FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Website submission

esioquim
How many days do webcrawlers index a site after submission?
Diebels
It can be 20times a day
manumiglani
esioquim wrote:
How many days do webcrawlers index a site after submission?

It can crawl as quick as within 24 hours or may take 20 days as well.
lerian
I never submitted my sites to search engine. Just try to get links from other website. It can be your other site that has been indexed by SE, or get links from other website. The easiest way is using forum signature. Join several forums and place your link on your signature. Don't post your link, it's spam, just put it on your signature, and post regularly. Spiders tent to crawl forums fast since forum is always updated with new posts.
mawia
Sounds simple but how do I paste my website link in my signature on any forum. I have not done this and would like to know. In joining any forum I used to enter only my username and password so I am not aware of this signature thing. Please help.
manumiglani
mawia wrote:
Sounds simple but how do I paste my website link in my signature on any forum. I have not done this and would like to know. In joining any forum I used to enter only my username and password so I am not aware of this signature thing. Please help.

Quote:
To add a signature to a post you must first create one; this is done via your profile. Once created you can check the Add Signature box on the posting form to add your signature. You can also add a signature by default to all your posts by checking the appropriate radio box in your profile. You can still prevent a signature being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box on the posting form.

Source
bukaida
Just edit your profile signature and add your link over there.
SoftStag
Submitting websites is pretty much a waste of time. Get links to your site and the search engines will find you. If a site is not accessible from other sites then they are unlikely to list you, and if they do it won't be for long and your site will appear way down the search results.

To get links, subscribe to forums, and put your link in you signature. Some forums (like this one), use the nofollow attribute so won't help, you need to check this out. Also submit your site to free web directories (again check for the use of nofollow). You can also join link exchanges like linkmetro.com and contact other webmasters to exchange links.