FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Reminders

murray732
I think it'd be a cool feature to have an option under account to make frihost send you an email dayly, weekly, or monthly to remind you to post in the forums. Sometimes it just slips my mind when i'm thinking about other things and eventually completelly forget Sad
Animal
murray732 wrote:
I think it'd be a cool feature to have an option under account to make frihost send you an email dayly, weekly, or monthly to remind you to post in the forums. Sometimes it just slips my mind when i'm thinking about other things and eventually completelly forget Sad

When your points reach negative numbers, an email is sent to you to remind you that you need to post to maintain your free hosting account. IMO, sending daily/weekly/monthly reminders is unnecessary and would put a larger strain on the server than is necessary.
southy
It's true. If you're in need of it that bad, simply use your calendar, like Outlook or Google Cal.
ninjakannon
To be honest I don't think that this should be implemented. As Animal said, it would add unnecessary load to the servers and there is already a system for warning you when your points fall below 0.
I would also say that users who don't themselves remember to come back here to post will probably won't (they, however, may) be people who post long four pointers. If put into effect this would in fact increase the amount of spam on FriHost - in my opinion.
garionw
and how many email's would get sent out each week? thousand's now lets say 2000 people had Gmail, wouldn't they mark it as Spam?

Which then defeats the purpose - I only check my spam every couple of weeks
reddishblue
With over 25 000 members this would be a horrible strain on the servers, most are inactive too, a totally useless idea IMO
Scorpio
garionw wrote:
and how many email's would get sent out each week? thousand's now lets say 2000 people had Gmail, wouldn't they mark it as Spam?

Which then defeats the purpose - I only check my spam every couple of weeks

My email ID at Yahoo has nothing but spam. On an average I get around 90 spam mails compared to 2 legitimate mails a day. And with Yahoo's stupid spam filters which even mark Yahoo! newsletters as spam, I am sure that frihost's reminder would certainly remain in there

Also, I never check my spam box at Yahoo!

Reasons enough I guess
ninjakannon
I think initially emails from 'frih@frihost.com' were sent to my junk mail folder on Windows Live Mail. However, I added the email address to my allowed list and I get all the reply notifications through fine. If the email was to come from the same email address then anyone who has done what I have would get the email through fine.

I've found that around half of the emails I receive from signing up to forums are sent to my junk folder. This is because they're sent from a script file of some kind, usually php. How can you stop this junking happening, as some people seem to have done?