FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

workmanart is online :)

kerryworkman
Original Posting:
Quote:
This website is an online portfolio of my art and graphic design work. Please check it out if you have time and let me know what you think, suggestions are always welcome.

I have completely redesigned my website for the third or fourth time now, and I am looking for some feedback. I would like to start out by saying that webdesign is not one of my strengths, and I am primarily looking for feedback on my graphic design pieces in the portfolio. However, if you have any critiques or comments I am happy always to hear others imput, posative and negative.

http://www.workmanart.frih.net

I also have a very basic display with some of my artwork here, no real design, just samples of my work.

http://www.art.workmanart.frih.net[/quote]
ncwdavid
Well first give it a proper title instead of untitled document, i thought some of the text was hard to read, in my opnion it would look nicer without the scroll bar thing. just so nice css rollever buttons.
kerryworkman
ncwdavid wrote:
Well first give it a proper title instead of untitled document, i thought some of the text was hard to read, in my opnion it would look nicer without the scroll bar thing. just so nice css rollever buttons.

As for the text I noticed that as well, I had a last minute problem that I am trying to resolve. Thank you, for taking the time to look it over and for your feedback.
the6thfactor
Great look, I like the feel of the site with the font you chose.

However, I would definitely recommend getting rid of the frame. The scrollbar just sticks out like a sore thumb, kind of ruins the flow you had going.

Other then that, off to a great start Smile
GB
I would re-consider the navigation of your portfolio. This, I imagine, is the centerpiece of your site and should get top billing. For example, instead of the rollover effect for each of your designs, I would make it so that you can click on the object to see a design up close. Also, I would just put one of any one project in the portfolio. For example, I found 3 different logos for Dionne. I'd pick just one.

Also, watch your page titles. The page for logos has the name "Untitled Document." Not good for search engines or for people wanting to know what it is in their lists of tabs. Not only that, but the larger versions are quite pixelated.

Hope this helps!
plato
Cool work man, I like it
kerryworkman
the6thfactor wrote:
Great look, I like the feel of the site with the font you chose.

However, I would definitely recommend getting rid of the frame. The scrollbar just sticks out like a sore thumb, kind of ruins the flow you had going.

Other then that, off to a great start Smile

Thanks for your feed back. It seems that everyone shares your opinion about the frames, looks like I have a slight rework to do. I didn't see it at first becuase I designed it, but it is pretty obvious now. I probably wont have time until this weekend to fix it but after that mabye you could take another look. Thanks again. Smile
kerryworkman
GB wrote:
I would re-consider the navigation of your portfolio. This, I imagine, is the centerpiece of your site and should get top billing. For example, instead of the rollover effect for each of your designs, I would make it so that you can click on the object to see a design up close. Also, I would just put one of any one project in the portfolio. For example, I found 3 different logos for Dionne. I'd pick just one.

Also, watch your page titles. The page for logos has the name "Untitled Document." Not good for search engines or for people wanting to know what it is in their lists of tabs. Not only that, but the larger versions are quite pixelated.

Hope this helps!

First off any and all imput helps even the things I don't use, I always appreciate others opinions. As for your comments I definately need to fix the page titles that was just me being in a hurry and forgetting some of the the small stuff. I also agree with your suggestion to make each image clickable to see more detail. The reason I went with the rollover was to allow viewers to experience a large amount of stuff in the simplest/fastest way possible, so they can get an overview of my work without having to spend alot of time clicking and waiting for the image to load. Ease of navigation and access to the artwork was my main goal. Finally as for the duplicate images with slight variations I also agree I will probably take them out and replace them with different images when I get the time.

Thanks again for taking the time to check my website out and provide feedback.

plato wrote:
Cool work man, I like it

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look, I am glad you enjoyed it.
kerryworkman
Looking for new critique, anyone interested?