FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

For Snobs and Yuppies

HDirtwater
I have created a website for us sophisticated (at least to ourselves) people out there. It is called 4Snobs and Yuppies.

While it is still in the very beginning stages, I'm hoping to get some participation eventually. Also, the theme is pretty basic, but I'm hoping to get someone way smarter than I to design a similar, but better theme for me.

Enjoy!
GB
My first impression was that there were far too many ads. Also, the organization of the site should be reworked. The name of the site isn't even on the page! Where are the headers showing sections of the website? Also, with a premise for a site like yours, you run the risk of meeting your needs rather than meeting the needs of your audience. I know the site is developing, so I'll withhold judgement until you get it up and going.
HDirtwater
Appreciate the time to say a few words.

The site came to me in a hurry and I put it up in a hurry. I didn't really plan it out like I should have. I've been trying to get it set up on paper for the last few days before I invest any more time in the site itself. The theme isn't really working, even though I like the layout. I don't find the ads too distracting, but that's why I encourage the suggestions, because as you so correctly stated, the site shouldn't be just an outlet for me, but for the audience.

Thanks again.
plato
I saw it, its not too bad!
By the way I think I'm better than everyone else.
GB
Your website is definitely is a unique idea. I think it really does have some potential, it will be interesting to see how it comes out.