FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP / FileZilla problem

okullar
I read many threads about FTP and FileZilla. I tried whatever I saw but I can't resolve this problem. I use FileZilla and made unchecked the passive mode.

I can conect to the serverv but i cant upload more than a few files. Sometimes it looks like everything goes ok, but suddenly my computer crashes. I tried it on my desktop computer and also on my laptop computer. Both crashed suddenly.

I mean: everything freezes, no mouse or keyboard move can be received. My host is server 2, FileZilla version is: 2.2.29.0
I was trying to upload Drupal 5

Thank you in advance.
Animal
It's unlikely that a server issue would cause your computers to crash. I would suggest that you try downloading the newest version of Filezilla and uninstall the old version completely.

Try this first and let us know if it works.
okullar
Thank you. I will try the newest version.

I want to say this too:
I have an account on another free hosting. It works perfectly, I have never seen my computer freezes while using FTP. So I thought it could be related to server response.

I will tell more after trying new FileZilla. I hope it works.
okullar
I am very sorry about this. It crashed again... Sad

I don't know why it happens. If you don't mind: there is no FTP problem on my ej.am account. It is very bad because I don't understand what the problem is.

I am very curious if there is anyone who lives the same thing.
okullar
FileZilla says always "file elapsed" but generally nothing happens. By the way, it does not always list the directory.

When I upload my file one by one, it looks ok but I still cant understand what the problem is:(