FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Edit: Old topic, dosen't matter anymore.





Vladalf
Edit: Old topic, dosen't matter anymore.
Magicman
Good luck on making this game. Even if you have a lot of motivation in making this game it will take a long time. Is it the first game of this magnitude you have attempted? What are you using to make this game?
Vladalf
Edit: Old topic, dosen't matter anymore.
Boffel
Looks realy good. Will it come a beta soon?

Just wondering... Anyway, keep up the good work! Very Happy
Vladalf
I may release an tehnology demo in the near future.
I usually don't release demos, don't know why. Smile.
rekluzz
Vladalf wrote:
Progress is going slow because I can't find voice actors. Sad


I can't believe it's that hard to find voice actors. Are you only looking for professional individuals who have done previous voice work or will you consider anyone who is interested?
Vladalf
I'm looking for experienced or talented voice actors, not professionals.
And I don't live in England or America so I can't find voice actors easy.
rekluzz
Vladalf wrote:
I'm looking for experienced or talented voice actors, not professionals.
And I don't live in England or America so I can't find voice actors easy.


Sorry, didn't realize that you were in Romania. I've sent you a PM.
Vladalf
New Screenshots:
guissmo
Cool! A fellow GameMaker user.

Good luck on your game.

BTW, could you help me about sessions and data-sharing about that? Razz
mattchun
If you put it for others to downloading, I think I would like to have a try.
Vladalf
Edit: Old topic, dosen't matter anymore.
Vladalf
New Screenshots:

In the left screenshot you can see the new look of the trees.
Vladalf
Are the new graphics better?
rekluzz
How goes the progress on the new game development? Will you be putting a download link on the site soon?
Vladalf
Edit: Old topic, dosen't matter anymore.
wombatrpgs
There's a good topic here regarding game design, gamemaker etc... Check the forum.

As for general tips for now...
-Your game is not 'professional' if you can sack it without another thought... Trust me, delays mean loss of interest, and loss of interest means no resurrections. How long have you been working on that?
-What kind of planning did you put into this thing? Do you have a complete plot?

Although you got lucky having an actual sort of team to develop with...
Starflier
Looks like you're on the right path. Don't feel too discouraged about taking time off because you don't know what the heck you're doing. That is the very stuff Indy Gaming is made from. When you don't have the budget to hire the knowhow, you need to develop it yourself.

EDIT:I love how stylized the game is. It's certainly a very unique art style.
Vladalf
wombatrpgs wrote:
There's a good topic here regarding game design, gamemaker etc... Check the forum.

As for general tips for now...
-Your game is not 'professional' if you can sack it without another thought... Trust me, delays mean loss of interest, and loss of interest means no resurrections. How long have you been working on that?
-What kind of planning did you put into this thing? Do you have a complete plot?

Although you got lucky having an actual sort of team to develop with...


When we started the game we wanted to do something more than the other games we made but we didnt have enough experience. We delayed the game because we weren't experienced enough not because of loss of interrest.
Yes we have a complete plot and a big scenario that we're expanding everytime we have ideas.

Starflier wrote:
Looks like you're on the right path. Don't feel too discouraged about taking time off because you don't know what the heck you're doing. That is the very stuff Indy Gaming is made from. When you don't have the budget to hire the knowhow, you need to develop it yourself.

EDIT:I love how stylized the game is. It's certainly a very unique art style.

Thanks for the tips.

Do you like the art style from Project OPAL too? You can check some screenshots of Project OPAL on the website.
Starflier
Vladalf wrote:
When we started the game we wanted to do something more than the other games we made but we didnt have enough experience. We delayed the game because we weren't experienced enough not because of loss of interrest.
Yes we have a complete plot and a big scenario that we're expanding everytime we have ideas.


Backburner games are nice to have. I've got a couple of very complex projects, both comics and games, that aren't even out of the sketchbook really. I just keep refining the plot and characters as I work on simpler projects. I've got a really short attention span, if I can't finish it in one day, then I probably won't touch it again for the rest of the week.

Vladalf wrote:
Do you like the art style from Project OPAL too? You can check some screenshots of Project OPAL on the website.


The clean, unshaded, geometric style of the game art works quite well and if done right, it will be very immersive. A couple things in the screenshots really suck the "Being there" factor out.
1. The shaded bullet counter looks out of place
2. The splat of blood looks kinda scribbly, to make it more consistant with the rest of the art, I'd personally use a starburst shape.
3. In the bottom screenshot, the far away one, the perspective feels off. We should be able to see the tops of the buildings from that angle.
4. Being able to see your character. To me this seems unnecessary in a lightgun-style game.

Of course, your call on everything. I'm not trying to rewrite your game. Just remember that your goal is to create a world for the player to explore. Anything that reminds them that they are sitting at a computer desk, staring into a monitor and pushing buttons, defeats that purpose. No matter what the art looks like, consistancy is what makes the game have "being there" effect.
Related topics
Command and Conquer
Your list
[OFFICIAL] World Of Warcraft - No new topics about this
Online jobs
Aquastrike's Realm Redux-3.0 BETA
once again
Criss Angel - walking on water....know how he does it?
Some not so commonly asked questions.
This Topic
topics that are closed for no GOOD reason
100frh$ - For Improving My Logo
(what subject)
Old Topic Purge?
Death of Jesus
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.