FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the simpsons

ujhan
someone just sent this link to me of a youtube movie (I think it is from the UK) that depicts the simpsons intro, but done by real life actors.. ..pretty entertaining

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49IDp76kjPw
Captain Fertile
Wow thanks for that the clip was great. Quite well done too.

What was even better as a big Simpsons and a big Friends fan I followed a couple of the links on the page when the clip had finished which showed some of the cast doing the voices they do on the show.

I then discovered that the guy who has done over 160 voices for the Simpsons including Moe, Police Chief Wiggum and Apu the Kwik-E-Mart guy is Hank Azaria who also plays David the scientist guy who Pheobe has a fling with in friends. Shocked

Not abig deal to many but it was of interest to a big Friends/Simpsons fan.
pashmina
Wow i am really looking forward to see this movie.
SimonWSTS
I've seen this clip b4. They showed it on Sky One a while ago. That is interesting atually about the guy who played david on friends doing the voices on Simpsons.
onemoment
Shocked oh that wouuld have had to be one of the coolest things ive ever seen! classic! Very Happy how funny is maggie beeping the horn, and homer throwing out the cartoon radioactive stick?
genius.
RT Cunningham
The Simpson's movie is long overdue. The series has to be longest running animated feature in the history of television.
Captain Fertile
RT Cunningham wrote:
The Simpson's movie is long overdue. The series has to be longest running animated feature in the history of television.

I'm not so sure a Simpsons movie would be such a good idea.

Scooby-Doo got away with it, just, twice but I have a horrible feeling the Simpsons in a live action movie might well end up more like the Flintstones did. It was ok but took away from the great cartoon series rather than paid it any great compliments.

I would be very upset if they handled the Simpsons the way they did with the Flinstones and I just don't know hwo they could pull it off. There is a whole lot more to capturing the Simpsons essence than creating a story line and then matching actors that can look and sound vaguely like the characters in the cartoon.

Plus having a real person playing Homer is like having Clint Eastwood play Rocky Balboa - no way can the movie be as good as the original. And so it goes for any of the main characters right down to Moe and Apu.
lethaltriad
lol that was cool, didn't get to hear the sound though because its late here. I know the movie is coming out soon and saw the preview the other day and thankfully its cartoon and not real life. Hopefully it will be good either way because i'm a die hard fan.
Geminh
They don't look like anything compared to the cartoon characters... LOL. It ruins everything for me Confused
Captain Fertile
Geminh wrote:
They don't look like anything compared to the cartoon characters... LOL. It ruins everything for me Confused

Aw it was just a bit of fun created to advertise SKY TV. You have to admire the effort that went into it. I don't think it should spoil the Simpsons in any way even if you hate the YouTube clip. Very Happy

I loved it and thought it was a lot of fun.
twisthigh
I can't wait for the movie to come out! It's going to be absolutely great I'm sure, that show is such a classic, I just love it.