FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WEb page good design

juvenal007
look ths page http://tokyoplastic.com/
this page account with a very good design Web, this throws mainly by photoshop and a creator 3d of flash with these programs elaborated this so complete page
{name here}
No, it is a terrible example of web design. It is done completely in flash. That completely disregards search engine bots and the blind, who can't read it at all because they rely on the text. Also, it disregards those which have high resolution monitors. In all honesty, the best web designs are heavy on text, based on divs, and use CSS. It's a bonus if they're dark because they consume less screen energy.
juvenal007
it excuses, your these crazy person? or you are a novice? you watched the pagina after complete? you did click in mounstruo? you watched the done works? not... apparently better miralos before postear... those animations estan perfect
{name here}
juvenal007 wrote:
it excuses, your these crazy person? or you are a novice?

I can be classified as a novice although I've been working in web design for 2 - 3 years or so now.

Quote:
you watched the pagina after complete? you did click in mounstruo? you watched the done works?

It matters not because the entire site uses flash to layout the content. This is bad, not good.
Quote:

not... apparently better miralos before postear... those animations estan perfect

Doesn't matter. The web design is very unfriendly towards everyone except for Mac OS X and Windows users with 20/20 or slightly weaker vision.
loryl
It's an okay website. It's pretty and well done, but the dude with the pink fro scares me. The crisp blue and magent colors do clash a bit. There are a few problems with mouseovers.

It kinda sucks that it's all in Flash... BUT the the targeted audience, those interested in buying the latest cell phone and gadgets, are going to be a bit more technologically savvy than the general population. They will most likely have Flash installed. They'll also probably be able to see, because the phone has graphics/games on it. Thus, you can be a bit more lenient in incorporating technology to this site. Sucks to be a search engine, though!

I'm not sure if I agree with a dark website being good. It's hard on the eyes.

Good websites aren't necessarily heavy on text. I like to keep my text fairly short, because anything after the first unscrolled page won't be read unless the user is very interested.

... I just looked at the rest of it. It's in japanese, so I can't comprehend the navigation system. The Flash animation though, is superbly done! It's a portfolio; it's a showing of what the web designer CAN do. I think most Flash web designers using Flash or Flash hybrid websites. No biggie.
AmzLangers
Name here i know that this persons your new and all. But don't you think that you were being a little harsh, the persons probobly new... UN LIKE YOU....
I am new and if i could do something like that i would be pritty d*mn Prowd of my self.

Keep up the good work, may need some simple tweeking and maybe a bit of a light color background and it would look neat, Um just change the pink... and wat the person above me said it's a little creepy. ;P
{name here}
loryl wrote:
It's an okay website. It's pretty and well done, but the dude with the pink fro scares me. The crisp blue and magent colors do clash a bit. There are a few problems with mouseovers.

It kinda sucks that it's all in Flash... BUT the the targeted audience, those interested in buying the latest cell phone and gadgets, are going to be a bit more technologically savvy than the general population. They will most likely have Flash installed.

Flash is installed by default on every Windows computer. Also keep in mind that many Linux users refuse to install flash because it is not free software.

Quote:

I'm not sure if I agree with a dark website being good. It's hard on the eyes.

Okay. Do this: tonight pull up google, but turn off all the lights so the only light source you can see is the monitor, and maybe the computer's on light. Then pull up a site with a dark design like maddox.xmission.com. Notice the white design hurts your eyes similar to a light bulb when staring directly at it.

Quote:
Good websites aren't necessarily heavy on text. I like to keep my text fairly short, because anything after the first unscrolled page won't be read unless the user is very interested.

Websites that rely solely on HTML and CSS(text) end up much more friendly towards the blind and web crawlers, both of whom cannot read flash content because it is a binary format(this means you're certainly not going to get your site tops on search engines unless you type your URL directly) embedded into the web page. Also, what is the point of a web site? To inform, to give content. If you just have a good web design but a web page that is just void of content, then what is the point of inserting your web page into the "tubes of the internet"?

Quote:
Name here i know that this persons your new and all. But don't you think that you were being a little harsh, the persons probobly new... UN LIKE YOU....

Harsh would be if I said DIE IN A FIRE UR WEB DESIGN SUX. The design looks good. However in a real world setting where flash is really only practical for inserting a little spice into a primarily textual web design and flash games it pretty much stinks because it does things that flash was never meant to do - create an entire web design.
Scorpio
Quote:
Okay. Do this: tonight pull up google, but turn off all the lights so the only light source you can see is the monitor, and maybe the computer's on light. Then pull up a site with a dark design like maddox.xmission.com. Notice the white design hurts your eyes similar to a light bulb when staring directly at it

This, I am sure is perfectly true. I looked at maddox's site a few days ago and even in broad daylight, my eyes were flashing for a few minutes after I turned away from the site.

And also, I am inclined to agree with everything namehere said, simply because it is true.
Dragate
Okay, the splash page is horribly done on the basis of web design. There's nothing, and it's just really, really random.

The actually site, when you enter in is just a bunch of freaky animations with like no info.

Obviously the person who made this webiste is just a flash addict and the company hired him becuase he was so good at him, bu the company leaders who hired him no little about websites.

It takes quite a while to load up, not very good on the learnability basis and is just, too much animation. So much so that it's hard to get to the point of the webiste.

It's cool and all, but not good for the situation.
MrBlueSky
And now were going to call every television show bad because it is not suited for people with bad sight? Or books?

(BTW, as far as I know a Flash-plugin is just as free on linux as it is on windows. Maybe some Linux-advocates will not install it because it is not open source. Even they can see flash-sites using open source alternatives like gnash)
Donutey
MrBlueSky wrote:
And now were going to call every television show bad because it is not suited for people with bad sight? Or books?

(BTW, as far as I know a Flash-plugin is just as free on linux as it is on windows. Maybe some Linux-advocates will not install it because it is not open source. Even they can see flash-sites using open source alternatives like gnash)

There's no flash for 64 bit linux.
MrBlueSky
Donutey wrote:

There's no flash for 64 bit linux.

http://gnash.lulu.com/?q=node/17 Very Happy (but it's a alpha release)
{name here}
MrBlueSky wrote:

Free as in freedom, not free beer.