FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Tyra Banks gone nuts?





conrutr
Tyra Banks has gotten very fat recently. After a lot of recent media
attention to her weight problem she decided to do a show on the subject.
Her insane explanation is that she deliberately got fat to help
anorexics. She thinks if she becomes overweight then models and young
ladies will follow her into porkyness.
She's nuts. Obesity and anorexia are both unhealthy.

Will somebody tell Tyra that she:
1. Is fat because she is putting to much damn food in her hog mouth.
Stop trying to justify it as being a hero for anorexia.
It would be just as insane to become an alcoholic and crash your car to
discourage others from drinking.
2. She is in no position to give out psychological advice on her show if
she cant even stop shoving food in her mouth.
She is not a therapist. She is no more qualified to give out advice on
her show than Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan.
3. She did not retire from modeling. Her agent fired her because she was
to fat to continue.
4. She became famous because she was thin with big boobs. Now that she
no longer has that her career is over. Time for her to sit down, shut up
and go away.
eday2010
I'd hardly call her fat. She's probably a normal healthy weight now instead of being skinny like a twig as everyone is used to seeing her.

So because she's not a toothpick anymore, she's suddenly fat? Her picture on the cover of People does not show her as being fat. She's average, and probably healthy.

People who think she is fat have a twisted view on society. Besides, who the f*ck cares? People who follow celebrity gossip and tabloids are VERY lame.
Chalchihuitlicue
I've noticed this kind of view online a lot... Everyone is overly critical of any woman who weighs more than, say, 100 pounds. It is not a crime to eat and be healthy, even if it means that you have some fat on you. It is not a requirement of beauty that the body be shrunken and malnurished. Sure, there are some women who are naturally very thin and tiny, and more power to them. But it is not within anyone's rights to criticise a beautiful and healthy woman for being exactly what she is - healthy.

There is a good reason that a healthy body mass index has a range of values. There is more than one ideal body type, and there are a range of weights at which you can be healthy. There is no "health and beauty law" that says you can't be healthy and thin if you weigh more than 100 pounds.

I once saw a really dumb person say that it's healthier to be 5'6" and weigh 95 pounds than to be the same height and weigh 135 pounds. However, if the person weighed 95 pounds, there's a good chance they'd be dead, as that's a BMI of about 15... Whereas 18 is considered underweight. The BMI of a person of 5'6" weighing 135 would be around 21 or 22, which is normal and healthy. Now, be honest, which would be more beautiful? A woman who looks like she takes care of herself, or a starved, twiggy, malnurished girl weighing forty pounds less?

To be honest, I don't even know what Tyra looks like now, nor do I especially care. I just say more power to her for fighting the stereotype of anorexic, skeletally thin models. The kind of thinking that inpsired the original post in this thread needs to end.

This has got me wondering, though, if the problem isn't more that people have no ability to judge someone's weight by looking at them, and see someone who weighs 120 and automatically assume they weigh 90 or 100 pounds instead. Or, perhaps just a large portion of society has a hidden anorexia fetish :X
djcaution
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
omg that's funny she is totally going nuts. watch this
truespeed
Can someone post a recent pic of her,to see if shes fat? what your average person calls fat and what modelling agents call fat are i suspect, two different things.
TruPain
I think this just goes to show us that too many people seem to think that beauty is on the cover of a magazine... Thanks to the people and the magazines... too many women think that they need to be skinny to be beautiful... and many times, this act becomes unhealthy, but hey... who is to blame? The woman who wants to be someone or the society that made her think that she needed to be this way to become someone?
David_Pardy
Chalchihuitlicue wrote:
I've noticed this kind of view online a lot... Everyone is overly critical of any woman who weighs more than, say, 100 pounds. It is not a crime to eat and be healthy, even if it means that you have some fat on you. It is not a requirement of beauty that the body be shrunken and malnurished. Sure, there are some women who are naturally very thin and tiny, and more power to them. But it is not within anyone's rights to criticise a beautiful and healthy woman for being exactly what she is - healthy.

There is a good reason that a healthy body mass index has a range of values. There is more than one ideal body type, and there are a range of weights at which you can be healthy. There is no "health and beauty law" that says you can't be healthy and thin if you weigh more than 100 pounds.

I once saw a really dumb person say that it's healthier to be 5'6" and weigh 95 pounds than to be the same height and weigh 135 pounds. However, if the person weighed 95 pounds, there's a good chance they'd be dead, as that's a BMI of about 15... Whereas 18 is considered underweight. The BMI of a person of 5'6" weighing 135 would be around 21 or 22, which is normal and healthy. Now, be honest, which would be more beautiful? A woman who looks like she takes care of herself, or a starved, twiggy, malnurished girl weighing forty pounds less?

To be honest, I don't even know what Tyra looks like now, nor do I especially care. I just say more power to her for fighting the stereotype of anorexic, skeletally thin models. The kind of thinking that inpsired the original post in this thread needs to end.

This has got me wondering, though, if the problem isn't more that people have no ability to judge someone's weight by looking at them, and see someone who weighs 120 and automatically assume they weigh 90 or 100 pounds instead. Or, perhaps just a large portion of society has a hidden anorexia fetish :X



BMI measurements are to be used for sedentary people who perform very little physical activity. They are not meant to be used for people who are active. According to my BMI, I'm overweight, and that's laughable.


I saw a clip of Tyra Banks on TV having a go at the Australian gossip magazines for making a big deal about her gain of weight. I can bet you she wouldn't say squat if they were poking fun at someone else's weight like they do all the time - it's only when she's in the spotlight that she actually says anything.

Besides, I don't see how people can visit her show or even watch it. That woman has one of the most annoying voices in the history of annoying American TV shows I refuse to watch.
icon
djcaution wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
omg that's funny she is totally going nuts. watch this


:LOL: that IS hilarious!

I like Tyra a lot, I think she's got a great personality and a great body, though her hosting skills could use a lot of work. Rolling Eyes Heheh. But this latest "gimmick" (and I think it's only right to call it that) probably does not have the right effect... I think she has the best intentions at heart, but doing does not guarantee that girls WILL follow her example.

It's weird, though, because people keep saying America is getting fatter, yet an equally alarming ratio is the number of anorexic women. Shocked

Besides, I agree with what the earlier posters said about her weight -- she's too thin anyway, so "fat" for her is just "normal" weight. :p
gtherockgod
Threadstarter, you're a moron. She's hardly fat, she's HEALTHY. She's not being some sort of "hero" for anorexics, she's sticking up for women against people like YOU who think anything other than disgustingly skinny is fat. The pressure society and media put on girls isn't fair to them.
Babsta
True.
I don't know why you guys are saying she is fat. She's not. She's not even a little chubby. Plain healthy.
reddishblue
People like the thread starter make me sick, a girl should be a normal weight and look healthy and vibrant, and if she is chubby, that does not mean she cannot be beautiful, toothpick weight does not attract me...at all.
niffer


how can you say this is fat? this is beautiful. tyra banks will always be a beautiful woman, almost no matter what weight she is. and even if she *does* actually gain ANOTHER 30 pounds and becomes -really- fat, then she'll be that most beautiful fat person ever! :0
niffer
Quote:

contrir:
Will somebody tell Tyra that she:
1. Is fat because she is putting to much damn food in her hog mouth.


you're an assh*le by the way :)
seanooi
niffer wrote:


how can you say this is fat? this is beautiful. tyra banks will always be a beautiful woman, almost no matter what weight she is. and even if she *does* actually gain ANOTHER 30 pounds and becomes -really- fat, then she'll be that most beautiful fat person ever! :0


If this is fat, then I really don't know what to call my cousin. She's about 150KG Shocked
Chalchihuitlicue
niffer wrote:
how can you say this is fat? this is beautiful.


I agree. Until you posted that, I still hadn't seen a picture of how she looks now. She's well proportioned, and hardly what I would call fat. She really has a beautiful body. The people who say that she's fat really need to rework how they think.
scimitarmoon
o.O That looks roughly like my body type. Guess I'm fat and better go start starving myself. lol. The people that think that's fat and ugly really need to re-evaluate their opinions, because right now you guys sound like idiots. Laughing
achowles
Is that seriously supposed to be fat?
You're warped, brainwashed and seriously need psychological help if you're in any one way serious about this.
HoboPelican
Open warning to all: This topic is generating a little too much animosity.
When posting, please remember the FRIHost rules:

Quote:
1. C Posts, ... must not degrade, insult or disrespect other users or groups of people.

1. D Posts... must not harass other users or groups of people.

1. F Posts... must not contain flame bait or anything encouraging another user to break the rules.


Let's keep this civil and avoid any further name calling.
Vrythramax
seanooi wrote:
niffer wrote:


how can you say this is fat? this is beautiful. tyra banks will always be a beautiful woman, almost no matter what weight she is. and even if she *does* actually gain ANOTHER 30 pounds and becomes -really- fat, then she'll be that most beautiful fat person ever! :0


If this is fat, then I really don't know what to call my cousin. She's about 150KG Shocked


It's not actually being "fat", it has to with the perception that one is fat. People have gone to thru great (hurts) of their bodies to make them more appealing to others. The "briddle was one, as was the bussel. (sp?)

This is not a sexual remark, simply a historical proven fact.

*I just had to add that picture* Twisted Evil
Trog
I think you were referring to the 'bustle' which was an additional undergarment designed to extend the curve of the buttocks from the base of the spine...it was not painful to wear, merely awkward. But on other fronts you are correct. Up until the early 20th century it was common for chinese girls to have their feet 'boxed' to ensure they stayed small. Masaii women added copper collars to extend their necks (Although this is apparnetly not that painful either). Corsetry is the most common hardship women underwent to 're-shape' their figures.

Mythical stories tell of the Amazon women of Greek legend searing one breast off to allow them to fire a bow more freely.

This last one is more about perception. It wasn't an aesthetic change, but nevertheless it was done because it was regarded as practical and was expected of young women.

The size of a person can make them seem less or more attractive, but I believe that everyone has a 'natural' size that suits them best. My fiancee is 'cuddly' and that's the way I'd like her to stay...but if she were to lose a ton of weight I'd not stop loving her.

Physical beauty is defined by the media and by our peers. A gimmick doesn't help promote a shape any more than a 'plump' beauty pagent, or an 'Anorexic miss world' would.
Vrythramax
Trog wrote:
I think you were referring to the 'bustle' which was an additional undergarment designed to extend the curve of the buttocks from the base of the spine...it was not painful to wear, merely awkward. But on other fronts you are correct. Up until the early 20th century it was common for chinese girls to have their feet 'boxed' to ensure they stayed small. Masaii women added copper collars to extend their necks (Although this is apparnetly not that painful either). Corsetry is the most common hardship women underwent to 're-shape' their figures.

Mythical stories tell of the Amazon women of Greek legend searing one breast off to allow them to fire a bow more freely.

This last one is more about perception. It wasn't an aesthetic change, but nevertheless it was done because it was regarded as practical and was expected of young women.

The size of a person can make them seem less or more attractive, but I believe that everyone has a 'natural' size that suits them best. My fiancee is 'cuddly' and that's the way I'd like her to stay...but if she were to lose a ton of weight I'd not stop loving her.

Physical beauty is defined by the media and by our peers. A gimmick doesn't help promote a shape any more than a 'plump' beauty pagent, or an 'Anorexic miss world' would.


Ypu are ecaxtly correct Trog. women have been shaping themselves to a single mans standards for way too long.

WAKE UP LADIES!!!

IMO, it's not on whats the outside that counts.....now love......that's another story. Very Happy
Captain Fertile
I think she looks great.

I can’t stand the way the media, particularly tabloids and gossips magazines, splash it across the front cover when some celebrity has an eating disorder and is painfully thin and then a couple of months later they publicly humiliate the same celebrity when they approach anything like a normal, beautiful curvaceous figure – accusing them of being fat, podgy, piggy or any other derisory and hurtful name they can find to ridicule the particular victim ‘de jour’.

A woman should be curvaceous and vivacious. When they sit in the bath they should be sitting on flesh and not on a sponge to stop them getting bruises from sitting on their own almost bare bones!!!

Nothing better on a winter night than snuggling into a real healthy woman rather than lying in bed trying not to snap the bag of twigs you caress when you date a trendy model.
Yantaal
ami fat?

i am 5"10ish

and weight exact 10stones

i think i am perfect and maybe a little skinny, but i weight exact what i should, is that bad intodays society,maybe i should only weigh 8 stone and be see through.
java_nel
no, tyra is perfectly sexy!
mialynavahy
she is not fat, she is beautiful, before and after...
Liu
from the pictures, that's considered fat?

the original poster needs to reevaluate his/her values.
Vrythramax
Who really cares? If she laid off the snackfoods she would still be prime....to some eyes.

Maybe it's a tribute to Anna Nicole Smith.
truespeed


This is Tyra banks photographed 3 days ago,she looks good to me,in no way could she be described as fat.
OutlawSpirit
truespeed wrote:


This is Tyra banks photographed 3 days ago,she looks good to me,in no way could she be described as fat.


na lol.. she aint got no weight... she lookin good 2 me, i didnt even know who she was - but she sexy 4 sho
asim
truespeed wrote:


This is Tyra banks photographed 3 days ago,she looks good to me,in no way could she be described as fat.


she looks gr8 to me aswell.. and i am a fan of her.... i mean what you talking about.. i am a fan of her body.. the way she maintain... and its good to see her in such a good shape... Tyra are you listening "I Love you" Muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
wumingsden
conrutr, I don't know how you dare to be this insulting.

This thread is now -locked-

As from a personal point of view, I admire Tyra Banks a little. She shows girls that you don't have to be anorexic to be pretty, or to be a model, or to be successful in general. She also shows the media that she's not scared of changing the viewpoint of the "perfect size zero". Note that I myself am size zero but am not in a position to show young girls or other young boys that its completely fine, and normal. Sometimes it can be extremely dangerous.
Related topics
Ian M. Banks Books
Painter snacks daily on snakes - Eye on Guinness record
MY Security Wall Gone
If WWII had been an online Real Time Strategy Game
Gone o_O
Supermodels
who is hungry?
racism
Aishwarya Rai into Bachchan's Family
Skinny Bitch diet.
Que Estas Escuchando + Letra + Video
Rage against the Machine versus X Factor (Simon Cowell)
Jeremy Lin-sanity NBA
I got married! :)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.