FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Star Wars/Star Trek/Science Fiction Forum





Comatose
It would be pretty neat if we had a special forum geared towards Star Wars, Star Trek, and Science Fiction. It could be about movies, books, games, TV, or what have you. And I know there are areas for Movies, Literature, and Video Games, however, I have noticed quiet a few posts about these topics, and it would seem appropriate to do something about it. I understand if this idea is rejected, yet it sounds good. Razz

What do you think? Question
garionw
I think no, simply because it's a too specific topic, and we also have forums 53 now, and that a few too many IMHO


I think we'll get a game making one before this
reddishblue
Science forum, use it!
garionw
reddishblue wrote:
Science forum, use it!


Is it a science forum for experiments and white coats, or a science fiction
Scorpio
Comatose wrote:
It would be pretty neat if we had a special forum geared towards Star Wars, Star Trek, and Science Fiction. It could be about movies, books, games, TV, or what have you. And I know there are areas for Movies, Literature, and Video Games, however, I have noticed quiet a few posts about these topics, and it would seem appropriate to do something about it. I understand if this idea is rejected, yet it sounds good. Razz

What do you think? Question


I disapprove of this.

1. We have too many forums for one.
2. You can discuss about star trek and stuff in the specific forums like star trek games in the games forum and so on.
3. A sticky is more than enough for this
reddishblue
garionw wrote:
reddishblue wrote:
Science forum, use it!


Is it a science forum for experiments and white coats, or a science fiction

I can be both...
ninjakannon
Comatose wrote:
I have noticed quiet a few posts about these topics, and it would seem appropriate to do something about it.

I think that sentence rules out your whole argument.

You have noticed quite a few posts about these topics... Doesn't that mean that people already have the forums required to post in about these subjects? Yes it does! Appropriate to do something about it? Why would you want to do something about it when people are already happily posting in existing forums about these subjects?

I think this quote can be used quite well here: "don't fix it if it ain't broke", in other words: "don't add new forums if you've already got the necessary ones".

There is a huge selection of forums here and they cover every topic (as there is a General Chat forum for anything which doesn't fit into one of the other categories). Now, I haven't yet noticed an individual topic area which is large enough to have a whole forum dedicated to it. When I do that, I'll suggest it here on this forum, however the one you've come up with is hardly huge enough to have a dedicated forum about it and only it.

Do you not agree?
rekluzz
Judging by the number of replies here so far, I don't think it would be a very popular forum, so there would be no point in adding a new one.
Having said that I have to add that I love Star Trek and would enjoy the odd topic posted on this subject.
Live long and prosper!
ninjakannon
rekluzz wrote:
Having said that I have to add that I love Star Trek and would enjoy the odd topic posted on this subject.

Then go and find one of the topics which are already in existence - according to Comatose. Just because there isn't a forum on a topic doesn't mean you can't post about it, that's quite wrong in fact.
saratdear
This is a bad idea.
I am sorry to discover that *almost* everyone is giving negative responses to this thread. Star Trek is too specific a topic to ask a forum to be a made. In fact, I love Harry Potter, but I can't ask for a Harry Potter forum to include the books, the films and the games. You can post about the Books in the Books forum, movies in the Movies and Television forum, about the games in the games forum, etc.
So, at this time, this idea is not so good.
Bondings
If our community would grow a lot, then yes a science fiction forum and a Harry Potter forum would be a good idea. But currently they aren't.
saratdear
Bondings wrote:
If our community would grow a lot, then yes a science fiction forum and a Harry Potter forum would be a good idea. But currently they aren't.


That would almost be too good to be true! :waiting expectantly for a harry potter forum:
But I suppose, to have too specific forums, like that, Frihost would have to grow a lot and have lots of members. And, we already have a lot of forums, so adding new forums will stretch the forums page even further.
I think the conversation is going a bit off-topic. Embarassed
Anyway, Comatose, if this is going to get implemented, it will probably take a long time.
Bondings
By the way, about the Harry Potter thing, did you know that we probably hosted/host over 20 websites about Harry Potter? So I guess there would be quite some interested people.
saratdear
Bondings wrote:
By the way, about the Harry Potter thing, did you know that we probably hosted/host over 20 websites about Harry Potter? So I guess there would be quite some interested people.


20? I never knew that? I knew there were some, of course, but not 20. I suppose quite a lot of people are interested in Harry Potter, judging by the no. of threads about it in the Literature forums.

BTW Bondings, would you be as kind to tell us when the changes for Frihost, (new server, frih$ shop, new layout etc) are about to come? Atleast in 1 year? Just curious...

So, about Star Wars forum has a chance to be created when the Frihost community becomes huge, I suppose.
Comatose
Thanks for all your input guys. I guess it would be a waste to make a specific forum for Star Wars/Star Trek, but it was just a thought anyway. Wink Who knows what the future holds though.
Bondings
saratdear wrote:
BTW Bondings, would you be as kind to tell us when the changes for Frihost, (new server, frih$ shop, new layout etc) are about to come? Atleast in 1 year? Just curious...

I'll start to work on a lot of new features real soon. Server changes might also be coming.
Marston
Laughing I seem to remember a certian "happy new year" topic...


I understand that Bondings has a life outside of FriHost, but Laughing all the same.
reddishblue
lol half never happened [/spam]
Bondings
Marston wrote:
Laughing I seem to remember a certian "happy new year" topic...


I understand that Bondings has a life outside of FriHost, but Laughing all the same.

That was only a small part of the things I planned for 2006. And most of the things that didn't happen are still planned, just maybe a bit changed.
Scorpio
Comatose wrote:
Thanks for all your input guys. I guess it would be a waste to make a specific forum for Star Wars/Star Trek, but it was just a thought anyway. Wink Who knows what the future holds though.


Since the thread creator feels that way, I would request that this thread be shut to prevent inappropriate replies
Marston
Bondings wrote:
Marston wrote:
Laughing I seem to remember a certian "happy new year" topic...


I understand that Bondings has a life outside of FriHost, but Laughing all the same.

That was only a small part of the things I planned for 2006. And most of the things that didn't happen are still planned, just maybe a bit changed.
Wink I wasn't being critical or anything.
mathiaus
Bondings wrote:
If our community would grow a lot, then yes a science fiction forum and a Harry Potter forum would be a good idea. But currently they aren't.

Until that time ....
-close-
Related topics
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.