FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Actionscript - Load page into another frame - HELP PLEASE!

kevinalle
Hi,
my question is really easy, but I really dond know how to solve it:
I have a flash animation in a webpage; all I need is a button that loads an HTML (or PHP) page into an iframe that is right next to the flash.
(the iframe could be replaced by a frameset).
I would also like, if possible, not to use fscommand, but if there is a solution it is welcome!
Thanks!
m-productions
if you are using flash 8 (and before....just not sure how much before) put this command on your button

Code:

on (press) {
getURL("yoursite", "_iframename");
}

if you wish to have more info on this, just use the "help" in flash, it is the best source of help ever when it comes to flash, dont underestemate it.

Quote:

getURL(url:String, window:String,)

window:String [optional] - A parameter specifying the name, frame, or expression that specifies the window or HTML frame that the document is loaded into. You can also use one of the following reserved target names: _self specifies the current frame in the current window, _blank specifies a new window, _parent specifies the parent of the current frame, and _top specifies the top-level frame in the current window
kevinalle
Yes, until that point I knew, but I dont know for what reason, it always loads into a new window...
I think there is a problem in flash 8, which makes it always open in a new window...
Any clues?
Thanks
m-productions
are you sure your using the correct name of your frame....?
and are you using " " around the name? also, some people have found out that it will not work when testing it on their computer, but when they upload their files to a server and try , it works... ive never had this problem, but its worth a try.
mothmann
i dont think you place an underscore before the name of the iframe. i could be wrong tho.
m-productions
no, you only place the _ if thats in the iframes name, i just placed the _ because thats how i name all my frames _leftbanner _mainarea and such is how i name mine.
kevinalle
OK, thanks.
I will have to try that then.
Tell you if there is any problem