FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gears Of War

frenchy
This game is quality I recommend you buy it.
djcaution
wow I didnt know people could still post after having -54 points!
thehunterstan
This is a very amazing game. The graphics are amazing (especially on HD) and the gameplay just took my breath away. I actually played it by change on a demo at a local EB Games and even when my mom was honking outside for me to come to the car I couldn't tear my eyes away.
hardcoregamer808
Yes amazing game, a must have for all 360 owners, even though I think that everyone that has a 360 has it... Also everyone should reserve the Halo 3 beta edition of Crackdown, and the game is actually pretty good, and plus u get halo 3 beta with it!!
BiZNatch
Heh....Gears of War is a good game, but what I can't understand is how could locusts be the ones winning the war? I know this is kind of Science Fiction, but I can't imagine a war between humans and grasshopper, insect, arachnid whatever type things. Overall one of the best third person games I have ever played. Definitely recommend it to everyone that loves shooters for the 360. One more thing is the game suppose to be scary?
m_furquan36
Its a great game,i couldnt stop playing it since the day i got it and managed to finish it in 3 days Razz gonna try the coop mode with a firend of mine now might be more fun Smile
_Harley_
BiZNatch wrote:
Heh....Gears of War is a good game, but what I can't understand is how could locusts be the ones winning the war? I know this is kind of Science Fiction, but I can't imagine a war between humans and grasshopper, insect, arachnid whatever type things.

Well, although they are called Locust, it is believed they mutated humans. No one knows exactly, but what is for certain is that they are just as big and strong as humans, most of the time bigger and stronger. The story line is strange and the game doesn't tell it very well, I had to read up on it somewhere. Firstly, the game isn't even set on Earth, its on a planet similar called Sera. The planet went through a renaissance and constructed a great civilisation, until "emergence day". The game depicts the greatness of the once wonderful planet very well.

This is an absolutely superb game, there is nothing I can fault on it. I am finding it hard to believe there will be a game better than it this year (apart from Halo 3 of course!).
Zyphrius
Well...

I have yet had a chance to play this game but I would really love too..

Unfortunately it is only on the 360 and I am a Computer Gamer, so I cannot get it.

I only recently built this computer for gaming so I will not be buying a 360.

Now I heard a few months ago that Gears of War was supposed to be released for the PC, which would be amazing I would love to have that game.

But recently in the last few days I have learned that information was false, I hope this is not the case.

If any of you are computer gamers as well and want it on the PC and have heard if in fact it will be on PC please let me know. Actually thoise of you that are playing it now may be keeping up to date on it and would know if it is going to come out on PC.

Please let me know if it is or not, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you
Flakky
Gears of War is really, REALLY amazing. You can't run because you are enjoying the nice camera movement! So special.

Yeah, this is a reason to buy a 360 Razz
jay84h
I would like to know if it is true that Gears of War is NOT coming to PC? I have heard rumors say that it was coming but only in the past few days have learned that, in fact, these rumors are not true.
Flakky
jay84h wrote:
I would like to know if it is true that Gears of War is NOT coming to PC? I have heard rumors say that it was coming but only in the past few days have learned that, in fact, these rumors are not true.
What a shame, since a lot of people do not own a 360. Really a shame of them.
jay84h
Flakky wrote:
jay84h wrote:
What a shame, since a lot of people do not own a 360. Really a shame of them.

Why would I buy a 360, when they are not even advanced as the PS3 is? And for just one game? I have plenty of games on PC, and not to mention Counter-Strike, which is probably the best online multiplayer game ever made for PC or any console.
Flakky
You do not want to start another PS3 Vs. 360 discussion do you Wink
Actually, Gears of War is one of the few reasons to buy it.
DSGamer3002
GoW is DEFINITELY the best 360 game yet. When I still owned a 360 (I sold mine on eBay to buy a PS3, and now I regret it Sad) I used to play GoW so much it seemed to be as addicting as a Zelda game to me. (I'm a huge Zelda fanboy :3) Anyways, I didn't really like the single player for GoW... I only found the multiplayer worthwhile because it has more replay value.
Kitten Kong
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a PC version of Gears of War when DirectX10 comes out for Vista. There is absolutley no reason this game isn't being ported to PC except for the fact that it is published by Micro$oft and it is more desirable for them to force ppl to buy Xboxes to play their games.

If they sell a PC game then they get the money for the PC game, if they sell and Xbox game then they not only get the money from the game but more ppl buy their crappy PC in a plastic potty box.
Flakky
The more facts I hear about Micro$oft (also with a '$' sign), the more I keep asking myself why they want more power... Sad
Darius
I see many would like to see this game on PC and the good news is that it WILL appear on your monitors in this year. No quarter is specified though. Screenshots are simply incredible and i'm sure it will be a great game, too bad my computer won't be able to handle it Very Happy P.S i doubt it will be tuned to work with DX10, since they understand that not everyone will run to buy a new video card as soon as the 10th version arrives to enjoy the benefits.
Flakky
Many have to buy a new system anyway if they want a Vista.
dragonflame
I must say this game is pretty nice indeed. I hope they come out with a PC version as mouse+keybeard is much better for me for these games. Also, a split screen is not enough viewing space for me.
gerontius
i played it and didn't like it... it's the same recycled "kill, kill, kill" concept all over again. we need more games like Okami, DDR, Sid Meier's Pirates etc
mokneyman
I think this far the best game out on Xbox 360, Graphics great, Gameplay good and sound is awesome. The only problem is the fact that its getting abit old now but the developers are saying they are going to release more content [possibility of new weapons]. A great clan game also
Coclus
Yeah the game is awesome, and I know people who are totally addicted to it.. however, you need X Box live to really be able to enjoy its whole potential...
CtrlAltDeleteDie
Defiantly overhyped, but still a good game nonetheless. The single player is good for a shooter, and multiplayer is good. I prefer Rainbox Six: Vegas. That is my favorite game on x360 that I have so far. It's hard to compare it to GoW because they are totally different kinds of games.
mynameis
yep its definably i well gd game and its not really over hyped it what games should really be.. man i can't believe you sold your 360 to get ps3 now thats OVER HYPED.. but i'm not going to start a 360 v ps3 debate

Gears of war is scary in its own way i didn't feel scared playing the single player mode (with my m8 over xbox live) but playing the multilayer is pretty intense somtimes

I think you shouldn't believe what sony says about its ps3 yes for the price (which is twice the amount of a 360) you would expect I little more inside than a 360 and there is but not so that you can tell the difference..

also i don't think its possible for gears of war to come out on pc as, if you've ever played gears of war, the cover system works so seamlessly with the controller I just can't imagine playing it with a keyboard an a mouse it would honestly turn it into a fps : Confused Confused
Madoperator
Gears of War is hyped too much, there where alot of commercials and stuff. But it actually isn't that great. The SP is too short, and the sound really sucks. But the multiplayer is really one of the best, halo 2 is a bit better.
Conclusion :: Good game, SP is a bit too short, but the live function one of the best. 8/10
Archetype
I FINALLY got to get my hands on this game last week, and it was also the first time I've also played on an Xbox 360. I was very impressed to say the least. I have honestly never seen a video game look so beautiful. The textures, the effects, just everything looked amazing.

Actually, in the last 3 weeks, I've had the chance to play all 3 next gen consoles, which is funny. I played PS3 on Saturday, and was playing Resistance... Really wasn't impressed at all after playing Gears. It's just one of those games that you can't top, and you'll be pissed at anything else that doesn't even come close. Surprised

But, PS3 has potential. I give it a year.
bhzh
Gears of War is definitely the best game on the Xbox 360. It looks amazing and the online play is amazing. The only problem that I can see with the game is the glitches present during multiplayer online. The game definitely deserved the hype and more than lived up to it.
Seiji
All my friends keep mentioning this game to me. I don't have a 360 so unfortunately I won't get to play it. They need a game like this on the PS3.