FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

can we run asp pages

anshu
Hi,
I am newbie on your site, and please help me regarding asp pages.
I have seen some where DirectAdmin control panel also support "asp page".
Do Your server support asp pages.
MrBlueSky
Frihost uses the Apache webserver which does not support ASP (Only Microsoft server-solutions come with ASP)
anshu
hi,
If i am not wrong,

This the wordings of a user : url http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=ad7e16df79148665437aea38fc0755bf&postid=71863

Quote:
pakshells : Direct admin doesnt support asp language. need to install some plugin. where i can find please help me

jamin1317 : But if you insist on putting ASP on a *nix box check out http://www.sun.com/software/chilisoft/index.xml

Is chillisoft asp possible to run.
MrBlueSky
Hey, thanx, I never heard of this ASP-solution from Sun. It would be interesting if it was free. If it was I would install it on my desktop PC to experiment with ASP.

Given it's not free and ASP support is not mentioned on the frontpage of frihost I don't think it is installed.

But maybe a moderator or admin can give you (us) more info about whether there is some support for ASP @ frihost or if there will be in the (near) future. Would be very nice Very Happy
Scorpio
Frankly speaking, I am quite convinced that Bondings would never implement ASP on Frihost at any stage.
Reasons:
1. It costs, whether it is a plugin or not and Bondings does not exactly have lots of funds or the time.

2. Few people use it. Most feel very comfortable with PHP and PHP is very versatile indeed. ASP is not quite necessary and it certainly will not bring any advantages to Frihost seeing that most people prefer working on something that is free and easy to use like PHP

3. For all you know having both on the same server may cause instability.
And looking at the present state of Server 2, doing this would be a sure shot way of sending server 2 to its grave.

You can very well look elsewhere if you are particular on ASP
mathiaus
There is currently no ASP support at Frihost and there are no plans for it in the immediate future. This has been discussed several times already, please search the forum for more information on it.
-close-