FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

UK Top Gear Back tonight - the Hamster has landed!

Captain Fertile
Ahhh what a relief it was tonight to see the welcome return of Top Gear to our TV screens. The best show on British TV is back and the best threesome since Dannii Minogue, Kylie and Paris Hilton in my latest dream, returned to the BBC.

I can now stop hammering YouTube to watch the old clips, caravan holiday, hydrocars etc etc. A whole bunch of new stuff is now on the telly – hooray!

What a great site to see Richard Hammond back to health and punching his full weight (all six stone and five feet of it).

I am sure all Top Gear fans will be looking forward to Sunday nights for the next few weeks. Notice I said Top Gear fans and not petrol heads. I am no huge fan of cars as it goes but I appreciate a damn funny programme and three brilliant presenters when I see them.

Those presenters being, the most opinionated person in the world Jeremy Clarkson (my idol), the perfect foil to his barbed utterances Richard (I have not had my teeth whitened) Hammond and the cool, calm and bewildered James (Captain Slow) May.

I watch the programme for the comedy and Jeremy Clarkson’s latest poisonous attack on something or someone we hold dear but it is good that I can also now tell a Porsche from a porch.

Apologies to those outside the UK who have no idea what I am talking about but Top Gear is a British Institution and long may she reign.
teko
damn I missed this episode, was it any good? was the hamster back to his old self??
Captain Fertile
The first episode was great and he is just as he always was. It showed you the crash plenty of times and Hammond says the only difference between before and after the accident is that he now LIKES celery but before the accident he did not.

Also, if you miss the Sunday show (as I did tonight Evil or Very Mad) it is repeated on Wednesdays I believe.
teko
didnt know they repeated it on Wednesdays too, ah well will know for the future.

Last nights episode was pretty good
Octaeder
I didn't think last weeks was up to par with the first episode of the series. And I don't mean because of the crash. I just didn't think the main feature was anywhere near as good as the 'try and lay a road in one day.'

Still that could go down as one of the best Top Gear features ever.

Interesting to note that Top Gear beat the Big Brother final in the Uk ratings!
rein
Just so you know; the appreciation for Top Gear reaches far beyond the UK borders.
Top Gear is -in my opinion- the only programme about cars that a non car freak -like myself- can watch and enjoy. It's so nicely shot and edited. It's original too, dares to question what companies say about their cars. And most of all; so incredibly funny.
Captain Fertile
rein wrote:
Just so you know; the appreciation for Top Gear reaches far beyond the UK borders.
Top Gear is -in my opinion- the only programme about cars that a non car freak -like myself- can watch and enjoy. It's so nicely shot and edited. It's original too, dares to question what companies say about their cars. And most of all; so incredibly funny.

EXACTLY! This is why I watch it - as I mentioned before I am no petrol head but I enjoy comedy and some of the comic sketches produced by the feckles three and Top Gear Dog too of course are classic comedy moments. Okay so they are often as tightly scripted as any BBC drama but they are just good fun and make the world of cars accessible to many more people than other shows of this type.

Its not hosted by wide-boys and super trendy boy racers, its hosted by three guys who wind each other up and make us titter while they do it.

And of course it allows Jeremy Clarkson screen time to air his festering views that would be banned from all TV screens if they ever appeared in a part political broadcast!

The man is a wonder! And he is backed up by two great comrades so different from each other as to beggar belief.

More please Aunty Beeb!