FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google app

pashmina
Quote:
Changing Mail Exchange (MX) records
Mail Exchange (MX) records control how incoming email is routed for your domain. Before Google can host your email, you'll need to change these MX records to point to our servers.

If your domain already has email addresses, please be careful changing MX records. To avoid disruption in email service, be sure to create the same set of user accounts with the control panel before changing your MX records Learn more.

If you're not ready to change your MX records yet, use the temporary email address (<username>@www.tetrade.com.np.test-google-a.com) assigned to your user accounts when you create them. The temporary email address will be deactivated once you change the MX records. You must also verify domain ownership before using any Google Apps.
1. Sign in to your domain hosting company's website using the username and password associated with your domain.
2. Navigate to an MX record maintenance page. MX records are special DNS (Domain Name Service) records, and are often located under sections titled "DNS Management," "Mail Server Configuration," or "Name Server Management." You may need to turn on advanced settings to allow editing of these MX records.
3. Delete any existing MX records before entering new MX records.
4. For each MX record, enter information according to the entries in the following table.
You may not be allowed to enter the priority values exactly as they appear in the table below; in that case, simply ensure that the server addresses are prioritized in the same order as they appear in the table. (i.e. The priority ranking [1, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 5] should work just as well as [1, 5, 5, 10, 10, 10, 10] so long as you keep the addresses in the right order.)

If you're asked to specify the type of each record you're adding, enter "MX".

MX records often require the specific format of DNS records, including a trailing dot (".") at the end of any full-qualified domain names (e.g. "server.example.com.")

Set any TTL values to the maximum allowed.

MX Server address Priority
ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 1
ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 5
ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 5
ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10
ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10
ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10
ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10

does anybody know how to do this?
ravi_9793
hey...if u have Cpanel hosting..
than there is option to modifylike "Modify Mail Exchanger (MX Entry)"

click on that...than u will be asked " Change MX Entry".....
there u enter the new MX.

thats all I khow Smile
manumiglani
Frihost does not allow changing of MX records. You can do that with your domain registrar.
Animal
You need to change the DNS settings with your domain registrar (where you bought www.tetrade.com.np). If you can not do this, you can change your DNS settings with a third party like EveryDNS.

There are far more details in this thread.
pashmina
Animal wrote:
You need to change the DNS settings with your domain registrar (where you bought www.tetrade.com.np). If you can not do this, you can change your DNS settings with a third party like EveryDNS.

There are far more details in this thread.

Anyway thank you for informing.
pashmina
a total mess, animal can you help me with this. my domain control panel doesn't allow any of those settings.
and another thing i have miss register my domain in google app, i.e. **@www.tetrade.com.np instead of **@tetrade.com.np so how can i change it, and also i have registered in EveryDNS.
so i am totally confused with it. if you are willing to do it for me, i will PM you my hosting details.
Animal
pashmina wrote:
so i am totally confused with it. if you are willing to do it for me, i will PM you my hosting details.

I could take a look at it for you - please PM me the username. password and login information for your domain registrar and for EveryDNS.
pashmina
sure.. i have PM'd you
Animal
pashmina wrote:
sure.. i have PM'd you

Ok, I've made most of the settings changes for you. Please check your PM - I need you to make one change yourself. Once this change is made, Google Apps should be working with your email without any problems.
pashmina
thank you PM received.
cosmain7
hi there.
I have just sent my webhosting request. and I use google apps so I need to add a cname record and MX entry. Besides, i have a domain name and I wanna set it to this hosting (in case its accepted).
Animal
cosmain7 wrote:
hi there.
I have just sent my webhosting request. and I use google apps so I need to add a cname record and MX entry. Besides, i have a domain name and I wanna set it to this hosting (in case its accepted).

You are able to use your domain name with Frihost, however you will need to make the changes to the MX records in the DNS settings of your domain registrar's control panel since Frihost doesn't give you access to DNS settings directly.

For instructions on configuring Google Apps, see this post.
prole
Just a little confused... I signed up for Google Apps only today. Looks like Google is able to somewhat host websites in certain ways. That's cool.

What I'm wondering actually is if the all the procedures are the same if your MX records are for example set for either mail.XXX.com or just XXX.com? I'm not sure because I didn't designate any subdomain for my MX records. Hope didn't do anything wrong...
Animal
prole wrote:
What I'm wondering actually is if the all the procedures are the same if your MX records are for example set for either mail.XXX.com or just XXX.com? I'm not sure because I didn't designate any subdomain for my MX records. Hope didn't do anything wrong...

No - the instructions provided by Google allow you to set up emails @yourdomain.com - if you want to sent mail from @mail.yourdomain.com you will need to configure seperate MX settings for the subdomain. Generally, the default settings will work fine.