FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mummified man found after six years....

Star Wars Fanatic
Quote:
Dwellers of an apartment building in the city of Tula, central Russia, were horrified to learn of a discovery made in one of the apartments. The mummified body of a tenant was found in a sitting position in the kitchen of his apartment. The tenant had been dead for six years.

Sourced from http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/crimes/24-01-2007/86733-mummified-0

That is just crazy, the guy is in there for six years and no one misses him. Although the article says that no one really knew him, but still, the owner didn't collect rent? And he didn't try to? That is weird...
maclui
Urban tales.
smarter
Weird tale indeed but possible in a society in transition (where things didn't settled yet) as is Russia.

What's really odd is why the neighbors didn't smell the dead body. Even a dead cat can make an apartment building uninhabitable!
Soulfire
For more "Urban tales" I'd visit Snopes.com, and it gives the following as true events that are related to this article:

Vacationing couple discovers dead body under their hotel bed:
http://snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/bodybed.asp

"Hanging Man" in funhouse turns out to be the real corpse of an outlaw:
http://snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/mccurdy.asp

Suicide by hanging is mistaken for a Halloween decoration:
http://snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/hanging.asp

For more "Gruesome Discoveries" visit:
http://snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/gruesome.asp

(The green dot next to a "urban legend" indicates it is true, white means unconfirmed (possible), and red means false).

Enjoy!
Vladalf
Scary stoory: :soock: Can't believe they didn't find him nor smell him. Confused
I hate criminals...
Tiger
Vladalf wrote:
Scary stoory: :soock: Can't believe they didn't find him nor smell him. Confused
I hate criminals...

They said the body was mummified, so that's why there was no smell when they discovered him. Maybe there was a smell when he first died, but generally people don't pay too much attention to their neighbors, and a bad small may have been ignored.

This kind of thing doesn't happen every day as far as we know, but in big cities where not too many people know their neighbors, let alone the people on the next floor, I suppose it's more than possible for things like this to happen.
desertwind
weird indeed.
yy1124
Quote:

Actually i believe this thing do happens, theres also a case in my country thats exactly the same case....but the hotel's management somehow shut the news off the media...

I knew it through some friends who happened to be there that time
Soulfire
yy1124 wrote:
Quote:

Actually i believe this thing do happens, theres also a case in my country thats exactly the same case....but the hotel's management somehow shut the news off the media...

I knew it through some friends who happened to be there that time
If you read the link I provided for that, it documents multiple cases of bodies being discovered in hotel rooms (mostly near [i.e. in or under] a bed).
nikki
After reading this I am left with so many questions.

He went missing for six years, housing management personnel would knock on his door, they got no answer for years and never investigated?

This man had a son. How many times did he try to visit? If you came to the house and you knew he was old and sickly, why didn't you ask the landlord or the police to accompany you inside?

How did the neighbor know this man died in the winter? Because the man did not mingle with them, they just shrugged and forgot about him?

If anything I think the authorities should be held responsible for this happening. For a man to just go missing for six years and nothing done to locate him or even inquire as to his location, is far by a serious case of neglect.
ahamed
very intersting ... one people is dead and the body was remain in kitchen for six years ?? ... un-beliveable ...
iNs@nE
All I can possibly think is that the owner killed the guy and locked him up on the inside and then maybe sneaked out.
But didnt any of the neighbors see it..? Maybe the killer locked him from the outside too.
Oo! Thats bad still..! How did they end up finding it now..?
Captain Fertile
An amazing story, the picture on the article web page is quite eery.

I love the Pravda website, so many unusual and interesting news stories. I had fogotten all about it until I followed your link - now it is sfaely back in my favourites where it belongs.

A good find.

Thank you for that!

I also must admit to laughing at this bit which has to be one of my all-time favourite quotes from a news story;
Quote:
People from a real estate agency tried to talk him into swapping his two-room apartment for a smaller place,,,

Hmmm, that would be a ONE room apartment then! Shocked

Or maybe they were really greedy and offering a NO room apratment, otherwise known as... ...erm... ...the gutter.

Quote:
"...He just told them to get lost...

No s*** Sherlock! I wonder why.

Its also kind of wierd how he died in that position, not laying collapsed over the table or huddled for warmth or to ease any pain. It just loos like one minute he was alive and the next he wasn't - no pain, no suprise just - PHUT!!!!