FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The war on terror... I mean operation iraqi freedom....

Blaster
Ok this is how I feel on this topic. When we first went to Iraq we went there in search of Nukes. Then it seemed like we where there for saddam. Well we got him... and now hes dead. Then it changed to the war on terror. Hmm well is there even terrists in Iraq. Well there are. But wait isn't there some in Iran? Doesn't Iran have nukes? The answer is yes. Do all countries have terror. Yes. Did some guy from Britian not just try and kidnap someone. Yes. Well what i'm getting at is why did we just tackle Iraq. Why not the world? Next comes Operation Iraqi Freedom. Hmm is it just me or is that kind of weird. We have so many problems in the rest of the world and here we are trying to help Iraq. So what do i think. I think that we arn't there for there freedom. I don't think anyone is. Now bush wants even more money to help reconstruct Iraq. Well lets see. When you are at war with a country do you pay to clean it up? No. How long did it take to get Bush to New Orleans after Katria? So lets spend money on something that where just going to blow up again and forget about our own country.

Well my dad said something the other day. The first bush lead us into Iraq for Operation Desert Storm. Bill clinton got us out. George W. Bush got us into the war in Iraq now. So now we need Hiliary to come in and bail us out. Very Happy

Really though. I see WWIII coming on.

Oh and the whole reason where in Iraq... George Bush is just trying to be like his dad and all.
j_f_k
A wrong war to be sure, especially as there were no WMD. I could write pages and pages on the reasons we shouldn't have gone into the war, and what I could write on why we should have gone into the war wouldn't fill a postage stamp (even using visually impaired large type!).

However now that Iraq is f***ed courtesy of the West (us) we've got a problem. As much as I hate dubya and as dumb as he is this time he's right. Look at it logically - there are 4 options

1) clear out altogether - admit defeat leave a country of 5m people even more f**ked that they currently are
2) reduce troops - option 3 aint working, this will be obviously worse
3) status quo - not working
4) increase troops - chance of dealing with insurgency until Iraq gets its s**t together

4) is the least worst of what are all pretty horrible options. We have to gamble and hope it comes off (unlikely but not impossible). most likely scenario is that is still doesn't work and we head for 1) in the end and its even worse than 1) now - however 4) is the only option that at least gives us a change (albeit small) of a good outcome.
Eclipse
Hey, Hindsight is 20/20. IF the president was fed false information then he was fed false info. I'm not saying he was and I'm not saying he wasn't.

I'm also not saying I support my leader's decision in going to Iraq. What I will say is, he's either incredibly naive or really did believe what he was doing to be right. OBVOUSLY other country's have a possibility of WMD's; heads up to North Korea.

I will maintain, as I always have, that there is more going on here than what we know. Whatever reason Bush had for invading Iraq I certainly hope it was a good one.
ocalhoun
Blaster wrote:

Oh and the whole reason where in Iraq... George Bush is just trying to be like his dad and all.

Oh, so we can expect Hillary to have an affair while in office?

Also, nice rant.
Nutorious1
<I>I see WWIII coming on</I>

I just saw that straight away when i entered this topic. There will never be a world war three in our life times. The only chance of another world war happening is when we eventually start running really low on oil and resorces.
ocalhoun
^ Oh, really? All it would have taken would have been most of the Arab countries uniting to help defend Iraq from the US invasion. Good thing Iraq wasn't terribly popular with it's neighbors.
Nutorious1
Oh, really? All it would have taken would have been most of the Arab countries uniting to help defend Iraq from the US invasion. Good thing Iraq wasn't terribly popular with it's neighbors.

Wouldnt have been a world war, would have been America and Uk against the middle east >_>.. Which i suppose is a big war but still not a world war.
ocalhoun
^It could escalate further if either the USA or the UK called upon their allies, and/or any of the other countries in the 'coalition'. Such things have a way of spreading.
Montressor
Blaster wrote:
Well my dad said something the other day. The first bush lead us into Iraq for Operation Desert Storm. Bill clinton got us out. George W. Bush got us into the war in Iraq now. So now we need Hiliary to come in and bail us out.

I heard on NPR (that's my source) that the first Bush did not conquer Iraq because he believed that capturing Baghdad would lead to a civil war. His "liberation" of Kuwait is somewhat justifiable and reasonable. The second Bush's invasion of Iraq is less so (personal belief). Could you perhaps find some sources to prove that "Bill clinton got us out", I am not overly familiar with the first gulf war, but I do not remember any reference to it being as big a "mess" as the current one, or that Bill needed to "get us out".
Hunterseaker
I think the TS is right, Bush just wants to control everything, he just want amerika to be the most powerfull country in the world. And destroy all countries that endanger the US in any way. Iraq never was a threat for the US, he just wanted to make sure Saddam would never be a threat. And ofcourse the oil.....

The result:
Many Amerikan lifes are lost and a cival war in Iraq. So please Hillary, get us out of this mess....
highlordadmin
I aint so good whit politics and such, but here is what i think happened:

The monkey, oh sorry, George W. Bush found out it was oil in Iraq, then he said that they had nuculear weapons, and rushed in to get the oil. Everything went bad, then he was going after Saddam, now Saddan is dead, and i realy hope Bush wont have time to find another excuse to attack even more!

What i writed above, it is mostly what i think not what i know. But the oil theory seems to be correct, atleast many thinks so. I realy hope that new president will do a good job, because if she dosent, then soon it wouldent suprise me if another World War started... And as some as posted before, it would only be Iraq vs USA, but remmember, the allies of the both "teams"...
seagullspirit
all I need to say is CONGRATS to the person who posted this thread for the sarcastic name Very Happy
Andrew426
Blaster wrote:
I don't think anyone is. Now bush wants even more money to help reconstruct Iraq. Well lets see. When you are at war with a country do you pay to clean it up?.
Yes, you should.
Blaster
seagullspirit wrote:
all I need to say is CONGRATS to the person who posted this thread for the sarcastic name Very Happy

I love the thread name too Very Happy x

Quote:

Oh, so we can expect Hillary to have an affair while in office?

Isn't it the Clition way?

Well I also believe we are there for oil. Bush makes most of his money off oil. He owns a lot of oil rigs and all. So yea he wants oil. He wants it so when he is out of office the oil prices will still be in favor. Now yes this is my thought on things.

As far as WWIII it only takes three contenents to be ingadged in war to make it a World War. Well its something like that. It might be that one country is fighting two or more others countries. To be honest I'm not sure what one it is but one of them is correct.
DecayClan
Did you ever actually believe that ANY of the thing s that they said is true???
:LOL:,
The main reason of the war, is OIL!!!(and to ge t a good strategic place in middle east).

Also:

After Americans took over in Afghanistan, the production of (i can't remember its name in English, but it is a drug), was doubled...

I don't blame America about anything... At all times in history, there was a nation, that was outstanding, and did expansive wars(even if today, the "expand" economically, and to get cheap oil).
Also, the Americans did it more "genty" than the nations 100years before that...

What is anoying me though, is people that don't see what is really going on...
reddishblue
Is the drug you mean opium?
eggg
Iraq has been screwed up since someone got the brilliant idea of setting its political boundaries and calling it Iraq. It was a damned fool idea for the west to interfere then and it's a damned fool idea now. I protested against the war when it was starting and got plenty of flack from the pompous fools who supported it. I'm sure most of them have changed their tune by now. I hope this country will learn something from its blunders. What we need is a president who has the guts to put serious reductions in corporate power and a huge shift to green industry on the table, not wars started over sucking the last bit of money out of the oil economy. The Iraq war is a disaster no matter how you look at it, and I haven't even gone into the many thousands of lives lost, to no end...
DecayClan
reddishblue wrote:
Is the drug you mean opium?

Yes, that's it Wink