FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

AJAX, what do you use it for?

Mosquito.Tyler
I've recently completed a few tutorials on AJAX, and I think it's really neat how it works, but I can't really think of many applications for the language. I'm just curious what you all use your AJAX for, just to give me an idea of what I might be able to use it for in the future. Thanks!
wumingsden
I use AJAX for my premodded forum. Not everything is AJAX based yet, but hopefully in the future most things will be. Features include the in-line editing on posts, topic titles, and forum titles. One click locking, watching, announcing/stickying, etc, of posts. I've also nearly completed an AJAX search feature which allows the user to enter a few letters in their search, and results will then automatically appear if you stop typing for more than a few seconds. This feature is already inplemented in the finding of a username (for example, if I wanted to PM Bondings, but only remembered that his name started with a B ... or Bo .... or Bon .... I would enter this in the username box, wait a second, then all usernames with the entered usename will show up). This feature is fully implemented in the forum, including the ACP, so it's also very easy to manage users as well.
These are features that I've created for my modded forum (phpBB) so far.
deepak
1. AJAX is not a language.
2. AJAX is just like JS(Javascript) where you can load data dynamically which refreshing your page, i.e Async.

AJAX is a nice way to enhance the UI of an application for example gmail uses AJAX and its is much easier to use gmail.