FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mafia still remains as the best game

theem
What is it that you cannot do in that game

You can just walk around
Punch other guys to take off you anger
Drive cars
Shoot people
make money
Die by jumping into the water
Buy gas for your cars
Steal cars
even shoot the don to find you are dead

This is the first game in that season that came with superb graphics

another addition to the game was you could fall into the water.
i the othergames like hitman 1 and 2 in that time you could only reach the edge but you would not fall you could just stay there trying for the rest of your life.

About the graphics its really spell binding
This was yet the first game in which when you moved into line with the sun you could see the glare of the sun ( streaks of light from the sun )

And to make the game more interesting they came out with a "blue mod" in which an area of the city will be transformed into the 1990's look. the cars will be upgraded, the guns also will be upgraded.

And there are more addons that you can download and install. You can even change the skin of Tommy Angelo into the maxpayne look.
The cars can also be give skins like the suberu, nissan, even a ferrari.

The blue dream mod can be downloaded from
http://bwenglish.idnes.cz/dema/mafiabluedream.html

About the other skins i am not sure of the sites but please check out the news section of http://www.mafia-game.com/

Hope you guys can get a new experience from playing the game with these mods.
Twisted Evil
amusic
yeah........it is the best game that I have ever played. Better than GTA, especially the car driving, it's really really real in term of the feeling.
7Pound7
Hmmm interesting stuff you wrote on Mafia. I have the game, but never came to play it:

Quote: "Mafia still remains as the best game

You can just walk around
Punch other guys to take off you anger
Drive cars
Shoot people
make money
Buy gas for your cars
Steal cars
even shoot the don to find you are dead

This is the first game in that season that came with superb graphics

another addition to the game was you could fall into the water.
i the othergames like hitman 1 and 2 in that time you could only reach the edge but you would not fall you could just stay there trying for the rest of your life.

About the graphics its really spell binding
This was yet the first game in which when you moved into line with the sun you could see the glare of the sun ( streaks of light from the sun )

And to make the game more interesting they came out with a "blue mod" in which an area of the city will be transformed into the 1990's look. the cars will be upgraded, the guns also will be upgraded.

And there are more addons that you can download and install. You can even change the skin of Tommy Angelo into the maxpayne look.
The cars can also be give skins like the suberu, nissan, even a ferrari.

The blue dream mod can be downloaded from
http://bwenglish.idnes.cz/dema/mafiabluedream.html

About the other skins i am not sure of the sites but please check out the news section of http://www.mafia-game.com/

Hope you guys can get a new experience from playing the game with these mods.
Twisted Evil "
Kitten Kong
agreed, the physics of shooting felt really ugly, but just the driving of those crappy old slow cars, it felt so real.

Although i did play GTA a lot more, busting caps in ppls asses just holds some primal joy
guugu
i liked how you got ticket if you did drive overspeed or trought red lights... for exp. in Driver cops mashes you out of the game just becouse you drived too fast Very Happy Oh those slow cars sometimes pissed me off but it was so realistic... now i have played game trough 3 times ^^
kopnima
Mafia is the best game!

+ very interesting story
+ variety of missions
+ realictic car and driving
+ manners of person are very humanic, cause they were developed with real people
+ at that time has perfect graphic
+ free ride and free ride extreme witch is very cool!
+ dabbing

- multiplayer is absent

i have played Mafia trough 4 times and now im going to fourth Very Happy Twisted Evil
David_Pardy
I completed it once, all legit (some people cheated in the race, apparently they made it easier in a later patch or something too, but I did it straight off the cd).

But that's all. I didn't really find it to be replayable, much like GTA3, VC and SA. I love the games but I just can't really play them from the start again.

Mafia was definitely a great game though, but I don't know that it was the first to allow you to fall in the water. Hitman was a boring game anyway.
Osmodius
theem wrote:

If ever there was a reason to play a video game, this is it!
achowles
I really loved that game. I don't seem to be able to install it anymore. Despite a few faults, it was better than GTA as far as I was concerned.

Thanks for pointing out the mods! Maybe I'll try my luck with installing again and take a look at them.
traxion
amusic wrote:
yeah........it is the best game that I have ever played. Better than GTA, especially the car driving, it's really really real in term of the feeling.

idd the car driving was really good in that game. but in GTA i like i can go as fast as i can go with out any police behind me
Manntis
Never tried this game... But it looks pretty sweet!

I've only really played the Grand Theft Auto games and Max Payne..
Kitten Kong
ahahaha, i remember this game and it's freaking awesome. I love getting around in those crappy old cars. The engine was crap and it was a nightmare trying to shoot someone, but the missions were good and the atmosphere worked well.