FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you Really Need Sex??

What Gender Prefer Sex More? and why?
Male
66%
 66%  [ 22 ]
Female
33%
 33%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 33

cvkien
i was wondered that does human really need sex to survive?? and is it really all gay or lesbian doing sex?? i think not all really need sex. what will happened to this world without sex? and if human can born child without having sex, what would this world be? and i really wonder to know male and female, which prefer sex more?
eznet
Although sex is something that we (all animals) strive for as if it were required, it truly is not. Granted, it is great and is something to be strived for if you like it (as much as I) but with that said I would not truly die without it. Many people do not have the drive for sex (or much of one) that are otherwise health, (relatively) young and otherwise driven, productive people.

Truthfully, if it were not for the traditional role of sex and its constant reinforcement in society by religion (yes, I said sex is ultimately supported by religion) it could possibly not be as prevalent as we observe today. Because of the strong sense in most modern cultures that one must be married with children to be complete there is a constant psychological drive to obtain this 'completeness' - something that can only come about with sexual relationships.
okullar
Everyone can live without sex, so it is not a fatal requirement such as breath. You cant live without breathing...
Eclipse
To me there is a reason why God gave us men our sex drive (I'm religious, so those who aren't just let it be). I, personally, don't have kids but I would like them. An ideal family for me would be around 4-6 kids but I know that will never be. Why? Because raising a family today is very, very expensive here in America.

Kids to me are stress-relief; something that the more I'm around them the better I feel. I try to spend some time with my niece and nephew as much as I can almost solely for that fact.

So in answer to your question I would say men. In biological terms we are the aggresser, even if that's not always true.
Pryme8
Men fore sure, most are sex animals. Women dont often rape or do extream things to get themselves off, while sick men on the other hand...
bluefossil
okullar wrote:
Everyone can live without sex, so it is not a fatal requirement such as breath. You cant live without breathing...

No, if everyone can live without sex then there will be no one else to live
blue77
I deffinetly will have to say that the man need and want more sex than the woman. The nature maked it that way. But sometimes the women have a realy strong sex drive who is result of theirs feelings and emotions.
benjmd
"Does human really need sex to survive?" is essentially asking two questions because of the faulty grammar:

If he meant "Does a person really need sex to survive?" then it is the same as asking "Will a person die as a result of not having sex?"

Since some people go their whole lives without (priests, etc.), the answer to that is a resounding "No."

If he meant "Does the human race need sex to survive?" then it is the same (although in the oppositive) as asking "Can we continue to successfully make enough offspring to survive as a race without using sexual intercourse?"

That answer is basically determined by whether or not we could mainstream artificial insemination, etc. enough to produce enough babies. I would guess that we probably could.

We can likely survive without sex--but is there any reason at all to think we'd want to?
Pryme8
Quote:
We can likely survive without sex--but is there any reason at all to think we'd want to?

stop all stds from being passed?
Captain Fertile
The human race could survive and continue without the sexual act but its cheaper (depending on how high maintenance your partner is of course) and a whole lot more fun than any of the alternatives.

Who enjoys it more? I suspect men pursue the act of sex more than women but both enjoy the actual act equally, or maybe that’s just my experience ‘cos I am so good! (Yeah right!). To men it is more of a physical act where is women claim it is more of an emotional and spiritual thing, although the physical side is often appealing to them it is less so than to the men. Hence the proliferation of girlie magazines for men, there are not quite so many available to women. Plus in my opinion, the female form is a lot more appealing to look at than the male.

…and is it really all gay or lesbian doing sex?? I’m not too sure what you are asking here. If you mean is it only gay and lesbian people having sex I can certainly say no to that one. Check out any maternity ward at your local hospital, its busier every day of the year then the burns unit on bonfire night! (sorry, this attempt at a pun may not make sense to anyone outside the UK)

What will happen to the world without sex? Well, it will miss out on a lot of fun. But maybe it would cut down on a lot of violence that would not otherwise have occurred had it not been for sex usually illicit sex of one kind or another, or the jealousy caused by said sex, rearing its ugly head.

If you want to see how a man would be without sex you really should check out the movie, the Man with Two Brains starring Steve Martin. The bit where he is not able to sleep with his new wife for a long time is so true – I have snapped door handles off myself and broken a few windows myself.
madc0w
See, my wife and I are in the typical scenario where she seems to not ever need or want sex and I could do it at least once a day. If we were 40, I would say this wouldn't be an abnormal situation, however, we are still in our mid 20s and we've only been married for a year and a half. I think it might be too early for such a thing to happen.

I am aware, though, that different people have different sex drives, but to be able to go several months without it and not even bat an eye seems odd.

Now, we have these friends, a couple of the same age who were wed only several weeks after us, that are experiencing the exact opposit scenario. She has the sex drive of a monkey at the zoo on field trip day and he seems to have no personal interest in it whatsoever. He indulges her if she begs hard enough.

I've often joked with my wife that I wish she and our female friend could trade sex drives, and she commonly retorts that I should trade sex drives with our male friend. There may not be a right or wrong here, but what can you at least consider somewhat normal?
nikki
Need???? NO.

Sex is not a need, it's more of a desire / want.
Sex is important in a relationship.
But that importance has changed over the years.

In todays society sex is a commodity, a mere item of trade between men and women.
If you walk into a bar, the train, anywhere and someone catches your eye, there is a chance (in your favor) that you can bed that person that same day/night or in a week.

Why?
I believe that sex should be the highest expression of the love/passion you feel towards the one you wanna spend your life and get old with.

We (including myself) have fallen into the "its just sex" mentality.
Cause sex in the way it is meant to be comes with commitment and responsibility.

Things that no one wants these days.
Why marry him or her if I can "hit it" and move on?
Sex is no longer an expression of love towards a life partner.
It has become "the next high"....
molif
sex is needed for ppl who are sexually deprived..

they are sick, all they can think about is sex..
Sadow
molif wrote:
sex is needed for ppl who are sexually deprived..
they are sick, all they can think about is sex..

Maybe if you get no sex at all this is the case, because (especially with men) sex is an urge that needs to be fullfilled. I sometimes have periods with minimal sex and I think for men this means that something physically is building up and needs to come out, if you catch my drift... Twisted Evil
However, sex isn't necessary like for example food, water etc. Both men and women can do without, but the world would be very boring in my opinion if sex would be banned completely.
just-in
What kind of question is this? Whether sex is required or not?

It is very much required because if your parents didn't have sex then you could have not existed and asked this meaningless question.

Why does the nature gifted the woman a female entry and for a man a tool which can enter into the female entry.

Its very much required for any kind of lives in this universe to expand its existense and generate its generation.

There is no such thing in this universe which can relieve you from your stress like sex. Sex is an important activity in one's life to live healthy.

At least give respect to the natures creation. Why does the men have their sperm bag (testicle) below their body just hanging... why that special care taken by the nature to keep it cooler than the body temperature.

Its knowns that while men get into their climax while having sex they release n number of sperm soldiers to attack the female egg but why does only 1 or 2 gets the welcome sign from the female egg and the rest booted.

Its so poetic the nature has made our bodies and the activities of it.

Isn't it true that you have yourself back as your kid. Isn't it gives you the extreme happiness when you see your son behaves, laughs, talks, walks like you.

Just think of these things behind the holy thing called sex then this type questions will not raise in your mind.

Don't just think about the enjoyment you get at the time of having sex. Think about the post activities of the sex.

Ask your wife how does it feel to have a 8-9 months of pregnancy and to take all blows, kicks by your junior inside her stomach.

Sex is not only an enjoyment it is so 'I have no word to put it here'... its just close to God.

Justin
mike_phi
Well as a few posts have stated its not air or water, and we could do without it, but do what we would just be cruising around and it would also put a different edge on love love would be kind of different, and so would relationships, how would w measure boundries as sex is sexual intercouse its also affection and unity, and to truely measure this we would have to remove kissing too, as I think kissing is in a strange way a type of "Sex" (please dont attack me for that last staement)

so it would be really hard to truely know if we could survive without sex even if woman would get pregnant by osmosis

so I gues I am a bit confussed

cheers
schumway
women need sex more because they are horny pigs LOL

men are just pigs. LOL

go to a strip club and the guys are sitting back acting all kewl and stuff (except for the bachelor party thing or the first timers)

see women in a strip club.. it is not safe being another man in those places.. they go crazy!
just-in
I have read or heard many times that more than the men women need more sex all the time.

And it is also surveyed that men get satisfied early than the women.

What you guys think on this?
meet in rio
In my experience, men think about and 'need' sex more than women. Not that women don't desire it, but they're not so driven by it.

I'm not a particularly attractive girl, but if I called a handful of my male acquaintances and said 'come over now and have sex with me', a rather worrying number of them would probably comply. Most of the ones who wouldn't are the more religious ones. To be fair, 18--22 year old boys are notoriously horny and almost certainly not representative of the general male population, but you get my drift.

Overwhelmingly more men pay for sex.
Overwhelmingly more men are convicted of sex crimes.
Men masturbate more frequently.
ronb
madc0w wrote:
See, my wife and I are in the typical scenario where she seems to not ever need or want sex and I could do it at least once a day. If we were 40, I would say this wouldn't be an abnormal situation, however, we are still in our mid 20s and we've only been married for a year and a half. I think it might be too early for such a thing to happen.

I am aware, though, that different people have different sex drives, but to be able to go several months without it and not even bat an eye seems odd.

Now, we have these friends, a couple of the same age who were wed only several weeks after us, that are experiencing the exact opposit scenario. She has the sex drive of a monkey at the zoo on field trip day and he seems to have no personal interest in it whatsoever. He indulges her if she begs hard enough.

I've often joked with my wife that I wish she and our female friend could trade sex drives, and she commonly retorts that I should trade sex drives with our male friend. There may not be a right or wrong here, but what can you at least consider somewhat normal?

Wow! I'm in the exact same scenario as you madc0w. It's nice to see there are other ppl out there that suffer like me Smile My wife is more than happy to only have sex once every month or two. She can store it up like how a camel stores water. Yet I would like to drink water every day. It can be very frustrating. She tells to get it elsewhere, but it's not easy when other women know you're married. And I'm not going to pay for it. Oh well. I don't know what can be done other than moving on. But I don't think it's worth getting divorced over.
frih
according to me if you truly love someone then you dont need sex. love means care,affection,trust but not sex. sex can be done after marriage but love must be done before marriage.

regards
abhi Smile
Disaster-Pieces
cvkien wrote:
i was wondered that does human really need sex to survive?? and is it really all gay or lesbian doing sex?? i think not all really need sex. what will happened to this world without sex? and if human can born child without having sex, what would this world be? and i really wonder to know male and female, which prefer sex more?

Yep we need sex.