FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Issue during TV Recording

rvpro
Hi, I'm back again with another issue regarding MP and TV recording. I have configured TV Server and all my favorite channels and now I would like to program recording like a normal VCR. I used the advanced settings, selected the channel and configured in the TV Server setup to start 5 min befor the programmed time and stop 5 min later. At this time I don't resuminf the HTPC from sleep or Hybernation medo, just boot the PC, program and wait.... In this test I selected "recording once" and "50 min" as stopping time.

The results is a mpeg file of about 38 min

I'm wondering why 38 min and not 50 min or, as expected, 60 min....

Someone has any idea?

Thank you in advance for your support
Daniele
MeddlingMonk
Are you recording MPEG-1 or MPEG-2? Have you actually played the video right through to prove that it's just 38 minutes, not 50? Some media players (such as VLC or Cyberlink PowerDVD) get the duration horribly wrong if it's just a single MPEG-2 file that has variable bitrate. The video might actually go for the whole 50 minutes - but the player thinks it only goes for 38.

If it is actually only recording 38 minutes, then I'd suspect a problem with the software or maybe the settings. If all else fails, I'd try reinstalling (but only as a last resort, considering you've gone to all the effort of setting up your channels).