FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dreamcast...

nicksp
Does anybody out there still play their sega dreamcast? Every once in awhile I bring mine out and play Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi.
AtlJoker
I think those were the only games I played when I had it. That and a few sports games, but if I had one I would play it because right after I sold it my friend got a bunch of burnt games for dreamcast. I still have them somewhere in my basement or garage.
dan751
Oh my goodness, if mine still worked I certainly would. I have the Birthday Pack for Sonic Adventure 2 (Limited Edition Japanese import), because my North American copy was soo scratched up from my little sister getting ahold of it, she was like 2 or 3 at the time. I use to play on my dreamcast all the time, then one time, while on vacation, it just stopped working, it would always boot to a black screen. So, I had no choice but to trash the system. A tear fell from my when I was putting the unit in the garbage bag. I still have the Sonic Adventure 2 Birthday Pack, it near mint condition. But, the bottom line is that no, I don't still play it. Sad
BobVsBob
I still have mine, but I don't play it anymore.

I wish the company woulld have been able to stay in business.. I'm sure they new dreamcast would have been so much better than the new ps3/xbox/wii/anything else Sad
dan751
BobVsBob wrote:

I wish the company woulld have been able to stay in business.. I'm sure they new dreamcast would have been so much better than the new ps3/xbox/wii/anything else Sad

I heard a rumor going around the internet stating that Sega is going to come back with a Dreamcast 2. I as much as I want it to be true, I don't think it is. According to Wikipedia, Sega said that their not returning to the console world. Crying or Very sad
Kirbyssj
dan751 wrote:
BobVsBob wrote:

I heard a rumor going around the internet stating that Sega is going to come back with a Dreamcast 2. I as much as I want it to be true, I don't think it is. According to Wikipedia, Sega said that their not returning to the console world. Crying or Very sad

Yeah I remeber when they made a press statement about that. And then they sided with Nintendo( which was a good choice in my view). There's a 1:100000000 chance that they will come out with a DC2, so yeah....
As cool as the dreamcast ( especially the innovative memory card system) WAS I'd say lets all move on and get obsessive about the wii now.
urbanbuddha
I sometimes still play my DC.

It was one of the better systems for 2D fighters.

Games that I like playing on the Dreamcast were: Powerstone, Crazy Taxi, Chu Chu Rocket, REZ and Rival Schools.
falco211
I don't because mine broke about a month ago. I had many problems with it and now I can't even play games anymore. Well I can probably find one for cheap on Ebay.
gh0stface
I still play my Dreamcast fairly frequently which I purchased off of ebay about 5 months ago. The best part of my Dreamcast is that it was made in a certain time frame and it allows me to play burned Dreamcast games from CD's.

It's a pity that the Dreamcast marketing was terrible. I believe that it really could have competed against the PSOne.
Manofgames
do you remember the little portable things you could plug into your controller?

they were so hitech at the time, i remember seeing something on newsround about it.
willy101
Dreamcast was a marvelous system, ruined by poor 3rd party software and because of the complex memory card. I loved the Sonic games and power stones on this system. I'd still be playing it now, but fortunately most of the games have been ported to other systems.
It's interesting to note that Dreamcast is in the same generation as Gamecube, PS2, and xbox. Also a new game for it was just released, called trigger heart excela.
william
Well, I've never actually owned one, but I have played it. Without a doubt, it was a fun system. If I owned one, I would be playing it now about as often as I use my Nintendo 64. I wish the Dreamcast would have saved Sega from leaving the hardware industry, but it didn't. But still, a great system that I would play if I owned one.
m_furquan36
Was a great console for its time,sad that it marked sega leave from the hardware industry.Still play mine every so often when i feel like playing the old games Razz
Blu_Spykz
I no longer lpay the Dreamcast, but when I did, the game I played more often was Resident Evil (Code Veronica).

At the time, it was far better in terms of graphics, gameplay, and sound than anything the playstation had managed to put out.

Truly put, the game was a classic, and until it was ported onto PS2, that was the only reason I owned a DC... Recently sold it on ebay, along with my Mega Drive and Master System.
phyconinja
I have a Dreamcast stored in my closet. I bring it out sometimes to play Skies of Arcadia. anyone else have that game? its one of my favorites. the only problem is that one of the discs is damaged. so it sometimes freezes on the first disc. Crying or Very sad
squeakypants
Let's see, what is there?
Ikaruga
Mars Matrix
Giga Wing
Sonic Adventure
Shenmue
Radirgy
...more...

It's sad that Dreamcast went under so quickly. It has just as many, if not more, great games as the other consoles. Imagine what we'd have if it didn't die out.
Patriot Players
Shame dreamcast crashed out, it had a lot of potential. Would be nice to see a four console market, though I suppose it would make it a hassle getting popular series that were console specific.
mattchun
I played dreamcast only because of the SEGA NBA series game, but now it can be played in the Playstation platform, then I give up dreamcast.
roach831
I Still got mine but i cant find the wires that connect to my tv thats hella wack
Geminh
I still play my Dreamcast every once a while if I'm really bored. They had a lot of great games including Soul Calibur, Shenmue and any 2K sport game that was made by Sega. I say that the console had a lot of potential if they added a DVD player like the PS2 did. And if the games weren't so easy to pirate, they would've survived a little longer.
ItsWesley
If I had a dreamcast then I would play it, only because you can pirate games o so easily, and there are some amazing ones like power stone.
jason5
I had one but get rid of it when i got PS2, but I always loved DC, too bad it went down so quickly.
falco211
I had one but it broke in September. I'm really sad that it did because it had some great titles. I used to always play Sonic Adventures and Soul Calibur but now I can't play them anymore.
Archetype
I sold my Dreamcast about 2 years ago for like $50. I regret it now, because looking back on it, I realize how cool of a system it really was. It was super easy to play burnt games, and you could do a lto of screwing around with installing stuff on it.

If i see one about for cheap, I'll probably pick it up. It's no big loss, since if I did have one now, I would never play it anyhow. But I'll never forget the first time I play Sonic Adventure. The game's visuals were stunning for back then. I miss the good old days. :p
driftingfe3s
The Dreamcast had so much potential but it never caught on. Maybe if they released it one year earlier in the US around the same time it launched in Japan it might of had better sucess.

I played my Dreamcast way more than my PS2. Shenmue was one of my all time favorite games.
The_Gamer294
wow i forgot all about dreamcast. i actually never played it.. its kind of a dead console
basementgamesltd
Ah yes, The Sega Dreamcast. Possibly the most underrated system ever to grace this earth. I own one and I really enjoy playing it. Some of the best games for the Dreamcast included: Re-Volt, Powerstone 2, Wetrix +, Fur Fighters and Daytona USA. My friends and I used to stay up until weee hours of the morning play Re-Volt, which was an awesome racing game centered around Radio controlled cars. Several of the tracks were outdoor in the streets and even in a museum! It's a crying shame that the Dreamcast died as soon as it did. It was truly a great system with minimal problems and great multiplayer support for the era in which it was released. Well, I hope not everyone moped and shed as many tears as I am right now remembering this great piece of hardware. but...as sad as it may be....it's time to move on Crying or Very sad Thank you Dreamcast, for so many wonderful memories.....
melissareich
CRAZY TAXI!

I used to play that all the time, it's the easiest to play for me actually and the only thing I like.
I also liked some Sonic game that was on like a sample game CD thing.

I really don't play much anymore but I used too.
QrafTee
People still are buying Dreamcasts... just like 3-4 a month. And there was a new game for the console in '03 I believe.
GProject
melissareich wrote:
CRAZY TAXI!

I used to play that all the time, it's the easiest to play for me actually and the only thing I like.

It was such an 'arcade' game though, even the home console version. I always thought it would be really cool - but I got it for PC one time and found myself getting bored really quickly. A shame really, because it had some awesome music tracks as you drove around.
funnyerror
Yea, i use it for web surfing, that way, i dont have to worry about viruses.... I think the dreamcast's internet surfing ability is what makes it neat...
eday2010
I actually bought a Dreamcast a couple months ago. I never owned one before, or even touched one. I decided that I was going to start collecting the retro Sega stuff again, and that instead of just collecting Genesis and Master System stuff, I would go for all their stuff (except Game Gear and Pico).

I only have a handful of Dreamcast Games so far, but I'm impressed thus far. I haven't played very much, but Crazy Taxi is awesome. I just wish there was a scenario feature instead of being a straight up arcade port where you never get anywhere, you just try to beat a high score.
jerryxjetx
i still play Sega dreamcast with the game Crazy Taxi 2. but its kinda boring when u played long enough.