FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

President's Question on Yahoo answers

SmartIcon
Quote:
What should we do to free our planet from terrorism?

Human society, from origin until now, has always been at war within and between groups and has led to two World Wars. Presently, terrorism and low intensity warfare are affecting many parts if the world.

As the current global population of 6 billion increases to 8 billion by 2025, national and international conflicts will continue to be a source of concern for humanity. When evil minds combine, good minds have to work together and combat. In this context, what are the out-of-the-box solutions to free the planet earth from terrorism?
Your answers when processed and implemented can lead to a peaceful, happy and safe planet earth.

I have answered this question. If you have some thing to say to this question then you are most welcome.
kerryworkman
I am sorry, I don't really have an answer to your question of what we should do about terrorism. I do think that the United States is taking the wrong approach. The only thing a direct comfrontation will bring is more death and retalliation. Having said that I honestly do not think that there is an answer to that question. I believe that unfortunately it is part of the human condition to rebell against things that we do not believe, and we will never find one common truth for everyone.
clarinda0551
Question: where was terrorism from? People are not born to be terrorists. The U.S. invade their nations for democracy or whatever they do not ask for (and everyone knows they are not really interested in liberating them but in the resources like oil). Just leave these people alone and let them live their life. It may not be a good one to westerns, but that is what they have chosen. The question is, are you ready to accept the decrease of quality of your life when the America doesnt have as much overseas interests as today's, which is secured by the existence of it armies? Here's the dilemma, keep the military existence, terrorism arises, coz they cant have a symmetric war with the west ; leave these countries, the economy drops.
seagullspirit
here's the major first step that should be taken: just get rid of all politicians and terrorism will seam like a pleasant change when we'll have no more the idiocracy of politicians driving us nuts day in and day out.
kerryworkman
Actually I think the best step is to just get rid of alll of the people then there wont be any more reason to fight...... ;P
RhysAndrews
Terrorism is usually an act of religion. The reason why US is such a target is because they are generalized as absolutely up themselves, and so terrorist groups, by their religious beliefs, believe these guys should die. And so, US becomes a hypocrite - to accept and respect all moral beliefs, and then fight back and stop this one, destructive moral.

I am not for 'killing in the name of God' whatsoever, I don't believe Terrorism is correct. But I do believe we should accept and respect moral beliefs. And so how do we stop terrorism with this contradiction? Maybe we should go back to our roots... US is thinking "what the hell did WE do?", maybe they should stop and have a look at themselves. Not just US, the world.

I think Global Warming is a worse issue.
-Rhys
Q5U8
Just a thought.

Terrorism is the consequence of the extremism. Not the religion. Wink
coolclay
I agree I just watched a great movie called Obsession. It is a documentary about radical Islam's war against the west. It really made me see and understand why these terrorists believe what they believe. They are brainwashed from the time they are babies, into thinking that killing in the name of God is good, and will help them get to heaven or whatever. Radical Islam is a sick, twisted and demented form of Islam. I feel horrible for those Muslims who believe in peace and not the sick BS some of the religious teachers preach. If anyone gets the chance to see Obsession I highly suggest it, it is a great eye opening video. You can see an abridged version of the movie here http://terrorismawareness.org/obsession/ .
gtherockgod
I'm confused as to how the fact that earth's population is expected to increase rapidly in coming decades is related to the question? Most of this growth is to take place in poor African nations that are more concerned with finding food through the next week than terrorism. Not to say there isn't corruption in Africa- nearly all of these poor nations have at least some corruptions within their government.
kerryworkman
gtherockgod wrote:
- nearly all of these poor nations have at least some corruptions within their government.

ALL nations have some corruption within their government, usually the more money involved the more corruption, power corrupts, that's just the way it is ..... unfortunately ..... then again I am a little jaded, so mabye it's just me???
Vrythramax
I agree that all governments have acertain degree of corruption, it's an inherent byproduct of having power over another person. However, not all governments are run by corrupt people and the vast majority do not condone acts of terrorism.....for any reason.

Terrorism is as stated, an act of extremism, and history has pointed out that it is ineffective towards it's own end goal....which is usually to force someone else, or group of people over to another person(s) cause. The end result is it does terrorize people, but at the same time it can galvanize people against it's goal(s), which could only serve to harm it.

Am I wrong here?
Donutey
I think terrorism is the wrong word in almost any situation. It's become too easy to call local and world conflicts that we have little understanding of the history, just terrorism. It's as bad as labeling all "communists" as bad, and exactly the same reason we got into Vietnam we got into Iraq.
/rant
skygaia
I think ... It's not simple to answer the question.
I want to say.... love each other as Jesus did..
Vrythramax
skygaia wrote:
I think ... It's not simple to answer the question.
I want to say.... love each other as Jesus did..

I don't want to start a religious debate here....but Christ's love for his fellow man didn't quite work out to well for him did it?
eday2010

Easy: kill the terrorists Wink

clarinda0551 wrote:
Question: where was terrorism from? People are not born to be terrorists. The U.S. invade their nations for democracy or whatever they do not ask for (and everyone knows they are not really interested in liberating them but in the resources like oil). Just leave these people alone and let them live their life. It may not be a good one to westerns, but that is what they have chosen. The question is, are you ready to accept the decrease of quality of your life when the America doesnt have as much overseas interests as today's, which is secured by the existence of it armies? Here's the dilemma, keep the military existence, terrorism arises, coz they cant have a symmetric war with the west ; leave these countries, the economy drops.

Um, there were terrorists in Afghanistan before the US went in there. There were terrorists in the Middle East longe before the UN kicked Iraq out of Kuwait in 1991. And since invading Iraq with a host of other countries, how much oil has the US export from Iraq to the US as a result from the invasion? Last time I heard, it was zero barrels. The US gets over 80% of their oil from Canada, who has the 2nd of 3rd largest oil supply in the world.

People aren't born terrorists, but they are brainwashed by their parents and people around them who have also been brainwashed.
Vrythramax
eday2010 wrote:

Um, there were terrorists in Afghanistan before the US went in there. There were terrorists in the Middle East longe before the UN kicked Iraq out of Kuwait in 1991. And since invading Iraq with a host of other countries, how much oil has the US export from Iraq to the US as a result from the invasion? Last time I heard, it was zero barrels. The US gets over 80% of their oil from Canada, who has the 2nd of 3rd largest oil supply in the world.

People aren't born terrorists, but they are brainwashed by their parents and people around them who have also been brainwashed.

I like your solution...kill all the terrorists....now please give us your wisdom on how to identify them before they commit acts of terrorism....or do we have to wait until they act and kill people?
kerryworkman
Vrythramax wrote:
eday2010 wrote:

I like your solution...kill all the terrorists....now please give us your wisdom on how to identify them before they commit acts of terrorism....or do we have to wait until they act and kill people?

Like I said before, just get rid of all the people ... kill-em-allll .... including yourself, and just hope that you haven't wasted your life praying to the wrong "GOD". I can't fathom killing someone else or even myself for a set of belief's (there is a reason they call them belief's instead of truth's - no factual data to support the theory) I may believe that the sky is pink or up is down, but it doesn't justify killing someone or several someone's because they don't believe the same thing as me??? You take a group of people who blindly believe whatever their religious leaders tell them, and say what GOD wants everyone to believe this truth, GOD wants you to enforce it, and on top of that you will be rewarded in heaven for doing it. Talk about the blind leading the blind. I think the world just needs to outlaw all forms of organized religion, people are still free to believe and pracice what they feel is right, but without a religious leader telling them what to believe and how to believe it.
I would like to apologize in advance to all the religious people out there whom I am sure I offended, I don't have a problem with you having faith or your beliefs, whatever they may be. I just don't think that anyone should blindly follow anything .... the greatest gift/tragedy we as humans have is our ability to reason .... if more of us took the time to think I believe there would be alot less violence, especially in the name of something intangiable.
Vrythramax
kerryworkman wrote:
Like I said before, just get rid of all the people ... kill-em-allll .... including yourself, and just hope that you haven't wasted your life praying to the wrong "GOD". I can't fathom killing someone else or even myself for a set of belief's (there is a reason they call them belief's instead of truth's - no factual data to support the theory) I may believe that the sky is pink or up is down, but it doesn't justify killing someone or several someone's because they don't believe the same thing as me??? You take a group of people who blindly believe whatever their religious leaders tell them, and say what GOD wants everyone to believe this truth, GOD wants you to enforce it, and on top of that you will be rewarded in heaven for doing it. Talk about the blind leading the blind. I think the world just needs to outlaw all forms of organized religion, people are still free to believe and pracice what they feel is right, but without a religious leader telling them what to believe and how to believe it.
I would like to apologize in advance to all the religious people out there whom I am sure I offended, I don't have a problem with you having faith or your beliefs, whatever they may be. I just don't think that anyone should blindly follow anything .... the greatest gift/tragedy we as humans have is our ability to reason .... if more of us took the time to think I believe there would be alot less violence, especially in the name of something intangiable.

Do you realize how absurd your idea is....kill everybody....so that must include yourself, your family, and friends as well....so what happens when there is only one person left? They kill themselves?
babumuchhala
The only way to get over terrorism, is to abolish the very system we have. There has to be no countries, no states, no regions, no religions, no cast , no creed.

So if all of us are same and happy, there wont be a need for any hatred.

But then, that will never be possible because, of the way humans are made (we use our brains too much), the way the earth is made (divided into regions with different climate and stuff), and unfortunately this is the only way it will end.
kerryworkman
Vrythramax wrote:
kerryworkman wrote:

Do you realize how absurd your idea is....kill everybody....so that must include yourself, your family, and friends as well....so what happens when there is only one person left? They kill themselves?

Of course I know how absurd it is (yes, I ment everyone, including me: no people = no problems). That was the point of the comment, it is as absurd as thinking we can actually put a stop to terrorism, or just kill all the terrorists. Even berfore our problems with the middle east we had terrorism of our own, here in the states (i.e. Oklahoma City bombing). Terrorism isn't one group of people who have one problem with another group of people, it can be a single nutcase who was not held enough as a child, or just dosen't agree with someting that is a popular belief. I was just trying to go to the extreme to illustrate my point, not really suggest we end human life on this planet. Sorry for the confusion.
Vrythramax
kerryworkman wrote:
Of course I know how absurd it is (yes, I ment everyone, including me: no people = no problems). That was the point of the comment, it is as absurd as thinking we can actually put a stop to terrorism, or just kill all the terrorists. Even berfore our problems with the middle east we had terrorism of our own, here in the states (i.e. Oklahoma City bombing). Terrorism isn't one group of people who have one problem with another group of people, it can be a single nutcase who was not held enough as a child, or just dosen't agree with someting that is a popular belief. I was just trying to go to the extreme to illustrate my point, not really suggest we end human life on this planet. Sorry for the confusion.

Now I can agree with you, I took your comment as a literal suggestion...my mistake.

No harm, No Foul Wink
kerryworkman
Vrythramax wrote:
kerryworkman wrote:

Now I can agree with you, I took your comment as a literal suggestion...my mistake.

No harm, No Foul Wink

It was my bad, sarcasm dosen't translate well over the internet. Sometimes, I get too caught up in seeing things from my own perspective, and forget how other people might take it. I have read alot of posts that gave me the wrong impression too. All is goood, no worries Smile