FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

changing from a subdomain to a domain

trumnation
I want to change from a subdomain to a domain, although the domain provider says that the dns has to be setup before I apply to for the domain. Should I be applying for you to change my account from a subdomain to a domain or can I just set the domain to go to frihost's name servers and it will do it automatically?
wumingsden
trumnation wrote:
I want to change from a subdomain to a domain, although the domain provider says that the dns has to be setup before I apply to for the domain. Should I be applying for you to change my account from a subdomain to a domain or can I just set the domain to go to frihost's name servers and it will do it automatically?

hmmm, very strange method they have. You should buy the domain first, then point the domain to the nameservers ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net, then add the domain to your DirectAdmin account.
trumnation
ok, although I don't have to get you guys to change anything on your end?
Bondings
Just add the domain as an additional domain in your DirectAdmin account. Change the nameservers. Remove the additional domain and change your subdomain into your domain. You can also have a subdomain and a domain hosted and in this case, you don't need to do the last 2 sentences.