FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MySQL adapter "mysql" is not available.

vickriz
Good day to all, I'm having this problem with my MySQL.
I tried to search for similar topic but no luck to find one.
This is the error:
Code:
JDatabase::getInstance: Could not connect to database
The MySQL adapter "mysql" is not available.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at C:\AppServ\www\joomla\libraries\joomla\utilities\error.php:569) in C:\AppServ\www\joomla\libraries\joomla\environment\session.php on line 358

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at C:\AppServ\www\joomla\libraries\joomla\utilities\error.php:569) in C:\AppServ\www\joomla\libraries\joomla\environment\session.php on line 358

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\AppServ\www\joomla\libraries\joomla\utilities\error.php:569) in C:\AppServ\www\joomla\libraries\joomla\environment\session.php on line 361

Even my localhost/phpMyadmin can't connect to mysql.
Code:
Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation

Im not exactly sure where instance I got this trouble or after having install and used MS Access to MySQL software. But after I used MSAccess-to-MySQL I still managed to check the successful database migration.

The mysqld-nt.exe was running. Don't know where to start to fix this, or what file should I check and I really need help(badly).
MrBlueSky
Do you use PHP5?
vickriz
MrBlueSky wrote:
Do you use PHP5?

Yes. As of the version Appserv I have installed it has apache2 and php5 package. Can you suggest any solution/work around?
MrBlueSky
The mysql extension isn't enabled by default in PHP5. See this link: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php and following the instructions under "Installation on Windows Systems".
vickriz
After I follow all the necessary instruction at the link you give me, still I can't run my MySQL.

I already put the director of my php5 extension to PATH but then I'm stuck.
System Variables:
PATH:

Code:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;E:\kriz\gaps\Program File\Quicktime\QTSystem\;C:\AppServ\php5

and
PHPRC
Code:
C:\WINDOWS

I don't have plan right now to re-install my server just need help to fix it.
rpfutrell
I was wondering if anyone has determined a solution to this problem?

I have the exact same situation trying to install joomla and cannot find the answer anywhere.

Does anyone know any possibilities?

Vista Home Premium
MySQL 5+
PHP 5.2.5
Apache 2.2.8
MySQL Admin 1.+

I've successfully installed each component and they are running b ut I get the same error when trying to perform the installation on joomla.
rvec
can you connect to some other mysql server?
try to connect to the mysql server on http://rvec.frihost.net and just use a random pass and user. If you get a warning for not having used the right pass and/or user at least you know php and the mysql extension work.