FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Death Note

LeukeFilmpjes
I like Death Note really much, it's more realistic then Bleach, Wumpies etc. and it's even more fun I think. What do you guys think?
Kirbyssj
Yes, I'd agree that Death Note is a good anime, but going as far to say it's better than bleach , I'd have to disagree. It's cool and all but I've read the manga so many times I get bored of the plot quickly. While Bleach for me is new and interesting.

But my favorite anime character of all time is L. He's so cool and funny at the same time.
Seiji
Its become really popular. The Live Action movie for it was even popular which was surprising. I don't like it though. I can't get into much anime these days.
thehunterstan
Death Note was quite an interesting manga for me. The parts that really got to me were ---WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD--- when L was actually killed by Light. I actually I had always expected L to win but something kept nudging me to believe he would fail and Light would win. But they I found that Near had joined the party and he was even smarter and a better detective than L. Light was always somewhat of a hero to me but then he went mad with power and became the bad guy. Now I wish for his demise.
animassacre

thehunterstan wrote:
Death Note was quite an interesting manga for me. The parts that really got to me were ---WARNING: SPOILER AHEAD--- when L was actually killed by Light. I actually I had always expected L to win but something kept nudging me to believe he would fail and Light would win. But they I found that Near had joined the party and he was even smarter and a better detective than L. Light was always somewhat of a hero to me but then he went mad with power and became the bad guy. Now I wish for his demise.

GOOD THING i have already been spoiled ,
because if i ware not i would hate you very mach Twisted Evil

I wouldn't say that Death Note is better than Bleach... I don't know the entire storyline of Death Note but I definitely think that Bleach is more intricate and has more character-work than Death Note. But yah, I might change my mind after I finish watching all of the Death Note series.
bond4154
[spoiler]Actually, it's debated amongst fans whether L or Near is the superior detective. While L had started completely from scratch and investigated every possibility available to him, Near had started out the investigation with a "grudge", telling himself that Light was the suspect. Near's success was based on a very lucky bias against Light; I am skeptical that Near would've had such resounded success had he not completely convinced himself that Light was Kira, which, to me, isn't a good trait for a detective.[/spoiler]
Dosky
Death Note is a very beautiful anime I watch it the every week...

The designer are good.. Smile
creezalird
Dearh Note is really good actually with the storyline..I don't watch the anime but I only read the manga...so at some part..sometimes I feel quite boring because it feels like reading a novel not a manga anymore..the scripts seem to be too long and it is not fun anymore to read it..better get a good novel than..
urbanbuddha
I have all 13 volumes of the manga but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Lucky for me, since I've watched the first movie - I wasn't disappointed because I had no expectations! I will probably read the manga after the second movie as a lot of people have expressed that it's much better (manga is always better anyway).
BlockUp
I love it. Maybe even as much as I love FMA. But I will have to wait until it finishes until I decide that.

You're right, I think it blows things like Bleach out of the water. Also, the Shinigamis look awesome!
reactive
BlockUp wrote:
I love it. Maybe even as much as I love FMA. But I will have to wait until it finishes until I decide that.

You're right, I think it blows things like Bleach out of the water. Also, the Shinigamis look awesome!

Well you can read the 12 volumes of the manga, it's finished and you can find it scanlated on the internet very easily.
BlockUp
Thanks, I will definately look that up... I love the story so far.
wjsdpwl
i like death note. first of all, i think story line is interesting and unique. i also like characters. both main character has cool personalities. it has detective kind of stories. too. i love mysteries, so death note was good comic for me. i only hope it comes out into manga faster. it is really bad when i have to wait for months for new volume....
votd
Death Note is even liked by people who doesn't watch animes in their spare time and thinks it's some child's show - that's true!

I love the plot of the DN, because it's interesting and intriguing. Especially I like the plot twists and such. Well, many people likes Death Note - I love the art and graphics, which are the greatest that Mad House has ever made! Compare Trigun with Death Note and see how much their style has changed.

The music is very original - sounds like a great mystery - very impressive!
mansonivan
yeah, i like deathnote too. i m suprised for their imagination. is a very good story. i wonder how d author come out with this kind of idea.
Yoshiki
I haven't read the manga yet but I like the anime. The beginning was nice, good plot, nice drawing style and nice musics but now it looks like it is going to be too long serie. I heard there are going to be 39 episodes, in my opinion 26 would have been enough. Starts to look like the serie is losing it's grip. Naruto would have been great serie if there wouldn't have been any fillers, now it's just an average. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Death Note. If it hasn't happened already...

And the new opening song is awful.
Tatsumaru
Death Note rocks... I started watching it a not-so-long while ago. I'm at episode 7 I think. Too bad I already know a big spoiler, that's supposed to spoil everything. Ah well Sad

I hate reading spoilers accidentally haha (when not tagged I mean).
Erethakbe
Death Note its amaizing, i have been watching it since the emition of the episode 13... Raito its the Best!! and Riuk Rocks!!

i want my own shinigamin Sad
animassacre
Erethakbe wrote:

LOL , me tooo

DN roles --- the best opening ever -- i mean the socond one from 20ep and after that
willy101
animassacre wrote:
Erethakbe wrote:

LOL , me tooo

DN roles --- the best opening ever -- i mean the socond one from 20ep and after that

haha I guess what's so interesting about this plot is that it raises that exact question of if you could kill people easily what would you do. I'm sure people have thought of this at least once, but this anime really brings it up in your face. It's kind of scary actually.
yhally
deathnote, killing people with the use of pen and write their names on the deathnote... its a merciless killing for me but the story are grate. the strategy are good specially the knowledge light and L have. i stuck up in episode 7 and i dont know what happen next, maybe ill watch the other episode when i have time. lolz!
vanille
Death Note is GREAT! I love the series and the manga, though the movie was a bit of a drag. Death Note was like my anime version of Prison Break. When I heard about the 'shinigami', I groaned and muttered that that particular topic was cliched but after watching the first episode, I got addicted! It's such an entertainingly intellectual show! I love it! Raito FOREVER! L forever!

How long does the series last? I've only been able to watch a pathetic 10 episodes because I've had no time this year and I was kind of distracted by Prince of Tennis. *sheepish grin*

P.S.
You should check out behindinfinity.deviantart.com SHE cosplays as Raito and it's SO cool.
kitsune-fansub
Death Note is very good, I like very much!!
I am always anxious to see the next episode
Wink
mansonivan
yeah. deathnote is good. too bad i oledi read all manga and knew d storyline oledi. so anime for me not so keen to watch d next esp. Razz
votd
Death Note is perfect. I've watched all episodes until now, and this doesn't get bored! I was moved in some moments. I'm also thinking I'm watching a movie, not a TV series. Characters drawings and animation are both great and enjoyable. It looks expensive! And remember - it's from Mad House, and it's a masterpiece! It's just unbelieveable! And it's longer than 26 episodes already (there are 37 episodes planned, according to AniDB.net information).

Music is also great. Gives a serious impact.

Great! Just great! The best anime I've ever seen.
clydejaw
Death note is great and I reckon the movie wasn't too bad either. However, to compare with Bleach is incomparable. I don't want to justify myself because some above me probably has. But Deathnote is definitely worth checking upon! AND watch the movie too Smile it's wicked!
xj975
Death note is chock full of homoerotic suggestion (foot massage, handcuffing together, the love-hate relationship between L and Kira)

Still a good series.
kizarop
DN anime series is actually the only thing i'm watching. There's a very interesting website for fans of DN www.deathnote7.com
headie
So there's only 12 volumes? I've only read the first one ^^;
chastise
Death Note is an amazing anime, although the manga is way better. The story has so many twists and turns that it's really hard to believe it's just an anime/manga series.
ehecatl
I love the Death Note manga ^_^
votd
Mikami Teru rocks. If I had the same hair and appearance like him, the ladies would fall over for me for sure. I would go out with one lady in the morning, one in the afternoon... ehem, that wasn't exactly what I wanted to say.

Only a few episodes left, but it seems that it's not ending at all. And someone said that there is 38 episodes (obviously a mistake or misleading false information but we will see). I especially like the music.
clydejaw
It's quite hard to find the manga over here. I'm probably too lazy to go find an anime shop but is there any good websites that u can purchase it off? Some online shop that I can trust Very Happy?
forgewolf
death note is soo.. well thought of and a very intelligent anime
windloveskid
"Death Note" is a great detective manga. I like the battle for intelligence of Raito and L best.
Fusion Breeze
Death Note is the absolute Anime. I am obssesed with it. AARGH Razz I ordered from my bookstore the First 2 volumes of the manga. yay Razz After Death Note for me comes Full Metal Alchemist Bleach Elfen Lied D.Gray-Man and Air. That's my Top...6 Razz
driftingfe3s
Did anyone finish reading the manga? It kind of got slow around volume 6. Does it get better after that? I'm graduating soon so I'll have some free time on my hands till I find a job or decide to go to graduate school so maybe i'll finish death note up.
Mathew Elric
I thought that it was pretty funny what happens to Ryuku when he doesn't get apples. Then when he finds out he won't get getting any he turns back to normal. Smile
DjinniFire
Death Note is my favorite manga/anime of all time. It has the action that is from the mysteries within the manga and I can relate to both L and light in that I think things out and even beyond what others may think up to and analyze how things would turn out. I love the intelligence at work between the two. I read 10 volumes of the manga in one night >.>
Tatsumaru
I don't read mangas, I only watch anime. And I freaking love the Death Note anime, even though I'm not that far yet - I'm at episode 9 I think.

One thing that bothers me a lot is that I already know the ending, because some idiot on another forum forgot to mark his spoilers. And it was just a random anime thread, so I didn't see it coming. It's very freaking annoying because I am very interested in the series and characters, but I already know what's gonna happen Sad

Ah well, Death Note is still awesome.
koshizoku
What is this anime all about? Haven't watched it yet though..
crimson_aria
^ Death Note is about a bored genius named "Light Yagami" who finds a notebook called Death Note that kills people. The notes are originally owned by a Shinigami, but once it is dropped into the human world, intentional or not, the ownership is then transferred to the human who picks it up. Light Yagami decides to use the Death Note to clean the world from evil by writing down the names of the criminals around the world. A world renowned detective comes to the screen to fight and stop him. It's a battle of wits.

I highly recommend you to watch it. It's so awesome.
koshizoku
oh.. okay then.. I'll download it right-a-way! Very Happy
PennyCopper
I've just started reading / watching the show. I'm already far more intrigued than with some of the other Shonen Jump titles. (D. Gray Man could not hold me attention for the life of me. Interesting premise...but..eh.)

I reserve full judgement until I'm farther in. But I wouldn't call it "better" than Bleach -- aside from the death aspect, they're like comparing (lol) apples and strawberries. Wink

I really love the art style, though. Smile
McDucque
I had heard about this show for a while, but never got around to watching it.

At first, I thought the idea of the story was kinda dumb, but the way the story flows and the intelligence of everything, it can be pretty exciting.

I watched the first 16 episodes in one sitting, and will watch the rest today. I hear it officially ends with the next episode?
Chalchihuitlicue
To be honest, I thought I would be more into Death Note than I am. I started reading the manga, and got bored with it within two or three chapters. I couldn't really identify with the characters (in fact, I find most of them to be extremely annoying and unrealistic), and the plot moved relatively slowly. I've watched a few bits of the anime, and while it's gorgeous, it's not enough to motivate me to watch the entire thing.

Though I am glad they waited until the manga was finished to make the anime - no ridiculous filler material that way!
votd
Indeed, it ends with the next episode (37). But they could make it longer, add new plots or something. I won't spoil you, but I think... well that's not really important. On the other hand, 37 episodes is long enough, since the idea of Death Note will soon be fired out and it will be no more a fascinating story about Yagami Raito, who is thinking out a new plan to make his "new perfect world"...
crimson_aria
McDucque wrote:

At first, I thought the idea of the story was kinda dumb, but the way the story flows and the intelligence of everything, it can be pretty exciting.

that's what I thought at first.. death note killing people is just.. huh? but then I got hooked the moment I read it. LOL

I'm glad that the anime sticked to the manga storyline.

subbed Episode 37 is out~ >__< the last episode.. will watch it soon.
Labamba
How do u liked the last episode? I loved. Smile
McDucque
37 is out? Im up to 35... gotta finish it up now, I'm psyched Very Happy
votd
Last episode was BRILLIANT - I would say that Death Note in it's last episode was finally a worth horror, not just some criminal anime. It was very briliant and serious and mature! Better than any movie, interesting as hell.

And what's more - THERE WILL BE 38 EPISODE OF DEATH NOTE!

It will be a summary of the whole series and will air in summer in japanese "prime time" slot. I think it's true, but I don't know when will it air. I hope they will include the rest of the Death Note ending - as you know, anime differs from manga in episode number 37 - they didn't include the part where Near becomes the next L, and Matsuda and Ide shit talk about morality of killing Kira (whatever xD).
crimson_aria
The finale was changed a bit, but the main point's still there anyway. I LOVE IT. Death Note is one of my all time favorite anime.

votd wrote:

And what's more - THERE WILL BE 38 EPISODE OF DEATH NOTE!

It will be a summary of the whole series and will air in summer in japanese "prime time" slot. I think it's true, but I don't know when will it air. I hope they will include the rest of the Death Note ending - as you know, anime differs from manga in episode number 37 - they didn't include the part where Near becomes the next L, and Matsuda and Ide shit talk about morality of killing Kira (whatever xD).

WOW!! REALLY?! YAY!! another episode?! that's super nice!

I agree.. that part when they were talking about Kira etc.. I was looking for that in the last episode but they didn't show it.
Grahambel
Death Note is a beautiful.Good anime.I lake Death Note
votd
I would like to see Death Note ending version 2. Why? Because it was too much altered from manga. Let's see - first when Mikami attempts suicide, Light is opening the door and running away. In manga it was diffrent. He was talking with Ryuk. He begs him for writing Near and others name in the notebook and Ryuk tells him that he will do it. Light is acting like a winner again, but Ryuk shows him notebook. There's not Near and co. names, but Yagami Light only. Light is shocked. He screams for help, tells Ryuk to stop it. But Ryuk says only that Light isn't acting like his own self. He's losing it. He has lost.

Light screams for help, he says he don't have to die. But then, 40 seconds pass, and Light dies with "Shit" coming out from his mouth Wink. When he dies, his eyes are wide open. It's really terrific - read the manga :]. And then there are signs that was used in the anime in half of episode (All humans... blablabla).

And there was a scene with Near chosen as new L! It was much more brutal in manga, why didn't they show it in anime?

But still - episode 37 proves it - Death Note is still a horror Very Happy.
kram
Death Note is quite the awesome anime to watch. has an intense storyline but as it develops it seems to drag on too much.. introducing too many new characters made the series get boring.. only my thoguht..
QrafTee
kram wrote:
Death Note is quite the awesome anime to watch. has an intense storyline but as it develops it seems to drag on too much.. introducing too many new characters made the series get boring.. only my thoguht..

Nah, I think the problem was that not enough background information was given about the new characters such as Near and Mello. That reason alone made them not as memorable as L.
QrafTee
Tatica wrote:
Is realistic you have a book that you can choose who have to die?

Is it realistic that you become stronger which is shown by blond hair and teal eyes? Realistic that there are ninjas who are able to make clones of themselves or charge an electric current into their palm which allows them to pierce through the body of a human being?

Are you lost? Do you know where you are? This is Anime and Comics.
votd
Well after some thinking and watching some better anime than Death Note (There are better, believe me DN isn't that perfect either) it's time for final verdict.

I think the first part of Death Note (before the Ryuuzaki's death) is very good, realistic and breath-taking. But unfortunately, the next part of this anime is somewhat surrealistic. Near and Mello are completely torn up characters from DN world - they're not composing it well. And that Light and Takada conversations - I just couldn't believe Takada was such an idiot! It's just stupid and unrealistic to me! And the rest of time, Light spends on flitrting with girls and doing NOTHING with Death Note while Near is preparing a serious plan.

And his first mistake was to choose the person whom he will pass the power of DN - he chose Mikami Teru - he was shown on TV and he speak like an "kira fanatic". Everyone would guess that Mikami is the closest person to Kira - it's obvious! And he passed it on him, while he has been shown on TV - so he's apparently well known!
QrafTee
votd wrote:
Well after some thinking and watching some better anime than Death Note (There are better, believe me DN isn't that perfect either) it's time for final verdict.

I think the first part of Death Note (before the Ryuuzaki's death) is very good, realistic and breath-taking. But unfortunately, the next part of this anime is somewhat surrealistic. Near and Mello are completely torn up characters from DN world - they're not composing it well. And that Light and Takada conversations - I just couldn't believe Takada was such an idiot! It's just stupid and unrealistic to me! And the rest of time, Light spends on flitrting with girls and doing NOTHING with Death Note while Near is preparing a serious plan.

And his first mistake was to choose the person whom he will pass the power of DN - he chose Mikami Teru - he was shown on TV and he speak like an "kira fanatic". Everyone would guess that Mikami is the closest person to Kira - it's obvious! And he passed it on him, while he has been shown on TV - so he's apparently well known!

Well the last part of your statement is a little... mistaken. Mikami was shown on TV and spoke, yes. But it's widely accepted that other people got air time to speak as well. Some probably more "kira fanatic-like." Kira chose Mikami because he had the right balance of devotion, intelligence, and shared his sense of justice.
davidvip43
death note is great!!! but i think that bleach is better!!!! bueno eso es lo que yo creo en cuanto a accion, pero es mas real death note
QrafTee
Although they both involve Shinigamis, they're not comparable with one another... It's like comparing Hikaru no Go with One Piece; you can't do it.
Geminh
I really enjoyed Death Note from the beginning to the 2nd last episode. For some reason the ending wasn't to my liking. I'm not going to spoil it but although it was expected, I just hoped for a better one then the 1 I saw. I also watched the Death Note Movie with actual live characters. Although they changed it around and stuff, I enjoyed it a lot. The ending surprised me a lot because of a different way they did the ending compared to the manga and anime. To be honest I enjoyed it 20x more then it was only L + Light. Anyhow overall this anime has satisfied me due to the many thriller this anime offers and how well they used different tactics in order to do what they needed to do=p.
Chelissamow
I just finished watching the last two episodes yesterday. I didn't like the ending episode very much but I guess it was -alright-. There were so many surprises in the anime; Light was so smart to think of all of those things to overcome his rivals! But not smart enough, I suppose. xD
votd
Well, not smart enough - apparently xDDD. But it was to suppose. No one is perfect - and especially no one is perfect forever. Light was smart and cool, but he couldn't hide the Kira's presence forever. It was just not possible.
clydejaw
I haven't actually seen the deathnote anime version. Is the anime version similar to the movie? Does the main guy become evil and joins L to catch the new person who recieves the book?

Apparently the manga's better than the anime... but yeah =S..
pedrothelion
Hm, I thought I had a bunch of episodes on dvd but somehow they've disappeared.. I think I watched one or two episodes but never really got into it..

How many episodes have been made thus far?
Sitckd
I enjoyed watching Death Note, it's my second favourite anime. I think Light owns!
QrafTee
pedrothelion wrote:
Hm, I thought I had a bunch of episodes on dvd but somehow they've disappeared.. I think I watched one or two episodes but never really got into it..

How many episodes have been made thus far?

All 37 episodes are out, rumors say the 38th (alternate [Manga] ending) episode should come out soon.
Pebbles
Iv been reading some Death note recently, just a few chapters on the internet Wink its really good so far >3
votd
I've watched Death Note Episode 38 (it's not really episode 38, you can't name it like that, because it's Death Note:R to be precise and it's Director's Cut version of Death Note) and it's, well... not bad. But I will tell you about it precisely:

- It's basically Death Note 1-25 in a short version. It contains a small opening scene showing Ryuk in Death God World - but after episode 37. It's not a big deal - I won't spoil here, and then we get retrospection.

What is new in retrospection?:
Basically from first view it's a episode 1-25 in shorter version - some cuts, new dialogues, and some new OST tracks are shown. Then, we get absolutely NEW scene showing Light going into Ryuzaki's "mansion" - it's almost identical in that weird glass room shown in the 2nd opening ("What's up people") so it's pretty new. And what's more, when we get to Higuchi - when there's porsche chase we can hear Zetsubou Billy playing - that's cool. And okay, there are some more scenes (I haven't watched the whole movie, because it's almost identical) and in the end - there's an ABSOLUTELY new scene showing Ryuzaki's funreal (!!). Then when Light is praying at his grave and everyone leaves him alone, he starts doing absurd things - he kneels before the grave like an awful parody of a dog and starts shouting that he won against L. And then, we are seeing that Light had become new god of this world ruled by Kira.

And what's more? After a short scene we're seeing dusty old Ryuk's Death Note with Yagami Light name written in it, and then it's the end. There's some kind of "ending" - but that's only usual staff roll like in most movies followed by "Arumina" ("Alumina") song sung by Nightmare (1st ending).

What is to note:
- It's avalible only as RAW - you won't find it on BitTorrent quickly, I've got it from the japanese P2P - share itself.
- It aired in Full HD - it's very surprising to see Death Note in such beautiful quality - and it's not an upscale!

Sorry if I spoiled, but it isn't a big deal. Special is worth 2 hours and 10 minutes of watching (excluding commercials, with commercials it's 3 hours in total, as they presented it).

It aired on NTV, 31 August, on 19:57 (If I'm not wrong). Maybe someone will sub it and release it, but not for sure. Personally I think no one will sub it, because of the Viz stupid license, fools!
patriot
Death Note is a good anime, but going as far to say it's better than bleach , I'd have to disagree. It's cool and all but I've read the manga so many times I get bored of the plot quickly. While Bleach for me is new and interesting.
Sarcas
Read both manga and watched the series, personally i found the manga better, mainly the ending, i geuss they didnt want light to scream like a gurl in the anime Confused
votd
Death Note:R isn't subbed yet, but it's great suplement to the series with many omakes. To those who haven't watched it - watch it RAW - because it's basically the same, but better. Without Near and Mello surrealistic plots. I've heard Kuro-Hana is subbing it. They're 90% with translations, but nevertheless, they haven't got done typesetting or timing or what. They're delaying it because they haven't got time now. Sucks! And it's very well done HD upscale.
Tatsumaru
I'm almost done with the anime: just 4 or 5 episodes to go... it's gonna suck to see it end because it's so great haha. Definitely one of my favorites, and that's pretty unusual for me (seeing as I usually like anime with swords and fighting-action, set back in time Very Happy).
YagamiRaito
I found in this topic that some of you tried to compare DN to Bleach. They are both interesting but in very different styles. I wanted to ask you which seinen mangas or animes are interesting you now. Personally its really hard for me to appreciate new ones after discovering DN or Samuraï Champloo.
gemara
hi there, i have just get the manga but i don't know but if read the manga or watch the tv version first, can u give me some advise?
votd
I'd say read the manga and watch TV series at once, because they are similiar in many ways (but not identical). At least I can say - the same story, but a BIT diffrent ending (the dialogues are the same, but scene is diffrent), so you can do both at the same time. But remember - reading manga is more enjoying than watching anime - trust me ;] If you can buy all volumes, I'm jealous because here in Poland we have 2 volumes only (yet... they're still releasing) or even one volume (I just don't get interested in what our publishing companies takes to publish - only manga is good. DVDs here are just crap - both for quality and sub quality.).

So, the choice is yours. Both are mind-blowing and interesting.
gemara
votd wrote:
I'd say read the manga and watch TV series at once, because they are similiar in many ways (but not identical). At least I can say - the same story, but a BIT diffrent ending (the dialogues are the same, but scene is diffrent), so you can do both at the same time. But remember - reading manga is more enjoying than watching anime - trust me ;] If you can buy all volumes, I'm jealous because here in Poland we have 2 volumes only (yet... they're still releasing) or even one volume (I just don't get interested in what our publishing companies takes to publish - only manga is good. DVDs here are just crap - both for quality and sub quality.).

So, the choice is yours. Both are mind-blowing and interesting.

OK, I'll take the advice, but i'll try reading the volume 1 first.
See you then, I'll comment about it later.
QrafTee
votd wrote:
Death Note:R isn't subbed yet, but it's great suplement to the series with many omakes. To those who haven't watched it - watch it RAW - because it's basically the same, but better. Without Near and Mello surrealistic plots. I've heard Kuro-Hana is subbing it. They're 90% with translations, but nevertheless, they haven't got done typesetting or timing or what. They're delaying it because they haven't got time now. Sucks! And it's very well done HD upscale.

I can't wait to get Death Note: R... after I get a new computer (my place got broken into and my laptop AND desktop got jacked which explains why my Points are so low). But since it's done in HD, it's probably going to take awhile to get... and a pretty good computer to watch it.
crimson_aria
oh, I didn't know there's a Death Note: R. I will be waiting for the subs.
blk3
I'm currently watching the anime series right now i'm on episode 6. Although I've watched the 2 live action movies first, I still decided to watch the anime series as I want more elaboration on the storyline. Maybe I'll read the manga too after watching the anime series. The art style of the anime is quite good and very detailed, the storyline is quite good too, I might say its not for the average anime fun who thirst for action scenes as this aniime is more on the thinking side.
Tatsumaru
I saw the ending a few days ago, I was shocked haha. I hoped for something else but I can't say I didn't see it coming. It was nice though, really left me thinking. No spoilers though Smile

Excellent series, definitely one of my favorites. It's also the first anime of which I've witnessed every episode from until the end (I was a big DBZ fan back in the day but I missed a lot of the last saga) - and man, it was the first time I was really HOOKED. Great characters, awesome plot and plotswitches, sad ending. Too bad stuff has to come to and end end haha Razz
votd
Well after some time Death Note doesn't appear to be perfect - but it's still one of the best animes there are out there. Especially when it comes to plot and story overall. But I don't really like the part with Mello and Near. It's just too surrealistic to me, and not believable. L was the best after all.

Check Tokyotosho.org - there's an subbed version of Death Note:R from some group, but I don't remember their name. And yeah, Kuro-Hana is subbing it now, but they have stalled it for a bit (they haven't got much time). And one more thing - Death Note:R isn't licensed right now, so you can download it freely (I don't think it would be licensed).

BTW - some time in November (in a few days) you'll get (well, I'm not from US, I'm from Poland you know;d) Death Note Vol.1 DVD US Release from Viz. Apparently this release would be worse than orginal japanese 2.0. Why? It's obvious. Viz like to make shit from perfect source, but it still will kick ass so don't worry ;]. And I don't like those "448kbps -> 192kbps" audio downsample ;/. Let's hope it will be DVD9 ;].

But at least the cover is the same... well, almost ;] expect for those nasty VIZ MEDIA logos. I suggest import - there are no subs but it's just better ;].
blehman
Besides some yaoi animes which my friends made me watch....Death Note was my first and absolute favorite anime/manga!!!! It was amazing....got me entirely into the whole anime/manga phase...which i will never drop out of lol
votd
I've loled all over the place when I saw that screen of the movie "L - Change the World" showing L in some sort of a bicycle with child in package xD.

Death Note was continued! The new, special chapter had arosen. You can check it on the net. It feature 3 years after Light was killed by Ryuk using Death Note. It seems that the next KiRA is out there, but it seems that he wasn't strong-willed enough and killed himself with note, because he was not able to kill again and again. Well, Light and others were special.
Sparda
I haven't really found a manga around my area, but I love the anime. I wasn't really much of an anime fan until I watched Death Note. After watching Death Note, I started watching so many other animes. Death Note is still my favorite anime though, even though L ended up dieing in the middle episode. A friend of mine says I am kinda like the character L. I like to sit down the same way he does. It's just a comfortable way to sit.
QrafTee
Sparda wrote:
I haven't really found a manga around my area, but I love the anime. I wasn't really much of an anime fan until I watched Death Note. After watching Death Note, I started watching so many other animes. Death Note is still my favorite anime though, even though L ended up dieing in the middle episode. A friend of mine says I am kinda like the character L. I like to sit down the same way he does. It's just a comfortable way to sit.

I believe you're supposed to put a spoiler warning when you... spoil something as big as... the status of L.
Pikokola
QrafTee wrote:
Sparda wrote:

I believe you're supposed to put a spoiler warning when you... spoil something as big as... the status of L.

I think spoilling a series which already out about more than 6 months are not that bad... and just "x will die" is not a really big sin, they still could think and guessing how did x die.

IMO. Death note are just a so-so anime, the manga too. Just enough for killing some time, not a must have or memorable series.
keit
Deathnote's story is separated two parts.

light vs L story so good!!

but, vs Near story , i dont like part of all....

this story lacks thrill of brain battle.
rufa
I enjoyed Death Note alot.
It was interesting and fun to watch (ye, gotta read thorugh the manga some time too). Used to sit up late at night watching several episodes in a row thinking "kk, just one more..!" Razz.

I agree that the L vs Light story was more fun than L vs Near, but they were both nice.. but L is just so cool ;D.
dangermind
i like deathnote Smile its an anime where you nee dto think alot Very Happy but when L died.. i started to get bored so i stoppt watching the episodes.. and the movies are great to Smile
QrafTee
dangermind wrote:
i like deathnote Smile its an anime where you nee dto think alot Very Happy but when L died.. i started to get bored so i stoppt watching the episodes.. and the movies are great to Smile

So you never finished the whole series? At least watch the Director's Cut, it doesn't sum everything up like the series did, but at least is rushes the whole Near v. Light thing.
MunMun2o2o
I did not finish the whole series ....I cant see how L die.....So sad....
crimson_aria
MunMun2o2o wrote:
I did not finish the whole series ....I cant see how L die.....So sad....

I lost tons of interest in it after that depressing thing happened. but I continued cause a large part of my interest was still present. watch til the end, it's still fun. ^_^
QrafTee
L was the man. Other than that weird part with the feet thing... he's all cool. What was with the feet thing anyway? Confused
tcfblade
alternative for ones dont like much of fights and "radukens",
and very interesting theme...

i realy liked it,

"L rules" Wink...
medievalman26
It is a great anime that is for sure, but for me it became less interesting and more repetitive once they killed off L.
princemac
wow I love death note, how do they come with this this stuff, i mean all the twists and turns, when you think L is wining light comes up with this out of the world plan and when you think Light is wining L comes back with a left hook, I haven't finished the series yet I got side tracked by Naruto I'm at episode 13 of the 31 episodes.

Awsome anime!!
MunMun2o2o
I heard that anime but i dont know what volume has totally 6 DeathNote (God of Death)
Is it true????
nivre
i just watch till L died. I haven't watch and read the manga from which M and N investigate Kira(Light) but mostly, i can buy the DVD sooner to watch the full movie. Hope So
votd
There will be a new Director's Cut in the summer, so Death Note boom in media seems to be continuing, but the idea was too long even for 37 episodes. I guess first part (25 episodes) was better than second part, but still it's the best anime in the few years with original storyline. Also the anime was done almost perfectly, since it's Mad House job! God, their animation changed so dramatically past those few years. Look at Trigun and compare it with DN. So diffrent.

As for DVDs I suggest R2J. They are superior from R1, even when they don't have subtitles on it. Maybe it's not a huge diffrence but always. At least they have bigger bitrate for video, as well as audio (448kbps 2.0 AC3 in case of R2J).
blk3
I watched the animated series and also the first 2 live action movies. I haven't read the manga yet and I haven't watched the latest movie L: Change the World. I'd say its a fun to watch. The idea of a notebook that can kill people just by writing their names on it has been very original to me.
mewmewlazlo
I've read all tewelve volumes of the manga, it is the first manga i ever finished reeeading all the way thought. I've want to see the show on Cartoon Network. When reading the books it was so hard to keep from screaming at the characters in the book. Light and L, the author did a freat job on the storyline.
crimson_aria
blk3 wrote:
The idea of a notebook that can kill people just by writing their names on it has been very original to me.

When I first read about how the story goes, I thought the idea is stupid. I mean, death by writing names on a notebook? x/ but I was hooked as soon as I read the first chapter. It really is very original. Also the protagonist being the antagonist theme. Love it.
Jemstone
I love Death Note completely for what it is. Not comparing it to anything else or asking any 'what ifs.' I'm a big fan of animation, and that is what originally got me hooked. And the relationships between the characters. So interesting. Especially Ryuk and Light. I first saw Ryuk and I remember thinking, 'What..?' Then I jumped in to find a really great story. I'm still debating which character I'd call my favorite. ^_^ L or Ryuk.. hm. IL. Just, L. Love him.
zeroburnrox
L was the best charchter in Death note.. But he DIED.. Evil or Very Mad
That was the worst part of the series...
JoshuAAR
I only recently found death note, and it is probably the only Anime i have ever watched and liked. Its just got such a great story line that continuously develops and transforms as you get deeper and deeper into the story.

Like pretty much everyone else in the world who likes death note, i was almost turned away form it when L died, but powering through just to see how things turned out was worth it.

The art and animation used in Death Note is amazing, and is probably one of the other huge reasons of why i enjoy it so much. So far i have only watched the Anime series and I'm yet to watch the movies or read the Manga, maybe one day Very Happy
Zxeo
Death Note is my favorite Manga/Anime EVER, to bad it ended.

I would have to say my favorite character is Near by far. I personally hate the way the movies were.

The only thing they had right was that Ryuk killed Light. I was hoping they would at least show Near in the movie but noooo.

Oh and BTW nice to meet some more Death Note fans.
QrafTee
Zxeo wrote:
Death Note is my favorite Manga/Anime EVER, to bad it ended.

I would have to say my favorite character is Near by far. I personally hate the way the movies were.

The only thing they had right was that Ryuk killed Light. I was hoping they would at least show Near in the movie but noooo.

Oh and BTW nice to meet some more Death Note fans.

Well there's a reason why Near and Mello never made it in the movie. The movie is only approx. 2 hours long and when you look at the big picture of Death Note, Near and Mello only appear at the very end... wrapping something up that L took a lot of screen time setting up.
wonderline
I love L?
He's so cuute. x)
iskwating
when i watched this deathnote i get lss in "sakujo!! sakujo!! sakujo!!"

Laughing
bogger
I've only started watching it myself, but what I'm seeing so far, I'm liking ^.^
Mrs Lycos
I love L Very Happy
And Ligth is too much cool! xD
I like it! {:
Blissgene
Yeah, totally agree with the host. DN is just like the plot design of Prison Break Season 1. Always keeps your level of adrenalin high. Haha.
luan176
Death Note and Maximum the Hormone make a really good combination

wow

xp

Shocked

abs
jakon
KuroFalcon
I loved death note but when L died the series sorta died too.
agudosnet
I love the Death Note manga ^_^
Kirara
Yes I like so much.
amperx
i agree that deathnote is really cool and great, the animation was good, the manga had a very nice drawing style, really detailed but i disagree about it being better the bleach and the wumpies xd
Chaya
Yes I like so much.
Zombie
This was a terrific series! However, I quit watching once SOMEONE died Shocked
Horizon
You'll need to be specific as to who died ^^.

But yes, after L died it just became less and less thrilling. A new threat appearing seems kinda boring.. a bunch of stuff was just done to get rid of the first threat. So if there's a new one, there's just gonna be more time wasted. And then the main character dies. Very disappointing.
shamankiing
i like death note also... if i can have tht book, really cool man Cool
ato784
Deathnote ROCKS!!! LOL!!!

The show was awesome and I wish it could have continued, but it had to end. I still hate Near and Mello....They destroyed one of the best shows in the history of anime. Almost every one knows that light would have never have lost to such bumbling pedestrian characters.
Zombie
This is a great series, I just wish it was as long as bleach, and maybe with less tragic deaths.
ato784
Deathnote is an awesome anime/ manga/ etc. I have not read the manga, but I am sure that i will eventually get to it... the ending was very sad, but I saw it coming. the live action movie was ok, but i wish that they kept it a bit closer to the orginal. there is an american version coming out (i think) which I hope will be good, but i know that it will not be.
gazaraki
DEATH NOTE IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST. i only started reading manga because of it. i just absolutely went for light. light was the best caharacter. the fact that a kid beat him just too bad. light is soooo awesome. i cant believe ryuk killed him. i always thought there was a side plan for light. but noooo. stupid Near. i wish light won.
QrafTee
gazaraki wrote:
DEATH NOTE IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST. i only started reading manga because of it. i just absolutely went for light. light was the best caharacter. the fact that a kid beat him just too bad. light is soooo awesome. i cant believe ryuk killed him. i always thought there was a side plan for light. but noooo. stupid Near. i wish light won.

Um... Ryuk told Light from the beginning that he would probably be the one who takes his life.
PleoMaster
I love death note im not to sure about the cartoon but the movie is frikken awesome, deffinitly worth a watch ill continue watching the cartoon since i aint seen many episodes.
popoG2040
make sure u watch anime/ and watch the movies as well,t here an anime movie too....
Stanley9811
I honestly think it ended the wrong way I never wanted Light to die. But then again, I suppose it had to end somehow. After L dies however the plot became a little unstable and Near did not really make a very strong lead “good guy” Milo had more personality but was also more “imperfect” so I am led to believe that once L died the Author decided he needed to wrap things up just a little too fast. Death Note was one of those Anime that I wish had over a hundred episodes...

Sad Why did it have to end like that I wanted to see Light take over the world.
sierramultimedia
Watched the live action movies and really liked both of them but not yet had the chance to watch the anime yet.
ericfrata
If anybody know portuguese... here is the best brazilian site about death note...

http://www.deathproject.com/

Cya, bye
upenggsoc
..death note rocks! especially L, the eye bug boy.. LOL.. he,s a genius in solving crimes.. and also N.. he finished what L has started..
sum12nv
death note is weird cause a notebook that kills anyones name in it? thats impossible but as an anime it is really good.
ato784
I believe that Deathnote is way better than Bleach, the humor and seriousness most of all, bleach has its strong points (mostly its size), but i find often that its humor is a bit stupid and aimed towards kids way more than deathnote. besides the story of deathnote is just flat out better since it deals with morals, the ulitimate plot.
amperx
deathnote was good manga, i especially liked the artwork, although the plot was predictable its was still good.
QrafTee
ato784 wrote:
I believe that Deathnote is way better than Bleach, the humor and seriousness most of all, bleach has its strong points (mostly its size), but i find often that its humor is a bit stupid and aimed towards kids way more than deathnote. besides the story of deathnote is just flat out better since it deals with morals, the ulitimate plot.
Two way different manga... and the sheer length of the two definitely favors Death Note since it actually resolves.
Baka_Desu
Death Note is a good manga, the movie was different but i still liked it. Very good series in general. Very Happy
belo-dc-laptop
I love Deathnote but i don't like Near and Mello. How come they managed to outwit KIRA? L is also my favorite I prefer him better than those 2 kids. L and kira, a perfect match up.
iman
it's good, the plot is better than normal anime.
At least, Light's way of thinking makes sense.
paskifire
L is so ma-L! Razz
r4inm4ker
I only watched the movie versions. The story is quite interesting, and the characters are well-acted. The CGI seems abit off though, I'm not sure whether it's intentional or not. Haven't have a time to watch the anime series.