FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hard Trance (Or any Trance)

Do you like Trance or another form of Dance music?
Yes
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

Comatose
I personally love Hard Trance. Who else here can't stand not to listen to it? The tracks I get from http://music.download.com (CNET - Legal) are awesome. The tracks are so uplifting and stress releasing, and I feel as if I can just fall into them and stay there forever. Wink I currently have about 60 tracks on my MP3 player, and upload more and more. Anyway, anyone else here love Trance or any Dance music of any kind as much as I do? Feel free to share your opinions. Very Happy
pudovkin
Nope. Neither psy or related sound genres.
Chillout, ambient and lounge are closer to my style... Wink
Lady Elensar
I like trance and hardtrance. Vocal and progressive trance I don't like that much. Euro- and techtrance are also nice. Eurotrance because of de hardstyle and happy hardcore melodies in it I think Very Happy
Chalchihuitlicue
I can't say I know overly much about Trance music, just that I sometimes like it and I sometimes don't, it all depends on the song. If it's one that sounds pretty much the same, and is soft and boring and goes on for, say, more than an hour, I'm not likely to like it very much. If it's got some variety to its sound, then chances are I'll like it regardless of length.
TomS
Again and again I just can say that Trance is the best music on earth.
I think I like it so much, because I can listen to it in any mood.
If I'm angry the quick beats of the bassdrum are the right thing to abreact.
If I'm feeling lucky and wanna party most of the tracks are so uplifting, they make me wanna dance and never stop. If I'm sad or so the warm sounds of leads and strings are mirroring my feelings.
So. Nothing above trance.

greetz, TomS
Comatose
Quote:
If it's one that sounds pretty much the same, and is soft and boring and goes on for, say, more than an hour, I'm not likely to like it very much. If it's got some variety to its sound, then chances are I'll like it regardless of length.

I understand where you are coming from. Most tracks are around 5-8 minutes in length though.

Quote:
Again and again I just can say that Trance is the best music on earth.
I think I like it so much, because I can listen to it in any mood.
If I'm angry the quick beats of the bassdrum are the right thing to abreact.
If I'm feeling lucky and wanna party most of the tracks are so uplifting, they make me wanna dance and never stop. If I'm sad or so the warm sounds of leads and strings are mirroring my feelings.
So. Nothing above trance.

This is exactly how to sum up the feeling! It's the perfect music for any mood. Wink

Thanks for the great posts guys. Cool
trumnation
Trance is great because it isn't your run-of-the-mill music. It runs alot on emotion with interesting beats and melodies. I have come to think that everyone can relate with a song, but everyone likes trance for different reasons, like if they like it fast and hard or slow and soft, etc.
Chalchihuitlicue
Comatose wrote:
I understand where you are coming from. Most tracks are around 5-8 minutes in length though.

Yeah, I've noticed that. Some of the first trance stuff that I heard, though, was quite old, and a couple of the tracks were really slow and repetetive and were about 20 minutes long. It almost hurt me to make myself listen to them all the way through... always with the vain hope that it would change and be more interesting.
Comatose
Chalchihuitlicue wrote:
Comatose wrote:

Yeah, I've noticed that. Some of the first trance stuff that I heard, though, was quite old, and a couple of the tracks were really slow and repetetive and were about 20 minutes long. It almost hurt me to make myself listen to them all the way through... always with the vain hope that it would change and be more interesting.

Ah, but now... I smile just thinking of trance. It's certainly has gained popularity in other countries. I think Germany is a good example. Though, they may never haven't been interested in trance. Smile I suggest you check out music.download.com for some free, legal tracks provided by CNET.
saeleyjnr
oh god, most possibly the worst and most annoying musical genre there is.
Comatose
saeleyjnr wrote:
oh god, most possibly the worst and most annoying musical genre there is.

Shocked May God strike you down for your blasphemey! Razz But seriously anyone is entitled to their opinion... What exactly makes it annoying to you?
Josso
Hmm, only going into the sub-genres such as the Infected Mushroom area (psy-trance?). By the way "another form of dance music" is hugely vague considering dance music in itself covers more than just the whole genre and sub-genres of "electronic".
FireFoxDB
I only like Armin Van Buuren. And guess what, I just got a free signed cd because some family of mine travels with that guy every where. Very Happy.
trumnation
Whoa you got a signed CD for free?!? Awesome can you get me one? haha. Armin Van Buuren is one of my favorite DJs, Hes finally coming to town in a couple of months and I can't wait to go see him.

I gotta agree with Chalchihuitlicue though, alot of the old stuff was really repetitive and didn't have much of a melody or 'feel' to it.