You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you think Beckham did the right thing by joining LA Galaxy?
 55%  [ 5 ]
 11%  [ 1 ]
Not Sure
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

I am sure you all know about David Beckham (Footie fans should!). Well I opened this topic so we all can just discuss about this metro footbaler who has just taken the football world by storm.

Just 2 weeks ago LA galaxy FC just announced that Beckham shall be playing football for them for the next 5 years. Beckham will be netting a total of $250,000,000 to add to his $60,000,000 personal fortune.

Lucky Dog.

LA galaxy just clearly hope he can fill seats, bring excitement, upclass the sport in the U.S. and maybe improve the players around him. That sounds like a great idea, really. At 31 the man is not, as some would say, hopelessly over the hill.

No, what's shocking is this quote from the story in the BBS news..

According the BBC news....

And Beckham revealed that he had spoken to actor Tom Cruise about his decision to move to the US.

"I was on the phone to him (Cruise) for about an hour last night (Thursday) and an hour the night before," said Beckham.

"Obviously I asked him for his advice because he is a very wise man and a very good friend of mine. It's going to be a big help for us to have friends when we arrive in LA."

Now that's pretty insane.
All I have to say about that is: What a greedy little f/ck*r... Rolling Eyes

...and if he isn't the best player in the american soccer league then I will laugh my ass of! Laughing
Yes, his decision was absolutely correct. Looking at his career, we can see that Beckham is at the verge of retirement and there is nothing better than to help raise the level of football or called it Soccer in American shore. This the best decision he has made so far... Go Beckham..
I think the decision as right Razz I don't like him, so I will not see he on television :d
I don't know, I'm not an MLS fan by all means. At the same time, I don't think Beckahm is as good as many like to think. I think he is overrated, and I think what has to do with it is the publicity. There is a movie named "bend it like beckahm" (lol). I've heard some people say that no one curves the ball like him; they haven't see him play a game, but they've seen the movie. All this publicity, has made his name, BIG. Yet he is as good as any other professional player, and I would argue that he does not have the best curved balls. To me, paying him millions of dollars to get his name into the MLS, sounds like a desperate cry for attention, but it might just work. A lot of people probably expect him to kick serious butt in the MLS, but I have a feeling that he wont be much different from the rest. Now I do think that it will get people in America more interested about soccer though, which I think is a good thing.
For his Football Career, I don't think it was a good decision.
BUT, for himself, maybe a Hollywood career(and for his wife) it does very well.
He will get very big amount of money - But I don't think it was the main reason for his decision.

We will see if he did a good decision or not.
Anything to get him and his matchstick wife off my TV screen for even a short while. He can go harrass the yanks with his weekly hair style.
yes now the yanks have to deal with the plonker.
I hope he's coming here for the money and not with the intention to make soccer matter here. Soccer has never caught on here like it has the rest of the world, so I suspect that trend will continue. Beckham's wife will recieve more press then he will.

It might grab attention the first few weeks, but it'll die faster than the Spice girls.