FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any ladies here?

conrutr
Sorry guys, just think there might be more ladies with good answers to
this one.

The draw string on my sweat pants came out during the last wash. What
is a good method for putting it back?
David_Pardy
When I was younger I was told you use a safety pin to push it a small distance into the opening, then you 'pull and draw' the pants to get it the whole length through.
Vrythramax
Oh this is just fruitless....one of the greatest posters was a woman, Her Nick was The Philosopher Princess.....and I will personally donate 1,000FRHI$ to anyone who can get to her to come back....but it must be proven, she has knowledge only her and I know. (Nothing sexual for all you pervs in the crowd.) There are many women here...one that comes to mind is ThornsofSorrow....Intelligent, articulate and isn't afraid to speak her mind.

btw the way thorns....I don't sing anymore....I lost my joy Sad

Please come back Princess! Crying or Very sad

-locked- as crap.....but the offer remains....just have her pm me, she will know what to say.
HoboPelican
David_Pardy wrote:
When I was younger I was told you use a safety pin to push it a small distance into the opening, then you 'pull and draw' the pants to get it the whole length through.

I'm unlocking this to offer another suggestion and open it up to girls OR guys. The saftey pin works, but I am pretty klutzy and the pin can be a little hard to work with. I use a longer object like a pen with a pocket clip(take teh cartridge out, to avoid ink stains). Tie a thin string around the pen clip and thread teh pen through the pants. Then tie the cord to the string and just pull it through.

Any other ideas? Male or Female?Wink
meet in rio
When the string came out of my bikini top, I sewed thread onto the end of it, twisted the thread several times around the end of a knitting needle (with a stopper at one end, of course), tied it off and then threaded that through the channel. It required a little more effort than using a safely pin, but the length and smoothness of the knitting needle made it easy to push through.

To be honest, HoboPelican's and David_Pady's suggestions sound much better and simpler.

Or you could try a biro lid (one with a hole in the top) if the cord is thin enough: thread it through the pen lid, tie a knot in the end to stop it from coming back through and then thread the pen lid round.
HoboPelican
meet in rio wrote:
Or you could try a biro lid (one with a hole in the top) if the cord is thin enough: thread it through the pen lid, tie a knot in the end to stop it from coming back through and then thread the pen lid round.

That sounds pretty good, also. But let me add, for any fellow Americans who don't know what a brio is, that a brio is pen. I guess the brand Brio is similar to Bic in the states. I spent an entertaining 5 minutes figuring that out on a business trip once.
FaLLeN
Ive always been told to use the safety pin and do the push-pull kind of thing to get i through.

Btw, im not having a go at you or anything HoboPelican, but it is a biro...not brio, cant have our trusting frihost people going misinformed now can we Smile
HoboPelican
FaLLeN wrote:
Ive always been told to use the safety pin and do the push-pull kind of thing to get i through.

Btw, im not having a go at you or anything HoboPelican, but it is a biro...not brio, cant have our trusting frihost people going misinformed now can we Smile

Thanks for the correction! Nothing like trying to help and then mucking it up!
riv_
Very Happy Very Happy I have to say, this isn't what i was wxpecting when I wandered in here!
You know, I always did the safety pin thing, and I've also used a pen. ut I'm a wee bit clumsy. So at our house, my husband rethreads the strings, and I replace the lightbulbs!!! Laughing
Soulfire
The safety pin thing works for me, just go at it for awhile.
Vrythramax
conrutr wrote:
Sorry guys, just think there might be more ladies with good answers to
this one.

The draw string on my sweat pants came out during the last wash. What
is a good method for putting it back?

Now this is enough....may I now close the topic massah hobopelican?

-locked- for the spam I thought.

How's Kats these days "brother"?