FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GET FREE DOMAINS BY POSTING

shinji_x19
Come and Join DDBoard - An independent domain name forum to talk about the domain registration business and internet related technologies. Earn free domains as a member of the board.

To Get Your Free Domains Just join and enjoy every posts, every move/action/posts are rewarded with ddpoints (the official ddboard.com forum currency)
http://www.ddboard.com/
AtlJoker
I joined that site because I'm always looking for ways to get things for free Very Happy and I need a domain name,
redice
Ha, it is best site ! Post for website space here and post for domain names at http://www.ddboard.com/. Is it always free for poster ?
Manofgames
I've had a look at that site, and it seems not only a labourious way of earning domains, but also managing them.
these are the only ways of earning domains:
DD point thread wrote:

Creating a new thread: 15 ddPoints
Creating a new post: 5 ddPoints
Own thread viewed by other members: 0.1 ddPoints
Establishing a new high score in the Arcade: 500 ddPoints
Referring a new user: 50 ddPoints (new user must enter referrer user name when registering)
Daily lottery: 250 ddPoints (must buy a lottery ticket)
Weekly lottery: 2,500 ddPoints (must buy a lottery ticket)
Creating a poll: 5 ddPoints
Voting on a poll: 1 ddPoint
Weekly Paycheck (must have been active during week): 50 ddPoints
Points earned on Birthday (must have entered birthday on profile): 100 ddPoints
Leaving a post reputation: 1 ddPoint
Rating a thread: 1 ddPoint
Bank interest: 1% per week
Stealing points: 40% success rate

now according to my maths, to get the amount of points needed for a domain (nearly 2000) you'd have to do one of the following:

make 133 threads
make 400 posts
make 40 refferals
make 4 highscores (very difficult, the scores in the arcade are in the xx,xxx range)
try and steal points off someone else
trade with someone

all of these things are going to take a while, then there's the fact of managing the domain.
Granted, you can manage it yourself, but to register it you need to make a post in a forum, wait for the admin to read it and make the domain and wait for him to push it to you.

then to renew it, you need to have the same amount of points as before, (which is going to get pretty difficult if you rely on reffering or high scores), then you have to push the domain back to the admin, pay him the points, wait for him to renew the domain and push it back to you.

For me, this sounds to laborious Smile

I'd suggest veisiting www.namepros.com where its much easier to eanr domains.
Seiji
Even though the requirements are high we really can't say much because its free.
[FuN]goku
Manofgames wrote:

make 4 highscores (very difficult, the scores in the arcade are in the xx,xxx range)

Well,,,, we could always cheat lol..... does it say in their tos that you 'Cant'? Razz no dont cheat they'd probly catch you and you wouldnt get one at all then. probly easy to just ..... nah, im not bothered with posting that much on there... i got enuff forums as it is... And lately ive been a frihost addict for some reason. But ive seen better free domain sites, unfortunatly i dont have the links anymore Sad
dude_xyx
www.ddboard.com is ok its not easy to get a domain there and also registration is has to be done manually by asking admin. Still its free. I prefer namepros since there is a automatic registraion system and can get a domain faster. also coz can use that forum cash for other things. But the best way is use both there is nothing to looose all free ! Very Happy
damn
i think that all users in this forum will reg to this "free domain forum", because if they see this message in this forum...(i don't to continue Laughing )
schoolbag
it is nice, but dntemple requires less amount of posts to get free domains
sambhav
Yes. I have already bought a domain from dntemple
nivinjoy
www.ddboard.com doesn't exist now..!! They have stopped the service and even the board is not online now..!!
nam_siddharth
http://www.namepros.com/ does not give free domain anymore. Embarassed
leontius
http://ezyrewards.com/ formerly offered free domains in exchange of completing offers (usually surveys or site registrations), but it closed down sometime ago. I got 2 years worth of domain name by referral links only (I didn't spend any money on the site).
dude_xyx
Well Its seems free Tld domains are no longer avaliable in webmaster forums. Namepros don't offer domain registration anymore. Also Ddboard.com doesn't exists and even the domain name is on sale. Still you can still find random domains for free in here and there in webmaster forums.
galvaoanne
i1m trilled by this kind of service that provides or free just by partcipating foruns. how can they maintein it all economically?
fladry
galvaoanne wrote:
i1m trilled by this kind of service that provides or free just by partcipating foruns. how can they maintein it all economically?

they put ads in their forums. When you post comments, you are increasing their content. So, they get search engine traffic and also traffic from it's users. The ads are displayed a lot of times and they get the money and use a little fraction(or maybe more when just started) of the earning to give you all free stuff.
dude_xyx
I don't think this kind of services are available anymore. Namepros.com don't do it or the site which mentioned in OP doesn't do it. Good thing is You can get a free domain from Frihost now by posting. You need to have 300 coins I think.
mtorregiani
What an old topic!! hahaha

I used to be a moderator at DDBoard.com... and I didn't even know when the site got down... I wonder what could have happened...
Arseniy
Well, DDboard was not so bad. Got two domains there after nearly two months of not very active posting. Although, both were .info, but that doesn't matter much as for me Smile
Now we've got free .pp.ua domains for Ukrainians, so there's no very point for me about TLD's. But... to earn .com for free at Frihost - sounds very tasty!
mtorregiani
You're right Arseniy, DDBoard had a good run. I posted there for 2 or 3 years, and I got like 15 domains for free!
Ghost Rider103
dude_xyx wrote:
I don't think this kind of services are available anymore. Namepros.com don't do it or the site which mentioned in OP doesn't do it. Good thing is You can get a free domain from Frihost now by posting. You need to have 300 coins I think.

It's actually 350 coins.

No reason to keep this open. -close-