FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cool Name in forums

mensun
Hey have you ever felt that ppl are less intrested in you due to your name or nickname (like in forum)? Do you feel that having a cool name gives that extra advantage??
truespeed
Yes that can happen,in i chatroom i go in,i have many different nicknames,and some names i have nobody wants to chat to,whereas others seem to be more popular,and more people are willing to chat,why this should be,im not sure but it seems to be the case.

PS: this is one of my more popular nicknames.
Manofgames
having the nickname manofgames is sometimes hard to use, as some people think you're a bit of a retard or nerd lol Smile

It was really a spur of the moment thing when choosing it, but as they say... one bad mistake can ruin your life (In this case it hsn't ruined my life lol Very Happy )
Captain Fertile
I think a username is a bit like a first impression - you get an idea of the person behind the name instantly but what goes into the posts becomes a lot more important over time.

I rarely matters to me what a persons user name is unless it is clearly offensive and it is clear pretty quickly that person and I will probably not have a lot in common.
godam64
yes of course that a forum username, nickname, alias, aka, ect are so important to create perception. silly names will end up being someone underestimated before you show your real personality.