FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recommend a movie with ...

engeland
I'm basically scouting for movies that has a moral/storyline/whatever that has is literally or figuratively related to the ENVIRONMENT.

So i would like you all to recommend a movie (english only please) and probably give
- a scoop on what it really is about
- and how it is related to the environment

For example:

The Day After Tomorrow
- It tells of how the world heals itself by launching an ice age causing a mass extinction.
B4_Utopia
Have you tried looking for the Inconvenient Truth. It's more of a documentary than a movie, but it is definately related to the environment.

It's all true, and it's basically about the damage we've done to our world. If you're into that kind of stuff, you'll enjoy it. It's almost scary, and as the name suggests, it is an inconvenient truth...
Kirbyssj
B4_Utopia wrote:
Have you tried looking for the Inconvenient Truth. It's more of a documentary than a movie, but it is definitely related to the environment.

It's all true, and it's basically about the damage we've done to our world. If you're into that kind of stuff, you'll enjoy it. It's almost scary, and as the name suggests, it is an inconvenient truth...

Yes, I double that idea. It's a very great documentary of Al Gores views on the enviorment. I saw it with my parents and although I knew allot of information he fed the views it still scared the shit out of me.
engeland
sweet. i like the title already!
Let me check this out.

Mean time, are there any other options?
pudovkin
"Baraka". And watch the world live.
Scaramanga
Easy, Godzilla, the original film was supposed to be an allegory about nuclear weapons and war and the damage and mutation they cause to the world, embodied by Godzilla himself. I think there have been quite a few books written on the subject of Godzilla's link to the atomic age and the environment.

And you're in luck because Sony just released the original Japanese language subtitled Gojira/Godzilla film on DVD.
HDirtwater
A mostly overlooked movie regarding the environment (a theme that gets lost in the other stuff) is The Pelican Brief starring Denzel Washington and Julia Roberts. It's based on the book by John Grisham (not his best book, but still pretty good).

Check it out... Cool
vervaeke
Armageddon. If it wasn't for those brave souls, we wouldn't have an environment to care about.
Seiji
The Host starts off with a scientist polluting the waters and that leads to more terrible events. Movie doesn't come out until March 9.
neosree
Volcano : A volcano erupts in downtown L.A., threatening to destroy the city. The damages those lava causing. You can feel the haet.

Swarm: A huge swarm of deadly African bees spreads terror over American cities by killing thousands of people.

Dante's Peak: Dante's Peak, which has recently been named the second most desirable place to live in America, is being threatened by a volcano that hasn't been live for years.

EarthQuake: Various stories of various people as an earthquake of un-imagineable magnitude hits Los Angeles.

The core: The only way to save Earth from catastrophe is to drill down to the core and set it spinning again.

The Hindenburg: A film that chronicles the events of the Hindenburg disaster in which a zeppelin burst into flames.

Twister: Its all about those tornados, and series of intense storms sweeping across Oklahoma, USA.

The Perfect Storm: An unusually intense storm pattern catches some commercial fishermen unaware and puts them in mortal danger.

This is all I know now, if you need more, I might need to research on it! Think these are a good enough list of movies related to Nature
CrimsonStrange
May I suggest:

The Emerald Forest - Brilliant "based on a true story" flick about a little boy who's taken from his family by Amazonian Indians and raised as one of them. His biological father spends 10 years looking for his son and is in charge of construction of a dam that will obliterate the Indians' way of life. Lots of action, great human story and a deeper underlying theme of how what we do affects the world of the people we care most about.

Ferngully: The Last Rainforest - Yes, it's a cartoon, but with a great voice cast (Robin Williams, Christian Slater, Tim Curry) and a fantastic moral about de-forestation & it's effects on the world today as well as tomorrow.

Idea engeland, try doing an IMDB.com keyword search for "environment". That should bring up lots of titles!

Happy hunting! Smile
Mordane
Transformers

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

Energon Cubes, with them we don't need to harm the enviroment!
HoboPelican
CrimsonStrange wrote:

Idea engeland, try doing an IMDB.com keyword search for "environment". That should bring up lots of titles!

Excellent suggestion! I love IMDB and use it daily, but I tend to forget the keyword search. I wish they had a more obvious link to it.

Also try searching for similar words like Ecology.