FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BSOD oh no! Need help

warallthetm
Ok, recently my windows xp pc has been randomly crashing alot. After it would crash it would display the blue screen o death with some error codes on it. I wrote down the code:
Code:

Technical info:
***STOP 0X00000024 (0x001902FE,0xF79C2814, 0xF790C2510, 0xF74349c4)
*** Ntfs.sys - address F74349C4 base at F73B9000 , Datestamp 41107ee9

I have an nvidia cinema video card, and i tried updating the drivers, but that didnt help, and everytime i run a registry check program, the computer crashes without an error screen. I need help, i was thinking about taking it to the computer repair shop, i managed to back up about 2/3 of my hd to dvd disks but i really dont want to have to reformat because its a pain.

PLEASE HELP
Relentless
Hmmm did this start happening after you installed the driver updats? because if so i recomend uninstalling them and the safest way of doing that would be in safe mode. but make sure you have got the driver rolled back.

Or if not make your comp crash again note down the time it happend and go into your computer managment in your Administor tools located in control pannet and goto logs and click system, and look at the time and there should be an Error look at it and see if it tell u any info...

if not (lol) download system doctor for free and it will tell you what is running and what is causing this behavior......

Dan....
warallthetm
ok, thanks. Now for my computer to crash. Which will be in about 5 minutes
Bones
You most likely have a corrupt file system or the ntfs driver itself is corrupted. (ntfs.sys is the ntfs file system driver)

Boot from the XP cd to recovery console and run a chkdsk /r