FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

UGLY BETTY

butross
I have seen heaps of adds for ugly betty on channel 7 who is going to watch it?? It looks really funny apparantly its like the devil wears prada.
crdowner
I have watched several episodes. It is OK. It is kind of a tame soap opera. It has some back stabbing and some "wholesome" values.
Kelcey
I've seen the end of one episode. It was oddly enough, entertraining.
ergoe
It's actually based on a Mexican telenovela, Betty La Fea. And I think that when they won the Globes, they should have mentioned that information. Martin Scorsese was humble enough to thank Infernal Affairs for The Departed.
Indyan
ergoe wrote:
It's actually based on a Mexican telenovela, Betty La Fea. And I think that when they won the Globes, they should have mentioned that information. Martin Scorsese was humble enough to thank Infernal Affairs for The Departed.

Yes. That series has been adopted all over the world. In India we had "Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi". It was good initially but they producers streched it till everyone stopped watching.

Jassi

Betty

LYL*
It's OK. But is not like the best serie
cavey
I too got the "Devil wears prada"-feeling of this series.

I think this series is more for us girls :) No way that I could convince my boyfriend watching this with me. But I think this series is very cute, charming, funny and entertaining.
faylulu
yeah its definetely like the devil wears prada. Ugly Betty is really addicting to watch. My cousins in Australia watch it too. I think some people can identify with Betty and the things she has to overcome.