FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MP3 (or other format) music files on my account

ninjakannon
I know this question comes up quite a lot but I'd like to have final conformation about my specific case before making any moves.

B) Rules and restrictions 1 wrote:
MP3 and other music files are forbidden on our servers. No exceptions will be made.

I am making a prototype for a Flash game which I aim to make in the future. This game will have background music and sound effects. I intend to record some music and sound effects and save them as .mp3 files. To play these within my game prototype I would place the files inside a folder in my root directory where they will be loaded in from. However, I may not be allowed.

What is the exact ruling on this?

EDIT: Plus, if I am not alowed to do what I propose, then how can I get around this problem?
Animal
You will be permitted to upload copyright-free audio tracks, or tracks for which you have (written) permission to use. Please create a new topic in the Request an Account Change forum and wait for Bonding's approval for this though. You will not be allowed to use copyrighted tracks even if it is for background music.
ninjakannon
Animal wrote:
You will be permitted to upload copyright-free audio tracks, or tracks for which you have (written) permission to use. Please create a new topic in the Request an Account Change forum and wait for Bonding's approval for this though. You will not be allowed to use copyrighted tracks even if it is for background music.

Oh okay, thanks a lot.

I'll do that - now I just have to make the music (I might get a friend to do it actually, heh heh). Wink

That's all I needed to know, I would be obliged if you would lock this now.
Animal
ninjakannon wrote:
That's all I needed to know, I would be obliged if you would lock this now.

Always my pleasure to oblige Very Happy
-close-