FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Outlook Mobile Help

heady233
I am having so much trouble using my new Pocket PC's Pocket Outlook program to get my email. I setup everything exactly like it is on my PC. The problem is when I try to receive my email it prompts for my user name, password, and DOMAIN. I got the username and password part down, but what is the domain. I have tried mail.the-yeah-gang.com and the-yeah-gang.com but neither work. Could someone with a Pocket Pc help me out here?
badai
leave it blank. just make sure the username, password, incoming, outgoing and internet connection is correct.
heady233
badai wrote:
leave it blank. just make sure the username, password, incoming, outgoing and internet connection is correct.
Everything is correct, yet it still insists on me typing my username, password, and domain. My internet is fine. Maybe pocket outlook won't support Frihost. Anyone have an idea here?
badai
if your device require you to fill in the domain before you can proceed to set the incoming/outgoing page, maybe you should check their website for upgrade ROM. obviously there is serious bug with your device.

pocket outlook will support any pop/imap server.

maybe you can put screen cap of your device here. what device are you using, and what OS?

you can also google for alternative mail client to use with your device.
heady233
badai wrote:
if your device require you to fill in the domain before you can proceed to set the incoming/outgoing page, maybe you should check their website for upgrade ROM. obviously there is serious bug with your device.

pocket outlook will support any pop/imap server.

maybe you can put screen cap of your device here. what device are you using, and what OS?

you can also google for alternative mail client to use with your device.

I am using the hx2495 Pocket PC with Windows Mobile 5 installed. http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/215348-215348-64929-314903-3329746-421399.html

EDIT: I fixed the problem by switching to Google Apps for your domain.
heady233
Now I've switched back to Frihost mail but I'm having the problem described in this thread: http://www.directadmin.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2453.html

Everything connects but it says:
Quote:
Messages cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure that you are connected and that your e-mail account settings are correct. Then, try to download the messages again.

I'm on the DirectAdmin Server (2).