FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


First Moon Landing Is A Fake?





theem
Have you ever watched the original movie of the landing? When armstrong jumps out if his shuttle, he fastly falls to the ground. Hello, there are a really low gravity up there! The flag. It's not standing still. It lokks like it's wind there. Wich it isn't. And several people says they have seen a place out in the deser looking just like the place in the 'faked?' moonlanding.

Here is a movie when they where recording the fake: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6...nding&hl=en


Laughing Laughing Laughing
j_f_k
saw a documentary giving doog reasons why the LL was not fake, dont remember most of the details unfortunately but they debunked all the popular reasons that have been touted.

However, for the flag, what you;ve got to remeber is that, yes there is no wind, and what that means is no wind resistence.

When the flag was put into the ground, it was twisted to get purchase. This twisting motion set the flag fluttering. because of the lack of atmosphere, there is nothing to stop a fluttering flag from slowing down, so this is why the flag was moving.
HoboPelican
Thanks, JFK, that was the answer I most often hear also. But let's not forget the rocks brought back. Or the mirrors that were placed there and still reflect laser beams bounced off them. Or how unlikely that all the people needed for this "hoax" have kept the secret all these years.

From what I've seen, the only evidence for a hoax is very weak and easily explained away.

Some NASA press on the hoax:
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2001/ast23feb_2.htm

Article on the mirros:
http://www.firstscience.com/site/articles/moon.asp
Madic
mhmm, I had always wondered why there weren't any stars in the videos. there aren't any, right? I think they said it had something to do with that lack of atmosphere that make them not reflected by the sun... blah blah.
HoboPelican
Madic wrote:
mhmm, I had always wondered why there weren't any stars in the videos. there aren't any, right? I think they said it had something to do with that lack of atmosphere that make them not reflected by the sun... blah blah.


Reflected by the sun? Dang, hard to refute an argument that makes no sense. I think the argument you are trying to repeat is that the stars don't show up in the videos. Actually, since the shots are all of brightly lit daylight, with light colored objects of interest, the cameras iris would have to be stopped down so that any pin points of starlight would be undetectable. To get an exposure showing the stars, all the objects of interest would be washed out.

Come on, guys. If NASA faked it, do you really think they would forget to fake stars? Lets us a little common sense.
HDirtwater
There is a great book out there that refutes the lame-azz conspiracy theory of a faked moon landing - the name/author escapes me right now.

As to the lack of stars in the pictures: Go outside at night and take a picture of the sky on a clear dark night. You won't see any stars either. The shutter must be open for a very long time to see them, which wasn't necessary on the moon in 1969-72 because of the sun's reflection lighting the astronauts. That is just one of the many explanations that disprove any stupid theory about a faked landing.
jayandsilo
the evidence supporting the claims it was fake is full of holes
T3k-Ni9e
i heard about it possibly being fake, though i never really payed attention to the video
Nameless
I look at this like I look at all highly unlikely conspiracy theories (eg. USA behind twins towers disaster, God etc.):

- The immediate logical response says that the theory is stupid and false.
- There are many logical, well known and provable arguments against the theory.
- Every argument for the theory, even those that seem reasonable at first, have perfectly logical, well known and provable counter-arguments that disprove them.

Thus, the moon landing was not faked. However, just like every other major event in the history of the world ever there will be people who continue to believe stupid conspiracy theories because their minds can not accept the logical truth. But try not to be too hard on them. It's not really their fault they were born that way.
7Pound7
Hmmm I don't know what to think of this all. But complot theories seem to do very well all the time.

I look at this like I look at all highly unlikely conspiracy theories (eg. USA behind twins towers disaster, God etc.):

- The immediate logical response says that the theory is stupid and false.
- There are many logical, well known and provable arguments against the theory.
- Every argument for the theory, even those that seem reasonable at first, have perfectly logical, well known and provable counter-arguments that disprove them.

Thus, the moon landing was not faked. However, just like every other major event in the history of the world ever there will be people who continue to believe stupid conspiracy theories because their minds can not accept the logical truth. But try not to be too hard on them. It's not really their fault they were born that way.
_________________
Cool is Fun!
I reject your reality, and substitute my own! - Adam Savage
tribe
It's not a damn fake, and for anyone to think that, they must have been doing some illegal stuff back in the day!!!!

I donno why they have to make a big deal about this, the astronauts have their accounts to what happen, and its blatant to see their is little gravity up there!

People who think this is fake make me pretty damn sick. Why do you have to think everything the Gov't does is fake!

PATHETIC.
odinstag
theem wrote:
Have you ever watched the original movie of the landing? When armstrong jumps out if his shuttle, he fastly falls to the ground. Hello, there are a really low gravity up there! The flag. It's not standing still. It lokks like it's wind there. Wich it isn't. And several people says they have seen a place out in the deser looking just like the place in the 'faked?' moonlanding.

Here is a movie when they where recording the fake: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6...nding&hl=en


Laughing Laughing Laughing


And I have seen video of one of the astronauts kicking some fella's butt because he got in his face adn started calling him a fake and a traitor tothe American people.

There is also the fact that they left several experiments on the moon that still transmit back data every day.

Everything I have ever heard about this being a fake was from a flake and had very little credibility.
odinstag
7Pound7 wrote:
Hmmm I don't know what to think of this all. But complot theories seem to do very well all the time.

I look at this like I look at all highly unlikely conspiracy theories (eg. USA behind twins towers disaster, God etc.):



There is more evidence the US government was involved in 911 than there is that the moon landing was fake.

Like the Government standing down NORAD and the fact that they were running drills for the exact same thing that happened right under there nose, at the exact same time it happened.

Not a theory once there is evidence.
HoboPelican
odinstag wrote:

There is more evidence the US government was involved in 911 than there is that the moon landing was fake.
...


This is rubbish, not to mention it is the wrong place to discuss this. If you really want to discuss 9-11, go to this topic:http://farm1.static.flickr.com/159/377827617_6b637574b7.jpg?v=0

Read that and see if you can still come up with any convincing arguments for it being a "US conspiracy".
Soulfire
Everyone loves a conspiracy, in fact, people love it so much that they will make wild claims. And people believe them. Take the DaVinci Code for example. It's a work of pure fiction, yet people want to make that book religious and sacred text!
TruPain
I will admit that there are quite a few reason as to why some people could have a good reason to not believe this...

I mean, space is hard to understand... and actually traveling to the moon at such an early age in spaceflight... seems like it could be hard to believe...

Personally, I think it is 100% truthful... There are just too many facts to even try to discredit it.
Donutey
Several arguments easily debunk any "moon landing conspiracy" theories...
1) Thousands of employees involved in a highly public mission, none of which who have "spoken out" agreeing with the moon landing conspiracy.
2) Laser reflectors left on the moon by astronauts.
3) Radio relay stations around the globe.
4) The USSR never said it was faked.

Yes, you can go into how they just sent tape recordings of the astronauts into space and then played them back when an unmanned mission got to the moon, after getting that far... I'm pretty sure it would have been fairly easy just to send people to the moon, rather than have such an elaborate hoax.
HockeyPat
I don't believe it was real. The official story of history is all a lie.
reddishblue
HoboPelican wrote:
odinstag wrote:

There is more evidence the US government was involved in 911 than there is that the moon landing was fake.
...


This is rubbish, not to mention it is the wrong place to discuss this. If you really want to discuss 9-11, go to this topic:http://farm1.static.flickr.com/159/377827617_6b637574b7.jpg?v=0

Read that and see if you can still come up with any convincing arguments for it being a "US conspiracy".

That topic is a freaky as hell photo manip!
ankorilit
Conspiracies make the world more interesting, but they don't have any logical basis. Why would any1 fake the moon landing? Is the whole space projact a fake? These pictures of the world from space computer generated? really... And if it's a do-over, if they had some technical problem and had to shoot in a studio - we still landed, so where is the conspiracy?

People just love to believe the world is going on a plan. That the masters at the wheel actually know what they are doing, so they come up with these huge plans to manipulate us all. They killed JFK and Martin Luther JR and our own prime minister Isshak Rabbin. It's all a fart of some big plan. Like the antishemic PROTOCOLS OF ZION - a global Jewish conspiracy to take over the world.

The reality is that our superiours know very little, do very little and think very short ahead. The world is not mantained by conspiracies... it's mantained by a bunch of IDIOTS.

here's a conspiracy for you....
ankorilit
HockeyPat wrote:
I don't believe it was real. The official story of history is all a lie.


omg... sorry I didn't put it in my fist post, I just missed this the first time...

History is a story, that's true... there isn't one TRUE history (see the Israeli belife of the war of 1948 compered with that of the Arabs), BUT (and it's a huge B U T) the engage this to say the moon landing was a lie, all history is a lie... that's just stupid and it's a missuse of something with importance - we must understand that some histories of some people and groups have been wiped out from exsitance. If we go and say ALL history is just a big fat lie then we loose our purpse.

Yes we (you) landed on the moon... and yes we (you) could feed a small state with the money invested. THIS IS THE BREAK OF THE TRUTH IN HISTORY.
madsencarl
I always thought it was fake, but I guess after reading a couple of the articles that it probably isn't...
ninjakannon
The more evidence I see about 'The Moon Landing Hoax!' the more I believe that people really did land on the moon back in 1969.

Just look at all the evidence and there's no question that the landing really occurred.
• There's the obvious fact that NASA would not have missed out the stars if they were making a fake.
• Also, there's the fact that there are mirrors up there on the moon currently reflecting a laser beam (which, incidentally, has shown us that the moon is still getting further away from Earth (by about 2 centimetres a year I believe)).
• Furthermore, there's the fact that almost all the 'evidence' given for the moon landing being faked actually has no grounds at all, some of which is actually not evidence at all. I've seen 'evidence' which is just a lie - some which doesn't even make sense, some which only a seriously stupid, gullible person would believe.

Remember, everyone, when you're watching evidence for or against anything that you must keep thinking; assess the evidence that is put before you and make your own judgement on it.
photon
Well though ive seen lots of documentaries and read many articles, im still confused on this issue. I do believe that the moon landing was faked, but like most others, without concrete proof, im not ready to believe it. I just hope it was fakes Laughing
ninjakannon
photon wrote:
Well though ive seen lots of documentaries and read many articles, im still confused on this issue. I do believe that the moon landing was faked, but like most others, without concrete proof, im not ready to believe it. I just hope it was fakes Laughing

Sorry, what?

Your post doesn't make any sense to me. You say that you believe that it was faked but are not ready to believe it. What exactly are you not ready to believe? That it was faked? Or that is wasn't faked?
Furthermore, you say you hope it was "fakes", I assume you mean "faked". Why the hell do you hope for that?! That's ludicrous and just plain silly!
glenn83e
I do agree that the first moon landing was fake, not only did armstrong fall to the ground of the moon like someone jumping off of something on earth, the flag was moving, everyone knows that not only is there is little to no gravity on the moon but no air, so how would the flag move?
ninjakannon
glenn83e wrote:
I do agree that the first moon landing was fake, not only did armstrong fall to the ground of the moon like someone jumping off of something on earth, the flag was moving, everyone knows that not only is there is little to no gravity on the moon but no air, so how would the flag move?

There is no wind on the moon, nor is there any air resistance and as you stated, the gravity is less than it is on Earth, 6 times less in fact.

So how could the flag flutter? Well, when they move the flag it will obviously flutter because it is moving, then when it is stuck in the ground it will continue to flutter for much longer because there is no air resistance to slow it down and the gravity which on Earth would pull it toward the floor and stop it fluttering will actually slow down the flag 6 times slower than on Earth.

As for Neil Armstrong falling to the ground faster, don't you think that NASA would have taken steps to ensure that the gravity was properly simulated if it was acted out? They would never have let something like that slip. Perhaps it's the way Armstrong pushed off from the ladder or something, but he defiantly did that on the moon!

Also remember that the things which they said they put on the moon are still up there. Read what I said in a previous post here:

ninjakannon wrote:
Also, there's the fact that there are mirrors up there on the moon currently reflecting a laser beam (which, incidentally, has shown us that the moon is still getting further away from Earth (by about 2 centimetres a year I believe)).

Those are the mirrors which the astronauts put up there. I'm sure the flag is still up there, remember that when people go exploring on the moon again they'll probably find the footprints, flag, mirrors etc up there.

There is so much more evidence to support the moon landing than there is to say that it was faked. Just use your head and you should soon work it out.
Keran
Heh recently I had a homework from my English Studies to make a speech about conspiracy theories such as "Fake Moon Landing". They said it was filmed in a studio somewhere in Mojave desert. They said something about fluttering flag, shadow being casted from more than one angle, the sky shown in the film didn't include any of the Moon's night sky and something about the Moon Rock being marked with letter "C" that made it look like a prop or something.

But I don't really have to care if it's real or not, there are thousands of other people that will care far more than me ;]
ninjakannon
Keran wrote:
Heh recently I had a homework from my English Studies to make a speech about conspiracy theories such as "Fake Moon Landing". They said it was filmed in a studio somewhere in Mojave desert. They said something about fluttering flag, shadow being casted from more than one angle, the sky shown in the film didn't include any of the Moon's night sky and something about the Moon Rock being marked with letter "C" that made it look like a prop or something.

I've seen that rock with the letter "C" on it in a still from the video footage taken. Let me say that the "C" is just an indent in the rock in the shape of a "C"; I bet you could find every letter in the alphabet if you looked hard enough - I've seen some really odd indents in rocks before. It's a bit like clouds in the shapes of different objects.

Read my previous post on this thread to see information about the fluttering flag.

As far as I can see shadow isn't cast from different angles, I've looked at a few of the pictures and it isn't cast from different angles at all. Remember that the ground is uneven so when you look at the astronauts shadows you've got to also look at the level of ground they're standing on. Sometimes the level is different and then people have jumped to conclusions and said that there must be different light sources for each of the shadows.

Just read this thread and you should realise that the landing almost certainly wasn't faked.
goutha
Another story Smile

Go figure!
ninjakannon
goutha wrote:
Another story Smile

Go figure!

Erm... And what does that mean? You don't even have a reason to go spamming you're points are high enough.
arkebuzer
The only thing there that could be allmost taken as a reason it΄s fake would be the flutter of the flag... but I highly doubt that.
seagullspirit
its probably as fake as it can get.. but we'd all rather consider it real since we got too used to us as an all mighty race conquering space Very Happy
HoboPelican
seagullspirit wrote:
its probably as fake as it can get.. but we'd all rather consider it real since we got too used to us as an all mighty race conquering space Very Happy


I'm sorry, but did you read any of the above posts? Do you actually have a valid point to advance? A good argument that supports it being fake? A valid dispute of a point favoring it being real? If you are going to make a statement like that, can you back it up with anything? And try to do it in light of previous posts.
Billwaa
whatever, real or not real does it really matter? I mean other countries are approching moon landing anyway...
Bannik
you know someone could easily use a telescope to see whats on the moon (flag, footprint etc) why doesnt someone just do that and silence everyone
ninjakannon
Bannik wrote:
you know someone could easily use a telescope to see whats on the moon (flag, footprint etc) why doesnt someone just do that and silence everyone

If they could easily do that, then don't you think they would have already?

I'm not sure of the exact reasons why people haven't, but I would assume that a flag would be so hard to locate on the moon that it's not worth even trying. You certainly wouldn't be able to see footprints on the moon from earth. I would assume that no satellites are ever in the right position to capture images of the moon (or not from the right angle) as it's not designed to do so and placing it in an orbit wherein it's 'vision' would be partly blocked by the moon wouldn't be the best of ideas.
alexdude
Nah, just some myth.
Zampano
j_f_k wrote:
saw a documentary giving doog reasons why the LL was not fake, dont remember most of the details unfortunately but they debunked all the popular reasons that have been touted.

However, for the flag, what you;ve got to remeber is that, yes there is no wind, and what that means is no wind resistence.

When the flag was put into the ground, it was twisted to get purchase. This twisting motion set the flag fluttering. because of the lack of atmosphere, there is nothing to stop a fluttering flag from slowing down, so this is why the flag was moving.

They used a wire stiffener at the top of the flag; looking at it closely.
ninjakannon
Zampano wrote:
j_f_k wrote:
saw a documentary giving doog reasons why the LL was not fake, dont remember most of the details unfortunately but they debunked all the popular reasons that have been touted.

However, for the flag, what you;ve got to remeber is that, yes there is no wind, and what that means is no wind resistence.

When the flag was put into the ground, it was twisted to get purchase. This twisting motion set the flag fluttering. because of the lack of atmosphere, there is nothing to stop a fluttering flag from slowing down, so this is why the flag was moving.

They used a wire stiffener at the top of the flag; looking at it closely.

Yeah, they did... But that doesn't stop it from fluttering, what's your point here?
arranf
If it was a fake we would know by now. Someone would have spilt the beans. some clever university student would have figured somthing out.
Also to keep a secret that big?? How easy would it be to figure someone was lying (Sp?)
vinx_18
It was a fake landing... I saw it in expose... And they give me some factual information that convince me that it was a fake landing.
HoboPelican
vinx_18 wrote:
It was a fake landing... I saw it in expose... And they give me some factual information that convince me that it was a fake landing.


And that "factual information" was what? Was it something we already discussed here? Tell us what convincing evidence you saw. If you don't give us specifics, I just have to assume that you have nothing to back up your belief.
LostOverThere
Look at it this way, how many people helped with the moon land? 1000? Well, obviously, if it was fake, these people would tell their close family.

Look at the US Government today, lots of people don't like it, surely if the moon landing was fake, over time, one of these people would have let the cat out of the bag.
paul_indo
I saw a documentary on this about a year ago and they did provide some compelling evidence that the landing was faked. Wish I had taped it so I could check it now.

As for the flag. I believe that NASA said that there was an electric motor in the flag pole to make the flag look realistic although I am not 100% sure of this. It definitely had wire in it to stop it falling straight down.

One thing I recall as strange was the dust, which should fall straight back to the ground in a vacuum, stayed suspended in the "air" for quite a while.
Even in low gravity it would fall straight back if not suspended in a gas.

Shadows and reflections in some of the photos were rather unusual also.

I believe there was a shot also where the part of the ship or one of the astronauts was partly in shadow and yet the shadow detail was very clear. Any photographer would no that this is not possible back then, even now probably not, as shadows in a vacuum are jet black as there is no atmosphere to refract or reflect the light.

Interesting situation. It may be that the landing was real but much of the publicity was faked to create more of a public reaction and excitement.
This would be cheaper and easier than trying to take all the photos on the moon.
watersoul
If it is a fake, then what a truly amazing one from the times before decent computer graphics etc etc!
I don't really care that much if it is fake or not though, lets face it, we'll never really know, as something that big would be controlled by the most powerful people in the world, and even if other countries knew it were fake, the powers that be would have no trouble threatening or intimidating them into keeping their mouths shut about it!
Either way, the whole landing on the moon thing has inspired children into science and technology over the years, so the truth of it or not doesn't worry me Smile
catscratches
I don't think the landing is fake. But I think it's stupid. Why travel in space costing millions of dollars instead of helping poor, starving people? What do the starving people get from us wasting money like that? NOTHING!
Davidgr1200
Quote:
Why travel in space costing millions of dollars instead of helping poor, starving people? What do the starving people get from us wasting money like that? NOTHING!


Compared to the American war machine NASAs budget is quite small. Now if you can convince the American government to spend less on defence and more on helping the poor then you'd be getting somewhere.
catscratches
Davidgr1200 wrote:
Quote:
Why travel in space costing millions of dollars instead of helping poor, starving people? What do the starving people get from us wasting money like that? NOTHING!


Compared to the American war machine NASAs budget is quite small. Now if you can convince the American government to spend less on defence and more on helping the poor then you'd be getting somewhere.

You've got a point there. Instead of terrorising all the poor people USA could help them.

But what if the moon landing was fake? Hell the same? Nothing would have been different if it was fake/true. Would starving people have food? No. Would USA stop all terror wars? No. The moon landing is not worth a single penny. Yeah, right, SCIENCE!!!
- We need to have science!!
- Why?
- We need it! What about medicines and so?? No medicines without science!
- Space science and medicined?
- Well, we need science anyway.
- Space science?
- Of cource
- Why?
- ...ehrm...else Armstrong wouldn't had become famous!
Scott
I don't think there is any way the moon landing is fake. I h ave yet to find any really conclusive evidence that it didn't happen.
leetproxy
rofl... if the moonlanding was fake, it would have been the biggest scam ever, bigger than the history about jesus! 0o
bartdou
I'm also wondering, this kind things should only be proved by evidence but not analyse
rheanna
It wasn't from me! ;o) ROFLMAO! Dancing
jongoldsz
It kind of seems to be a fake, since in some of the moon landing moves, you can even see the light reflecting off wires. And when one of the astronauts stood back up, after falling down, it looked more like they were being pulled by a wire, since they didn't even push themselves off the ground.
Apewebbi
I havent seen the video, but I don't think that the moonlanding is fake
Shin
I think it's true. How can they make this a lie. If it's a fake i think it's impossible to keep this as a secret for such a long time.
justnewbie
It's not fake, but fact. They really did land on the moon. Simple and logically, if it was fake, the russians and chinese would already have disproved the landing since the beginning.
theLOGANhole
Conspiracy theories are developed for anything that is in the spotlight. Also when they aired it on FOX i was laughing my head off, that station airs anything for ratings...I really hate Fox News also they why they speculate everything...I believe the landing was real and that's it
mstreet
Another conspiracy theory I say.
iNs@nE
this topic rose so many times and NASA proved itself that many times..!!

neil armstrong fell directly onto the surface of the moon thnx to the boots he was wearing which lowered the anti-gravity effect by 57% ...

the flag keeps on fluttering because...when it was first set up...it was in motion..

and according to the law of inertia..a body continues to stay in that particular action unless it is obstructed by an external force..

and if you observe clearly (which I guess you can) ... there is no external force out there..! thats the reason the damn flag keeps fluttering evn till date..and will continue to do so until the end of time if remained undisturbed...

and the amount of progress NASA has done based on that first landing is far too much to consider it a fake..
CyanEyed
i dont know whether the landing was real or not but this video advert for red bull was too good to pass up:

http://www.ephinx.com/tvadverts/397/red-bull-moon-landing-advert.html
Mare
I saw the documentary called A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon and I was shocked...

With so much money invested in technology and still not enough knowlegde, no wonder they had to fake it... and eaven faking it was done by amaters... wining the race to the moon was "American dream". Wink
skygaia
Well... I couldn't see that Amstrong had landed to Moon. Because it happened before I was born Laughing
I was told there are many evidences that it was fake. peopole say it's kinda conspiracy theory.. but I want to believe that it was true..
Related topics
China Aims to Put Man on Moon by 2020
Trip to the moon....
who is mohammad? the prophete of islam
Was there any point to sending men to the moon?
How true that man landed on the moon...
Was the first moon landing : Fake ? : [poll]
Did Man Really Land on the Moon???
Did Man Stepped On Moon!!!
If everything was destroyed today...
Proof that NASA lied
India's First Moon Mission Launched Successfully
NASA restores moon landing film
Does atheists' commitment to science require faith?
Do you thin that moon landing is a HOAX?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.