FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google AdSense Not Appearing

ninjakannon
I wasn't too sure where to post this really; this is about my website design, but also about advertising, about JavaScript (possibly) and Search engines. So [@ the mods] feel free to move this to wherever you deem appropriate.

Anyhow, I shall being with my problem. It is this: the Google Adsense on my website is fine and works properly, I can see it at I'm presuming click them (however I can't actually click the ads - it's against the TOS (and probably the law too)).
However, I was on a different computer earlier - one I don't own - and the adverts didn't show up, which is very irritating.

So I'm wondering 2 things, firstly: are the ads visible for you? (Just have a look, there should be some underneath the top image and at the bottom just above the copyright information line.) And secondly, why is this happening and what can I do to fix the problem? I believe I could see Google AdSense on other websites, just for your information.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
I hope to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. I would also appreciate any feedback on my website (bearing in mind that there is very limited content on there at the moment).

My website is: http://ninjakannon.frih.net.
LukeakaDanish
I can see the adverts (firefox 2, WinXP).

Your problem might stem from google "running out of adverts" which sometimes happens shortly after you first start displaying the adverts.

Check in a month to see if the problem persists - if it doesn't - lucky you - if it does, ask again!
ninjakannon
LukeakaDanish wrote:
I can see the adverts (firefox 2, WinXP).

Your problem might stem from google "running out of adverts" which sometimes happens shortly after you first start displaying the adverts.

Check in a month to see if the problem persists - if it doesn't - lucky you - if it does, ask again!

Good, I'm glad you can see the ads and thanks for the quick reply. Smile

Anyway, I had this problem before (over a month ago) at the same place. I was wondering whether there was anything wrong with my JavaScript / HTML (which wouldn't surprise me, I've used Microsoft FrontPage which isn't too clever when it comes to handling HTML (it deleted the code twice Confused)) or whether it was some setting which this computer had, in which case I probably needn’t worry as I can't help that.
LukeakaDanish
Do you remember what browser/OS that computer was using?
ninjakannon
LukeakaDanish wrote:

It was on Internet Explorer version 6.0, Windows XP; ahh what a memory I have.
LukeakaDanish
ninjakannon wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:

It was on Internet Explorer version 6.0, Windows XP; ahh what a memory I have.

For me that works fine - maybe it was a temporary problem of google not having indexed your page well enough to yet (at that point) and therefore "running out of" adds
ninjakannon
LukeakaDanish wrote:
For me that works fine - maybe it was a temporary problem of google not having indexed your page well enough to yet (at that point) and therefore "running out of" adds

Nah, they've indexed my page well enough - I'm sure of it. I've been able to see the ads on my own computer both before and after seeing them there. And this isn't the first time it's happened, so I thought I would ask here.
LukeakaDanish
Ok...now for a really stupid (and final) question then:

Did you try reloading to see if it was a "random" error (they do happen)?

aaaand one more question:

That other computer didn't by any chance have javascript disabled? (lots of people disable javascript for no reason...)
ninjakannon
LukeakaDanish wrote:

Did you try reloading to see if it was a "random" error (they do happen)?

No, I didn't. It's worked fine everywhere else so I didn't think to try that.

LukeakaDanish wrote:
That other computer didn't by any chance have javascript disabled? (lots of people disable javascript for no reason...)

Well I thought JavaScript might be disabled, I'll check the Internet settings and the JavaScript settings next time I use it (which will be tomorrow), however the link I have on my Flash page to open up a new window uses JavaScript and works perfectly, so I'm pretty sure it's not disabled.
Dragate
I can see it also.

I'm sure it's just that computer.

Try loading up java or w.e, but it's only javascript code, not really java, so shouldn't really have anything to do with it, but unless you are saying the java script options, then yes, check that.

I'm sure it's fine.

Good luck!
bgillingham
Although I can't tell you which cookie it was that was capable of making Google ad disappear, I had this happen with my Firefox browser. All of my google ads were gone! I thought that there was some problem with some of my code (all of which wasn't changed, so that couldn't be it), or my Google account, but IE still displayed the ads as well as Firefox on my other computer.

I deleted some cookies manually, at first only the "google" ones, but that didn't change anything.

It wasn't until I deleted ALL cookies that I got my ads back.

One thing that I can say is that I possibly got a cookie from either DigitalRiver or RegNow affiliates - one of their services displays google styled ads, and that was one of the last sites that I visited before my ads disappeared.
ninjakannon
To be honest I forgot to check whether my ads worked last time. I'll have a look next time I get a chance; first off I'll check the settings, and then delete my cookies. I hope either one of those proves successful, or that the problem's fixed itself as sometimes happens.

Thanks a lot for your feedback so far guys! Very Happy