FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fighters for Glory - clan website

Raydon
As I said that the website will soon be finished, it is now Very Happy
Everything is done except "Galleries" and "Forums" section. A got some people that are makeing me clan signatures and avatars for Galleries section, while the Forums section should be up in about a week.

http://www.fighters-for-glory.frih.net

Please post you C&C becuse it would help me make it even better.

PS. If any1 here is good at makeing signatures or avatars please post here, I'll be paying in FRIH$ for them.
I need 400x150 pixels signatures and 80x80 or 100x100 pixel avatars.
The theme for them are at your choice, but I love robots, SF and fighter themes so for that kind I'll be paying more.
Sin Dasine
Raydon wrote:

PS. If any1 here is good at makeing signatures or avatars please post here, I'll be paying in FRIH$ for them.
I need 400x150 pixels signatures and 80x80 or 100x100 pixel avatars.
The theme for them are at your choice, but I love robots, SF and fighter themes so for that kind I'll be paying more.

same goes for me....
Raydon
so no critics or comments on my site? Rolling Eyes
awww...well I like simple designs so...
benjad
Overall, not too bad!

Visually, page looks good. I like the color and font choices. It is appealing, and visually easy to read.

- Header image -- might want to add some complexity to it. Drop in some of your coming soon avitars, or maybe game screen shot... a little to plain for my taste at the moment.

- breadcrumb navigation not really needed on a 1-2 page deep site, but it's nice eye candy.... shows looking ahead...

- Somewhere (either on main page or about) add the name of the game you play. Had to research that you are playing freelancer, a game by microsoft (the same company that brought you the blue screen of death, hooray!)

- Navigation requires javascript to be enabled. Mixed oppinion on that, i browse sites with js turned off, so that all the pop-up ads don;t get served.

Turning to the code..
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fighters-for-glory.frih.net%2FAboutUs.htm
Valid XHTML good!

Code:
<meta name="generator" content="Site Studio 6 - Trial Version (www.effectivestudios.com)" />
<meta name="Software License Restriction" content="This web site was made with a Trial Version of Site Studio 6. It may not be used for commercial purposes or stored with public access." />

* looks other way*

possibly consolidate all you css into the external file, there are a few embedded style tags that open up. Same thing for your div structure.. put it all on the external one.

I'll let one of the javascript guru's weigh in the all the JS. Seems a little excessive to me, but also works pretty well.

Overall, not bad...
plato
benjad wrote:
Overall, not too bad!

Visually, page looks good. I like the color and font choices. It is appealing, and visually easy to read.

- Header image -- might want to add some complexity to it. Drop in some of your coming soon avitars, or maybe game screen shot... a little to plain for my taste at the moment.

- breadcrumb navigation not really needed on a 1-2 page deep site, but it's nice eye candy.... shows looking ahead...

- Somewhere (either on main page or about) add the name of the game you play. Had to research that you are playing freelancer, a game by microsoft (the same company that brought you the blue screen of death, hooray!)

- Navigation requires javascript to be enabled. Mixed oppinion on that, i browse sites with js turned off, so that all the pop-up ads don;t get served.

Turning to the code..
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fighters-for-glory.frih.net%2FAboutUs.htm
Valid XHTML good!

Code:
<meta name="generator" content="Site Studio 6 - Trial Version (www.effectivestudios.com)" />
<meta name="Software License Restriction" content="This web site was made with a Trial Version of Site Studio 6. It may not be used for commercial purposes or stored with public access." />

* looks other way*

possibly consolidate all you css into the external file, there are a few embedded style tags that open up. Same thing for your div structure.. put it all on the external one.

I'll let one of the javascript guru's weigh in the all the JS. Seems a little excessive to me, but also works pretty well.

Overall, not bad...

Additionally add some navigation bar in the bottom of the page.
southy
Well, you do need a footer, but the style and design of the site are very well done. I like it a lot.

May I ask, is that hand-coded html?

I also recommend some graphics (i.e. in the header as well).
{name here}
My only concern is that you're using pure HTML and not even using Coranto to manage your news. You're going to be much happier managing your site news if you use at least something as simple as Coranto.