simple comment on such issues.

Warm Regards,
Captain Fertile
That is pretty interesting, I followed the link and enjoyed reading the many uses for coke.

Fun stuff.
ninjakannon
wumingsden wrote:
Pretty cool facts here about what cola cola/pepsi, etc, can do.

Did you go searching especially for that, wumingsden?

Wow, that's really odd! I thought that those cans were supposed to be completely sealed, airtight, so that nothing [at all] could get in or out? Was the can in perfect condition? Also, didn't you think it was a bit too light when you were carrying it before opening it to empty out into the sink?

I read a few of the things on that page wumingsden linked to and they're rather odd. It's a marvel what you can do with modern unhealthy soft drinks.

Do you know what happens if you mix Diet Coke and Mentos? Have a look at this video on YouTube if you don't. (I tried to find a better one on there but they're all pretty bad to be honest.)
Vrythramax
I think I might just drink it long before 4 years passed by Wink
wumingsden
No, a friend had some project, so i fount some sites for them. I did also find one site which claimed that some US state highwayman (I'm guessing policemen) use cola cola to remove blood-strained roads where there have been accidents. Don't know whether this is true though.
ninjakannon
wumingsden wrote:
No, a friend had some project, so i fount some sites for them. I did also find one site which claimed that some US state highwayman (I'm guessing policemen) use cola cola to remove blood-strained roads where there have been accidents. Don't know whether this is true though.

That's an interesting one. I'm sure he kept a constant supply of Coca Cola and said that it was in case he had to wash blood off the roads but really he just drank it most of the time! Razz

I wondered whether you were being really dedicated and doing some research specifically for this thread, it turns out you weren't but never mind.
goutha
maybe... but I need more evidence Smile
wumingsden
ninjakannon wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

That's an interesting one. I'm sure he kept a constant supply of Coca Cola and said that it was in case he had to wash blood off the roads but really he just drank it most of the time! Razz

I wondered whether you were being really dedicated and doing some research specifically for this thread, it turns out you weren't but never mind.

No, I'm I wasn't that dedicated. I did a quick search obviously to re-find the site, so nothing much. I don't drink cola cola, pepsi, nor any other similar drink (although once in a blue moon a may have a mouthful of Dr. Pepper, or lucozade/red bull as a pick me up, when needed).
ninjakannon
wumingsden wrote:
No, I'm I wasn't that dedicated. I did a quick search obviously to re-find the site, so nothing much. I don't drink cola cola, pepsi, nor any other similar drink (although once in a blue moon a may have a mouthful of Dr. Pepper, or lucozade/red bull as a pick me up, when needed).

Well you still did a bit of work. Razz

I don't drink fizzy drinks or anything similar to Coca Cola that often really, I've discovered that my tap water actually tastes really nice, and as a bonus it's actually good for me! I just wish more people would realise that.
I just hope there aren't too many chemicals aren't too many chemicals in my tap water. Confused
wumingsden
ninjakannon wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

Well you still did a bit of work. Razz

I don't drink fizzy drinks or anything similar to Coca Cola that often really, I've discovered that my tap water actually tastes really nice, and as a bonus it's actually good for me! I just wish more people would realise that.
I just hope there aren't too many chemicals aren't too many chemicals in my tap water. Confused

If I do drink tap water (desperate times calls for desperate measures) then I have to have it filtered. Otherwise, I drink bottled water/or hot drinks.
jongoldsz
glenn83e wrote:
did you know....

that if you left a can of pepsi in a cupbord for about 4 years it will evaporate though the can? I saw this the other day and the can was not altered at all. I tried this myself, I found a case of pepsi that my mom had in her house since I moved out... quite funny I guess she forgot about it. I opened up the can and went poured it into the sink... only a little trickle of pepsi came out. Now I don't know if just pepsi does this but it would be pretty cool to find out.

......Now You Know

This probably works for most sodas, in cans.
HoboPelican
Hmm, I wish I could have seen the can. I worked in a packaging lab for a major medical food company for many years and a big part of my job was investigating package seals and seal failure. Without seeing it first hand, I would guess that the Pepsi (highly acidic) slowly corroded the can to the point that pinhole corrosion pathways allowed the fluid to very slowly seep out and evaporate. Pretty common, really, over a period of years. An intact DNI can with a good single double seam is NOT going to have appreciable loss due to evaporation. If you have a 1/2 empty can, there has to be either a double seam defect, pinhole corrosion or a low fill weight right off the line.
HDirtwater
Quote:
This probably works for most sodas, in cans.

Also works with beer. I have a 30 year old beer can collection and only a few cans were not drank (drunk, drinked) by my father. I found one the other day that was only half full despite never being opened.
ninjakannon
HDirtwater wrote:
drank (drunk, drinked)

You know I read that and thought "drunk", but now I'm really confused, like I've forgotten how to use the words. I'm not actually sure which word you should use there so I resort to suggest you should have used "never opened" instead of "not drunk".

HoboPelican's answer seems to be most plausible, thinking about it I would have thought that is certainly what had happened.