FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

More Simple Machine Forums Help

whoamifooling
When ever I try to install a package I get this

Quote:
Some of the files the package manager needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and using it to chmod or create the files and folders. Your FTP information may be temporarily cached for proper operation of the package manager.

So I login and then I get the same thing above and this

Quote:
530 Login incorrect.

Can someone help?[/quote]
wumingsden
Try again making sure you used the correct info, I believe that error appears when ftp login information is incorrect. when you login to FTP, then chmod the appropiate files/folders, or alternatively you can use your control pane (cPanel/DirectAdmin/etc,) to chmod instead.
whoamifooling
wumingsden wrote:
Try again making sure you used the correct info, I believe that error appears when ftp login information is incorrect. when you login to FTP, then chmod the appropiate files/folders, or alternatively you can use your control pane (cPanel/DirectAdmin/etc,) to chmod instead.
Thanks, it did work.
wumingsden
whoamifooling wrote:
wumingsden wrote:
Thanks, it did work.

Your welcome

-locked-