FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is Fantastico?

ysamphy
I was looking for how to set up a forum and came across with this term. I hope to get your help with this term and, if possible, with how to set up a forum. If any, something like the one in Frihost. I think it is a great forum.

I can't wait to hear from you all. Thanks in advance!

Phy Very Happy
Animal
Fantastico is an automated installer system that comes with cPanel. It is available for all users hosted on server 1.

However, since you are hosted on server 2, you do not have access to Fantastico. It is, however, very easy to install a forum on server 2 - we have an excellent step-by-step guide that will help you.
ysamphy
It was a nice tutorial! Thanks for your help! I have read it and intends to soon return and read and practice it at the same time. Again, many many thanks for all your help!
swizzy
wish we had a fantastico alternative for DA, wouldnt have wasted time on simply uploading each and every file (but thats not what i do, i tar.gz then unzip Wink )
jipmerite
What do you mean tar.gz? Can I upload a phbb installation folder afer compressing with winzip and then decompress it on the server? That will surely make it much easier.

I wish Fantastico was available on server 2
mathiaus
jipmerite wrote:
What do you mean tar.gz? Can I upload a phbb installation folder afer compressing with winzip and then decompress it on the server? That will surely make it much easier.

Follow my installation tutorial!

Auto installers are bad. One will not be added onto server 2 for the following reasons.

-close-