FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

ADs vs. Frames

madc0w
Hey folks!

Before I really get active with this FriHost thing, I need a question answered. Normally, ad supported hosts don't get along well with frames in a page, especially concerning banner ads. Unfortunately, you end up with a banner ad in each of your frames, regardless of size and contents.

My question is if this is a problem here, or if there is a way around it (not a way around ads entirely, but just a way around having one in each frame).

I like using Photoshop's automatic Web Photo Gallery and most of the templates available use i-frames, so I end up getting a banner at the top of the page, a banner in the viewing pane frame, and a third one in the navigation bar w/ the thumbnails at the bottom. It's driving me nuts! And I don't want to have to buy someone's premium account just so I can have a little photo gallery.

Any help on this would be fantastic!
mathiaus
Rolling Eyes Frihost does NOT put ads on your pages. Therefore Frames will not show any more than 0 ads.
madc0w
Well then, I do apologize.
TribalArt
The fact that FriHost is one a tiny majority of webhost that has zero ads and real time support [i.e. the forum] often makes it a good oone to have and possibly a bit as to why they offer it for free.
swizzy
frihost earns purely by putting ads on thier own forums, not ours, thanks frihost